Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Scrappy_Vee Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 09, 2013 2:00:29 AM(UTC)
Scrappy_Vee

Groups: Registered
New Zealand

Was thanked: 268 time(s) in 181 post(s)
I am looking at getting another machine (and no thanks, I'm not leaning towards another brand Wink )

I currently own a Pink Expression which I absolutely love and use almost daily. She sounds alot louder than she used to and freezes alot so I thought it's time to get a back up. I will add here that she is now over 3 years old.

I have seen a few brand new original expressions for sale lately and am very tempted to grab one. I know this machine and all it's functions like the back of my hand. I know what speed and depth for what paper etc etc

Is this the way to go or should I be looking into an E2. I have seen a bit of negative feedback about this machine. The one thing that stands out is some say that the E2 doesn't cut as well as the original.

All advice and opinions are appreciated.
krafty kate Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 09, 2013 2:45:25 AM(UTC)
krafty kate

Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 57 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Scrappy_Vee Go to Quoted Post
I am looking at getting another machine (and no thanks, I'm not leaning towards another brand Wink )

I currently own a Pink Expression which I absolutely love and use almost daily. She sounds alot louder than she used to and freezes alot so I thought it's time to get a back up. I will add here that she is now over 3 years old.

I have seen a few brand new original expressions for sale lately and am very tempted to grab one. I know this machine and all it's functions like the back of my hand. I know what speed and depth for what paper etc etc

Is this the way to go or should I be looking into an E2. I have seen a bit of negative feedback about this machine. The one thing that stands out is some say that the E2 doesn't cut as well as the original.

All advice and opinions are appreciated.

Hi There,

Here's my 2 pence/cents worth.

I have an Expression (had, my daughter ran off with it when I purchased the E2), an E2 and an Imagine.

If you know your machine like the back of your hand DON'T change. You would have to learn these things all over again, which may take time and you may find this process very frustrating.

The E2 was designed so that updates to 'functions' would not be restricted by the keys built into the machine. There is no need for overlays when using your cartridges and it takes both Original Cricut Cartridges and Imagine Art Cartridges (obviously it will ONLY be able to cut the images from the Imagine Art Cartridges).

The E2 used to drive me nuts with the many stages before you could cut something out but they fixed that. Now it is a one step process, if you wish it to be, if you need to adjust the blade and paper options you still can. You can save any cut (blade depth, paper/card weight) that you have 'tweaked' which is a great feature.

The updates to the E2 have changed the face of the home screen and it now displays five icons. There is little in the way of a manual to explain these changes and the PDF files in using your cricut are woefully out of date and do not reflect changes made to the machine.

I had terrible issues with my E2 not cutting properly when it first arrived. It went back in the box twice, but I kept trying to get it sorted; it needed a new blade housing!! My 1st Expressions, in my opinion, does cut better than my E2. I only discovered this after my daughter ran off with mine.

At the end of the day it really is a matter of personal choice.

HTH
 1 user thanked krafty kate for this useful post.
Scrappy_Vee on 7/9/2013(UTC)
Narelle Online
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 09, 2013 3:11:36 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7858 time(s) in 3675 post(s)
I'm the opposite. My E2 cuts much better than my Expression. Good luck with which ever machine you choose. BigGrin
 1 user thanked Narelle for this useful post.
Scrappy_Vee on 7/9/2013(UTC)
MarleneO Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 09, 2013 9:59:11 PM(UTC)
MarleneO

United States

Was thanked: 103 time(s) in 80 post(s)
I have 2 Expressions an Imagine and an E2 and I hate the E2. Stick with the original E, it is much easier to operate. And a lot less electronic parts which means it will probably last a lot longer.
 1 user thanked MarleneO for this useful post.
Scrappy_Vee on 7/10/2013(UTC)
Godot's Girl Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2013 5:06:11 AM(UTC)
Godot's Girl

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States
Location: Too far from the farm! MQ pg.13, #387; Circle MQ pg. 4, #98

Was thanked: 2866 time(s) in 1717 post(s)
I love my E2! It is the only machine I have had, though, so I understand my opinion not holding weight. As a previous poster said, if you loved your original, and know it so well, it is probably best to stick with it. I have seen so many posts about people buying the E2 after having the E, and being frustrated trying to learn it. I did not have any frustration because the E2 was my first, and as I said, only, machine. The only negative I can see, or hear, I should say, is that the E2 is a noisy machine. I describe it as dragging chains across a dock...lol! Good luck with your decision. GG

Edited by user Wednesday, July 10, 2013 5:06:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked Godot's Girl for this useful post.
jenny dennis Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2013 8:24:28 AM(UTC)
jenny dennis

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 15721 time(s) in 3797 post(s)
I am with Narelle I think my E-2 does cut better having said that I have a baby,e
E,E-2 and an imagine and I do seem to always go back to my reg E just because I know it. I did have some trouble learing the E-2 my advise is if you decide to go with a 2 make yourself use it and make a copy of the icon legand that is in the handbook to keep right beside it that's what I had the hardest time with remembering everything good luck with whatever you decide.
 1 user thanked jenny dennis for this useful post.
joyfullycrafting Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2013 1:01:16 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1459 time(s) in 1164 post(s)
I have an Expressions, an Imagine, and a baby bug. My E has seen better days, and does have a cutting issue. I think the next time I see a good price on a refurbished E, I will get one. I don't want to learn a new machine! And until my old E started having issues, I loved her.

I also have a Gypsy. I was so sad when they discontinued making them. I have no interest in CCR and internet cutting. I LOVE my G.
 1 user thanked joyfullycrafting for this useful post.
Scrappy_Vee Offline
#8 Posted : Sunday, July 14, 2013 11:57:24 PM(UTC)
Scrappy_Vee

New Zealand

Was thanked: 268 time(s) in 181 post(s)
I still can't decide.

My money is safe for now.
BJR Offline
#9 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2013 6:30:30 AM(UTC)
BJR

Was thanked: 446 time(s) in 327 post(s)
Since you know how your E works is there any store where you live that might or could demostrate the E2 for you. That might help you decide. Also maybe check out videos. They both are nice machines. The E is easy because it was made after the baby bug and built on the ease of use that it had. Yes, the E2 is different and you may have to learn a bit but it is also a nice machine and has some extra functions you can appreciate. Keep the money safe but maybe check out some info. in the meantime that way when the chance to get what you want comes at a good price you'll be ready! BJR.Smile
MaryScraps Online
#10 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2013 3:44:32 PM(UTC)
MaryScraps

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 6875 time(s) in 2794 post(s)
I'm trying to decided if I should get an E2 also. I am not sure what to do.

Edited by user Sunday, July 28, 2013 3:47:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified