Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
TurtleBug Offline
#61 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2013 5:30:19 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 957 time(s) in 619 post(s)
Hello Ladies,
Hope everyone is enjoying the week-end!

LisaW

#3 - The very nice floral paper looks very familar, I'm sure I have some in my stash, will have to dig it up and use it. Love the doily design border and the matting of the strip really allows the ribbon to pop. You made this card to a "T" according to the sketch, very nice.
Ex. Credit - So cute!! Like the swirl embossing, the pastel colors and the placement of the sentiment across all three cones. Very yummy treat!

LadybugJett
#1 - Used this same Teddy cut once when I made a 6" shape card and it turned out really cute, just like yours did on here! Like the ribbon with the sparkly polka dots and the Happy B'day embossing in the background.
#2 - LOVE the colorful striped BG paper and how you scattered the buttons kind of "Pick Up Sticks" style...let-them-fall-where-they-may look! The all white buttons with the one pink on top is a nice accent.
#3 - WOW!! Love these so elegant looking W-O-W cards, both variations are very pretty, the assorted embossing looks great. Like the glittery cardstock and simple addition of the tiny pearls.

Edited by user Sunday, July 28, 2013 6:18:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Kiethann Online
#62 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2013 5:46:20 PM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Was thanked: 684 time(s) in 523 post(s)
well ok maybe one............NOPE finished all my cards and even did a shaped one. first one I used Cricut HEE HAW and some papers from Paperproducts stack pack.
sketch two used a Martha Steward punch and Sentiments for hapbeeand Lifes a party for birthday. Sketch 3 used phrases cart and some tiny button brads. I crimped the white cardstock. For my shaped card I used the Lifes a party cartridge and a circle punch for the coins. I distressed the wood paper a little more. I cut out two of the treasure chests and then inverted one of them to make the hinged card. I left a tiny gap between the two treasure chests and then drew around them. Hope you enjoy my interpretation of the sketches. GOSH DARN it, I do not know why my cards and cutting off. The bottom of the card with the horse is just like the top. The bottom of the card with the bees on it says birthday. and the shaped card the inside of the card has gold coins and space for a message. I will try to repost later. sorry everyone. I damped the yellow ribbon, wiped an ink over the embossing plate and used a border embossing plate with honey comb on it to texture the ribbon. sketch 1 hee haw sketch 3 with add colors.shaped card for xtra credit

Edited by user Sunday, July 28, 2013 6:22:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: add a note.

Kiethann Online
#63 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2013 6:09:24 PM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

ok going to try this again well rescanned the inside of shaped card and the hapbee birthday card. the shaped card turned out full but the other one still is cut off. at least you can see both hapbee and birthday on it. time for jello!!! inside of shaped cardsketch 2 hapbee birthday card

Edited by user Sunday, July 28, 2013 6:24:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

BingoLady Offline
#64 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2013 6:23:05 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 972 time(s) in 658 post(s)
Kiethann, wow, wonderful cards, the bees came out so cute. Great job on
the treasure chest card. Nice work, thankyou.

Thankyou ladies, I hope you ladies had a wonderful weekend.Love Love

Kiethann I went back and I saw how you did the coins on the Treasure chest
card.That is so cool. The first time I saw it, it did show the coins.

Edited by user Sunday, July 28, 2013 6:27:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Kiethann Online
#65 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2013 6:26:13 PM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

thank you bingo lady. I rescanned three of the cards and there is another post below my first one which shows more details.
LisaW. Online
#66 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2013 8:23:26 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 102 post(s)
BingoLady...Thank you for jumping in and posting great challenges. Thanks for the extra credit of a shaped card...forced myself to do one and plan on doing moreBigGrin. Love your dinosaur card and how you showed 2 and the trees and grass are a great addition. Very nice sketch 3 and of course your wonderful embossing. Cute colorful brads. Adorable shaped card.

NanaDonna: Thank you for the colors this week. I had planned on using my paper that has the same pattern as the bedding but ended up using the colors a different way. Adorable dinosaur card. Love the background paper and how you added googly eyes. Your white on white card is beautiful...so elegant and the soft pink is pretty. Beautiful card in the ad colors. Cute mitten for your shaped card.

Turtlebug: Very pretty background paper and nice touch with the feathers. Thank gosh you were able to get your cricut working again. I would be in trouble...I don't have a backup but I don't think I could live without my machine either, lol. Gorgeous white on white card and love the touch of gold. In answer to your question about the clock...it was actually a stamp at HL I found (40% off) where I found the ribbon also to match. A metal hook would have been a nice touch...next time. Great chicken birthday care...I so love that chicken wire patterned embossing and laughed on the sentiment...loved it.

Hannah: Beautiful quilt...can you share your talent:)

1 user thanked LisaW. for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 7/29/2013(UTC)
LisaW. Online
#67 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2013 8:42:57 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

doing a page at a time so I can get my posts in...keeps timing out on me. They can get rid of this silly code any time.

