Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

lmorgan1209e96dc925 Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2013 8:34:50 PM(UTC)
lmorgan1209e96dc925

Groups: Registered

I'm trying to cut out letters on vinyl heat transfer with my Cricut for a tshirt. I did it once before with a store bought glitter vinyl sheet, but this new stuff I ordered online is a little thicker. The Cricut is cutting out only part of each letter. I've tried different settings and do not know what I'm doing wrong. How can I get it to cut out each letter all the way? I'm a Cricut newbie and don't understand the blade settings and when you should change your speed and pressure. Can anyone give me any help?
scrapalette Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2013 8:58:06 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19163 time(s) in 8570 post(s)
While it might be blade depth or pressure, it sounds more like the vinyl sheet is not stuck all the way down on the mat. Once you place the vinyl sheet on the mat, use a brayer {if you have one} to roll over the sheet. If you don't have a brayer, you can use a credit card to slide over the vinyl sheet. Once the sheet is stuck all over, the cutting should be consistent.

For the blade depth, look at your blade housing unit {when it's out of your Cricut} and you'll see only a tiny bit of the blade showing. As you increase the blade depth {the higher numbers} you'll see more of the blade showing which means it will go deeper into whatever you are cutting. So you use a higher number on the blade depth for thicker media.

For the pressure, think of writing with a pencil. If you lightly write, you won't see any impression in the paper, only the writing. But if you really press down while you write, you will see an impression in the paper as well as the writing. The amount of force the arm places on the blade is like the amount of force you placed on the pencil and that's the pressure. And again, the higher the number or setting, the more force or pressure is placed on the blade to cut through the media.

HTH a little!
 1 user thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
EstherWheat on 7/12/2013(UTC)