Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

thebuttonexpress Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2013 9:13:57 PM(UTC)
thebuttonexpress

Groups: Registered

Hello to all,

I am not on the forum often but I have always found the posts to be very helpful. Thank you for the time that you take to share information! I have been having problems with the Expression as many of you I have heard are. I have not been able to find a place that services these machines. Before making another purchase, I would like to ask the following questions:

1) Is the Expression 2 worth the investment? The machine I now have finishes a cut and then the blade goes across the page making one long cut. I saw a YouTube video with instructions on repairing this machine yourself that seemed to be very complicated.
2) Does the Expression 2 have the same problems as the first Expression?
3) What is the average lifespan of these machines? Is there really a difference between the two?

Thank you in advance for your help,

CraftyGirl24
thebuttonexpress Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2013 9:16:29 PM(UTC)
thebuttonexpress

Groups: Registered

Sorry Cricut I misspelled the name of the machine......sleepy!Mellow

CraftyGirl24 @ thebuttonexpress
scrapalette Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2013 9:28:58 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19106 time(s) in 8537 post(s)
First, I would try the reset procedure and it just may fix the problem with your E cutting lines as the blade moves. I have them on my blog under the Cricut Help page. Or you can call PC and CS will give them to you.

If the reset doesn't solve the problem, definitely call CS as they will troubleshoot with you over the phone.

I'm not sure what problems the first Expression had? I've had mine since right after they came out and I've not had any problems. And I use it almost daily.

I don't know what the average lifespan is.

The big differences between the E and the E2 are: the technology in the E2 is newer and more easily updated, the screen on the E2 shows you where the images are going to be cut and you don't use the keypad, instead you use a touchscreen. There are some other differences. Under the New To Cricut tab at the top of the forum, there is a comparison chart.

Good luck!