Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

cupojafa0cad4f91 Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 02, 2013 5:52:40 AM(UTC)
cupojafa0cad4f91

Groups: Registered

My first few cuts turned out okay. Some of the more detailed areas ripped. Now even on the highest setting for heavy cardstock it won't cut all the way through AT ALL!
I have only used my machine 1/2 a dozen times and I'm not getting the results I desire or see from other people's projects. What could I be doing wrong? I've watched videos, etc and nothing seems to help. Any help would be appreciated.

Next step will be to see if I can return this. I'm one very unsatisfied customer!
Bugsy2 Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 02, 2013 6:59:20 AM(UTC)
Bugsy2

Was thanked: 452 time(s) in 321 post(s)
I'm sorry you're having trouble. I have had my mini for nearly a year and I really like it. My only advice would be to change the blade. Usually that solves the problem for me... provided all the settings (blade depth and pressure) are correct for the paper/cardstock used.

If changing the blade and adjusting the settings don't work, then call Customer Support. They are amazing, and if they are able to help you they will.
CowgirlUp Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 02, 2013 1:14:07 PM(UTC)
CowgirlUp

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 897 time(s) in 729 post(s)
I agree try a new blade. I know your machine is brand new and hasn't been used much but sometimes you get a faulty blade with your new machine. I know I did with my baby bug. and my friend did with her Expression.

Also try a different brand of paper. Some papers just don't cut well in the cricut. I know in my cricut I can't use Bazzil paper. it just doesn't cut well in my machine. But some people swear by it. Where in my mine the Coredinations papers from JoAnn's cut great in mine and other people have no luck with it.

Hope you can get your machine working right. and can enjoy it. Please don't give up.
cupojafa0cad4f91 Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2013 3:38:26 AM(UTC)
cupojafa0cad4f91

Thank you ladies! I will try both of your suggestions.