Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

CricketCMV Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2013 7:02:19 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 8314 time(s) in 4910 post(s)
How much do you normally have to pay for the die cuts?

Do you love your eBosser?

Can you show us anything you've done with it?

Char
 1 user thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
rhondah* on 7/11/2013(UTC)
Annabella Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2013 2:36:02 PM(UTC)
Annabella

United States

Was thanked: 624 time(s) in 509 post(s)
I do not have this machine. I guess it would be nice if you do not have any dies from Spellbinder, Cuttlebug, Tim Holtz, or any of those. You would not be able eo use them. The plate you buy will only fit in those machines.

There was a review on one of the message boards that read there was a 30% return rate on these as the plates do not always feed properly and they will get stuck and then you are out of luck as it can not be returned for that reason.

This is my opinion. I do not feel it is worth it. If you want a wider embossed area for your projects purchase the fuse or the Grand Caliber-at least you have the opportunity to use other dies that are readily available!
 2 users thanked Annabella for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 7/11/2013(UTC), rhondah* on 7/11/2013(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2013 8:35:21 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: Annabella Go to Quoted Post
I do not have this machine. I guess it would be nice if you do not have any dies from Spellbinder, Cuttlebug, Tim Holtz, or any of those. You would not be able eo use them. The plate you buy will only fit in those machines.

There was a review on one of the message boards that read there was a 30% return rate on these as the plates do not always feed properly and they will get stuck and then you are out of luck as it can not be returned for that reason.

This is my opinion. I do not feel it is worth it. If you want a wider embossed area for your projects purchase the fuse or the Grand Caliber-at least you have the opportunity to use other dies that are readily available!

Thanks so much for the information; I would never buy a machine like this at that price. I'm so glad to know the 30% return rate on the machine (for future reference). Again, I just don't think it does all that much to warrant paying the price for it.

Char
Sherri Kay Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2013 10:01:57 PM(UTC)
Sherri Kay

United States

Was thanked: 2446 time(s) in 2193 post(s)
I have the eBosser and I love it! You can use all of the embossing folders you already own in it. If your "sandwich" is too thick, it will stop and back out preventing from ruining the machine. Just take something out of the sandwich and send it back through. It gives really beautiful and deep embosses and also cuts through many layers. I don't know why Annabella said you can't use your Cuttlebug, Tim Holtz, etc. dies in the eBosser because you can. BigGrin
 2 users thanked Sherri Kay for this useful post.
rhondah* on 7/11/2013(UTC), CricketCMV on 7/12/2013(UTC)
MarleneO Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2013 10:37:37 PM(UTC)
MarleneO

United States

Was thanked: 103 time(s) in 80 post(s)
I have the eBosser and I love it. And YES, it can cut with any of the dies out there on the market. I have many Spellbinders, Sizzix, etc. , many different types of embossing folders and it works with everything! You can cut a few layers at a time if you are cutting more than one copy. It is very powerful. The only drawback is the fact that it is a bit noisy.
 1 user thanked MarleneO for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 7/12/2013(UTC)
Calmom Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2013 11:35:04 PM(UTC)
Calmom

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 2095 time(s) in 1069 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Annabella Go to Quoted Post

You can use ALL Embossing Folders and Dies.

The machine will prevent the plates from going through if they do NOT fit. The EBosser is actually one of the safer Embossing & Die Machines out there.

I do not have one but I did a lot of research on it. I would love to have one but I can't justify the cost since I have a Cuttlebug and Vagabond. Perhaps you have it confused with something else, or you were given incorrect information.
 1 user thanked Calmom for this useful post.
Auntie Dene Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2013 6:13:56 AM(UTC)
Auntie Dene

United States

Was thanked: 331 time(s) in 117 post(s)
I LOVE my Ebosser.
 1 user thanked Auntie Dene for this useful post.
Annabella Offline
#8 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2013 8:22:01 AM(UTC)
Annabella

United States

Was thanked: 624 time(s) in 509 post(s)
I apologize for giving the wrong information concerning this machine!
I never found any info that you could use "other" dies in this machine.
I'm still looking, but am very sorry if it steered you wrong.

Can someone tell me what dies you can use in this machine? I'm sure you would need some sort of attachment to have these other dies work. Are you able to use Sizzix Alteration dies? They are larger dies and Tim Holtz has many of them out there.

Consumer Reports is where I got the return information.

As for use of the other dies, I never read that you could so I figured,(WRONG!!!!!) that they just couldn't be used.

I just purchased a Vagabon and I love it! No more cranking for these old arms!!!!
 1 user thanked Annabella for this useful post.
Sherri Kay Offline
#9 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2013 11:31:58 AM(UTC)
Sherri Kay

United States

Was thanked: 2446 time(s) in 2193 post(s)
You can use all the other dies out there that you own. I'm not sure about the Sizzix Alteration dies as I've never seen or used them. You don't need an attachment to use other dies. The sandwich would be different, that's all. Smile
 1 user thanked Sherri Kay for this useful post.
CricutCrazy Offline
#10 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2013 11:42:08 AM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 1099 time(s) in 807 post(s)
I have an Ebosser and I love it !! Yes - you CAN use all sorts of dies and embossing folders with it. I love the 8 1/2" x 11" embossing folders where you can emboss a whole page to make cards with them ! I had a Vagabond and it broke after 1 year and they wanted $125. to fix it !! I also have 6x6 and 8x8 folders that you cannot use in a Cuttlebug.

No problems with jamming the machine if you make your sandwich according to directions....I think the people with the problems were not reading instructions and wanted to blame it on the machine.

1 user thanked CricutCrazy for this useful post.
nova436d388a Offline
#11 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2013 4:54:11 PM(UTC)
nova436d388a

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
eBosser is very good machine and easy to use. I sell this machine in my online store and I didn't have any return http://www.smallcraftmal...p;pricelo=&pricehi=. You can use most of die cuts, you can't use Sizzix Pro die cuts. If you will make decision to buy the Grand Calibur, please remember that this machine doesn't work with Sizzix Bigz die cuts. If you like big machines I think sizzix big shot pro is the biggest manual machine. However, I tested the eBosser and I like this machine. If you have any question, I will be more then happy to help you.
 1 user thanked nova436d388a for this useful post.
CricketCMV Offline
#12 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2013 9:19:28 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Lots of good information here; thanks everyone! I would love to have a bigger embosser than my little hand cranker, but again, I wouldn't be able to afford this. I'm sure it is well worth it given the fact you can use so many other things with it.

Char
nova436d388a Offline
#13 Posted : Saturday, July 13, 2013 10:21:24 AM(UTC)
nova436d388a

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Good luck Char :) Soon will be the CHA in Vegas, I hope to see new products there.
 1 user thanked nova436d388a for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 7/13/2013(UTC)
moore.jenna61b9133588 Offline
#14 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2013 7:13:07 AM(UTC)
moore.jenna61b9133588

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I too love the eBosser! I looked around for some reviews and couldn't find many, so I went to the forums (first time on this one) and found some good ones.

Anyway, yes, the eBosser works with all my folders (sissix, and tim holtz, cuddlebug) as well as dies (i mostly have lifestyle crafts) So, yes! The ebosser is amazing and highly recommend!

Jenna
 1 user thanked moore.jenna61b9133588 for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 7/15/2013(UTC)