Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

carollewis80d14b34 Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 14, 2013 5:52:26 PM(UTC)
carollewis80d14b34

Groups: Registered

I have been seeing all of the floating frames and really want to try to make one. I have watched all types of videos on how to work with vinyl so I finally bought the vinyl and transfer tape to start playing with it. My question is - after I have it all cut out and ready to put on the glass, where does it go? On the front of the glass so when it is in the frame, the vinyl will be on the outside? I didn't see how it would work any other way but all the examples I have found doesn't say how to make it - it just shows the finished project. Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
scrapalette Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 14, 2013 6:00:04 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18987 time(s) in 8485 post(s)
If you purchased a "true" floating frame, it has two pieces of glass and the vinyl goes on one piece and then the other piece goes on top of that {so the vinyl is sandwiched between them}
when put it back in the frame.

But, a lot of people use a regular frame and place the vinyl on the outside of the glass. And some people {myself included} buy frames at dollar stores to match the size of my "fancy" frame just to use the glass as a second piece for a floating frame.
carollewis80d14b34 Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 14, 2013 6:20:54 PM(UTC)
carollewis80d14b34

Groups: Registered

Ok - I think I get it. I can either use 2 pieces of glass - use the bottom piece and place the letters on top and then place the 2nd piece of glass on top of the lettering so it is sandwiched between the two pieces of glass. OR, I can just use one piece of glass, put the letters on top of it and then put it in the frame and let it go at that. I think I will try the 2nd option first just to see how I do using the vinyl. Thanks for the help!