Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

CricketCMV Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2013 7:05:34 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 8269 time(s) in 4871 post(s)
What else have you done with your Big Bite? Not sure it is worth the $39.99. It comes with 400 Grommets.

What do you think? Do you use it a lot?

Char
TammyPuckett Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2013 7:35:37 AM(UTC)
TammyPuckett

Was thanked: 363 time(s) in 215 post(s)
I have one & love it! I have a large supply of eyelets that I use on layouts & the Big Bite allows you to get into the center of the page. I also have a Crop-A-Dile & like it for smaller things!
 1 user thanked TammyPuckett for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 7/11/2013(UTC)
EnableMeForever Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2013 8:18:46 AM(UTC)
EnableMeForever

Was thanked: 168 time(s) in 156 post(s)
I don't use mine a lot, but it does come in handy! I'm pretty sure I've used mine on leather, and I've also used it on heavy chipboard.
 1 user thanked EnableMeForever for this useful post.
Leanner Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2013 8:36:44 AM(UTC)
Leanner

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 1584 time(s) in 1169 post(s)
I have one and I love it.

The first one that I got squished the grommets into ovals. After fussing with it for months, I contacted the company and they replaced it for free. They had great service! The new one has never had an issue and it punches through all sorts of things.

They sell it at J's so I would buy it with a coupon.
 1 user thanked Leanner for this useful post.
DeeDee87 Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2013 8:51:36 AM(UTC)
DeeDee87

Was thanked: 512 time(s) in 217 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Leanner Go to Quoted Post
I have one and I love it.

The first one that I got squished the grommets into ovals. After fussing with it for months, I contacted the company and they replaced it for free. They had great service! The new one has never had an issue and it punches through all sorts of things.

They sell it at J's so I would buy it with a coupon.

I would buy it at J's. They will have a 15% off your total purchase that starts next weekend. I got mine sometime last year & I got it for under $20.
 1 user thanked DeeDee87 for this useful post.
EstherWheat Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2013 9:53:43 AM(UTC)
EstherWheat

Was thanked: 222 time(s) in 138 post(s)
Yes I have one and I love it! I don't think you will have any trouble with leather!
Good luck! And use those coupons!!!
 1 user thanked EstherWheat for this useful post.
CricketCMV Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2013 10:03:27 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Thanks for your replies......I AM ALREADY REGRETTING BUYING THIS ON HSN THIS MORNING!!

It's much cheaper at Joann's and Michael's this week....but, I did get the case and I thought they said 400 grommets (but, now I've seen an ad on their site that says only 100 grommets, so I must be mistaken by that).

The grommets aren't cheap, as I've been looking at the prices of those at our craft centers.

Where do you buy your grommets? Any good buys on these? I'll definitely pick and choose what grommets I buy and use the coupons at our craft centers when I want particular colors, etc.!

I woke up and turned HSN on (before I even got out of bed) and they were showing this. I JUST KNEW IT MUST BE A GOOD DEAL! LOL. Well, maybe it still is a good deal; just know I could have gotten the item itself much cheaper after checking around.

Let the buyer beware!!

I have hundreds of belts that I have accumulated over the years.....although, I don't think I've bought anything with a belt on it for ten years! LOL. I have tried to give belts away at yard sales (for five or ten cents, plus told people to take any belts for free that they need). I don't like to send things to Goodwill that they have to store and/or that might ultimately just be thrown out. I do take many items to Goodwill....don't get me wrong....just not items I think are overly used and/or that I just don't think anyone else might have a use for.

Anyway, I have wanted to do something with those belts for years. I have often thought of cutting them down and putting a new hole/grommet at the short end where you could buckle the belt around your arm (sort of like a bracelet). Maybe I've seen that somewhere....but, I think I thought about it before I actually saw someone else doing that.

I also think it will be great to use on my cards.

LET THE BUYER BEWARE, THOUGH!! I won't be going back to change the order....too much hassle. Maybe it's not that bad of deal, but I have had second thoughts, that's for sure.

Char
TammyPuckett Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2013 11:51:19 AM(UTC)
TammyPuckett

Was thanked: 363 time(s) in 215 post(s)
I haven't used any of the grommets that came with mine, but I use eyelets all the time. Look at Oriental Trading to see if they have grommets. They have good deals on eyelets!
 1 user thanked TammyPuckett for this useful post.
Annabella Offline
#9 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2013 2:41:11 PM(UTC)
Annabella

United States

Was thanked: 624 time(s) in 509 post(s)
I purchased mine several years ago when they first came out. I haven't used the gromets, but use mine for all sorts of things. I have needed to punch holes in mini-books, and have even used to put holes in leather belts. I have found it useful for the smaller grommet like items, but am very careful as a little squeeze will do it.

It is a great purchase and I would call HSN and cancel the purchase like everyone said, it is cheaper at J's or M's with a coupon!!
 1 user thanked Annabella for this useful post.
MotoMomof2 Offline
#10 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2013 5:59:55 PM(UTC)
MotoMomof2

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 336 time(s) in 264 post(s)
I got mine on clearance at Walmart for $12.99. Couldn't pass it up for that price and was glad I got it, don't use it a lot but comes in handy
 1 user thanked MotoMomof2 for this useful post.
CricketCMV Offline
#11 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2013 8:32:34 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

I went shopping (90-mile round trip for me) at Michael's, HL and Joann's, today. None of them had the Big Bite II on sale and they were all $39.99. While I did have 40% off at M's and HL (didn't have J's coupon), I figured with the case being $12 (which I would not have bought had I bought my BBII at one of these stores figuring I didn't really need it) AND with the added eyelets/grommets in the kit, I came out ahead. Of course, it will depend on whether I got 100 pieces or 400 (I was sure they said 400 on the program, but I don't really hear all that good). I figure I just came out even; I'm okay with sticking with the HSN purchase.

The next thing I notice....don't think there is a lot of choice in the kinds of brads/grommets/pieces you can buy for the finished looks on projects....but, I think I am going to have fun just trying to come up with something else to supplement those items.

I think I'll be using it mostly to be able to go farther in on the pages/projects than I can with a regular hole punch and I am going to love working with the leather belts.

Char
kimcar Offline
#12 Posted : Thursday, July 18, 2013 11:56:53 AM(UTC)
kimcar

Was thanked: 116 time(s) in 87 post(s)
I have used my bb to punch holes in belts that I am resizing. I have also used it on certain types of plastic and heavy chipboard. No issues with these items.