Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

scrappymom Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 14, 2013 8:18:57 AM(UTC)
scrappymom

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 296 time(s) in 236 post(s)
Just wondering if anyone who did the gypsy update linking with CCR has had any problems. I have an E and a baby bug, which I take to crops with me. I have used my E but haven't had any problems.

Yesterday I went to a crop and I wanted to use the digital cartridge (on my G) I had bought with my $20 credit. When I tried to cut it prompted me to do a firmware update on my baby bug, which I did. I had problems all day. It kept saying communication had stopped and to check for an update. I would shut everything off and turn it back on and still have problems. I did get it to work off and on but it never did cut from the digital cartridge.

I haven't tried to cut the digital cart from my E yet and am worried it will mess that up too.

Anyone else have any issues?

LindainWA Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 14, 2013 9:17:42 AM(UTC)
LindainWA

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 942 time(s) in 552 post(s)
I also had this happen with my gypsy. I updated quite a while ago and thought I had used my baby since then, but can't remember for sure. I was trying to cut the tractor on My World. After it kept shutting down on the baby, I tried my Imagine and it did the same thing. The thought it might be my gypsy since she is older. I rebooted my Imagine and the gypsy and it worked, but still not on my baby bug. I used several different carts but no change.

I don't know how to update the baby any other way than through the gypsy. May try to update via CCR (which I hate) when I dig out the cord.

I did link my carts to CCR after this happened just in case I did have to get a new gyspy, if I can find one at a reasonable price.
 1 user thanked LindainWA for this useful post.
scrappymom on 7/14/2013(UTC)
scrappymom Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 14, 2013 6:14:29 PM(UTC)
scrappymom

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 296 time(s) in 236 post(s)
Thanks. I did a reset and it seems to be working much better. I did 3 test cuts, one from a regular cart that had been linked to my G and then the 2 digital carts and it cut. Hopefully, I won't have any other issues.

Good luck finding a new G! I am so disappointed that they discontinued it. I love mine so much, I never cut without it.
LindainWA Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 14, 2013 6:56:44 PM(UTC)
LindainWA

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 942 time(s) in 552 post(s)
I'm with you - I never cut w/o mine either. I had a line on a replacement as I was the first one to respond to her ad but then she tells me that it is pending sale. I never saw another person ask for it above me. I think she found out she could get way more than she was asking so just pulled it. Frustrated.