LadybutJett: So glad to hear you had a great time at camp. Very nice waterbottle with the vinyl. Happy very very late birthday. What mess...my kitchen table is never cleaned off any more these days, lol. Great set of lips:) Great set of cards...cute bear. Love how you used the buttons. Your w.o.w. is very pretty...both of them.

Turtlebug: Pretty sketch #2 in the ad colors..ribbon, flowers, embossing and pretty patterned paper...perfect. Answer to your question...yes my nephew is a little cowboy. In fact they had spent all last week in the miserable 100+ degree weather at a fair. He has a pig this year instead of his usual goat and calf...He is 5. My yeehaw was just little individual blocks of letters I have. Wonderful job on your black and white card. I like that patterned paper. Love your extra credit card...I took your instructions and how you did yours and that was how I did mine.

NanaDonna...Absolutely love that paper for sketch #3...and great job on the "happy birthday". I wish I had that other machine, lol. Thank you so much for sharing your floating frame...and what a beautiful gift for your daughter.
 1 user thanked LisaW. for this useful post.
LisaW. Online
#68 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2013 8:50:43 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Kiethann: Very nice set of cards...#1 for me...did the paper come that way or did you emboss it. Very pretty. Great job on the thank you with the ad colors. Love your treasure chest...I wouuld like to scraplift that if you don't mind. Great job with the "rope" for the handles. Adorable bee card...cute background paper.

Thanks ladies for the wonderful cards so far.

Lisa

now that I am doing the pages one at a time I haven't gotten the security code back...figures, lol.
Kiethann Online
#69 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2013 9:32:00 AM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

LisaW all of the papers for sketch 1 came from a paper stack from Paper House titled 100% western. I found the stack in the clearance section of JoAnns for $1.97. I used papers from it for sketch 1 and also for the woodgrain on the shaped treasure chest card. Please feel free to scrap lift the treasure chest. For the gold coins, I used Recollections gold foil from a foil paper pad which I bought on clearance at Michaels. GOT TO LOVE those clearance sale items!!
Kiethann Online
#70 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2013 10:23:52 AM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Bingo Lady sketch 3 did you emboss both of the background papers? also like the teeny stars you used on the card. Your squirrel shaped card is so cute. I am sure any child would enjoy the card.

TurtleBug sketch one card made me chuckle when I read the inside greeting. I have never seen a chicken wire embossing folder before. Sketch 2 card using the add colors is very nice. Love all of the extra details you added to the card. Like the printed background paper used with it. Also like the card you posted from the last weekly challenge. Again I like the printed background papers you selected to match the add colors. Your WOW card from last weeks challenge was spot on. Like the touches of yellow used on it and the three dainty flighty butterflies.

NanaDonna I like your WOW card from last weeks challenge and how you implemented the pink to make the card POP! Love your sketch one from this challenge. The spots and squiggly eyes sure finish off the dinosaur. Like the floral background paper used with sketch 3. Never thought of using the border feature to make a shaped card. Like how you emossed each colored scoop of ice cream on the shaped card. Really thank you for sharing pic of your floating frame. I have always loved that particular saying. thanks much for sharing.

1 user thanked Kiethann for this useful post.
Kiethann Online
#71 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2013 10:32:14 AM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Lisa W sketch 2 card. Like how you embossed the woodgrain to give it some dimension, and the ribbon with the clocks printed on it matched so perfectly. Sketch 1. like the way you used the barbwire to add a frame around the little cowboy. Cute bright and cheerful sketch number 3. Love the dainty flighty butterflies on the card also. I have that Martha Steward border punch also and use it quite often. I think it is called lacy doily border punch.

Ladybud Jet.. Like the vinyl shapes you chose for your water bottle. Sketch 1 cute little teddy bear, Sketch 2 your background papers you chose I like sketch 3 love the embossing on the card.

Turtle Bug sketch 3 like how used just black and white on the card and the black stitching.

GREAT CARDS EVERYONE!!!!! sorry if I missed commenting on a card or two.
 1 user thanked Kiethann for this useful post.
BingoLady Offline
#72 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2013 11:11:11 AM(UTC)
BingoLady

Hello to all of you ladies. Two more days before my week is up. I want to
see more pretty cards.BigGrin
TurtleBug Offline
#73 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2013 8:58:05 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Kiethanne
So happy you were able to get your cards made and share them with us!

#1 - "HeeHaw" cart sounds like a fun cart to use, especially with papers from a Western theme stack. Love the BG paper and the pose of the horse...never seen a horse image like that on a cart before. Great card!

Extra Credit - So cute and very creative shape card, great for a little Pirate celebrating his B'day! Like how you did the chest handles with rope and the gold foiled coins. Great idea to cut the chest from wood grain cardstock, gave it a great look!

#2 - Cute "HapBee" card! Like all the bees circled around the "Queen Be". Love the oh-so-cute little bees BG paper. Very fun card!

#3 - Nice Ad Color card, the tiny pastel-color buttons are so cute and dainty. Like the crimped border, I forget I have one, and hardly use it, but I do love the results. Very nice printed papers you chose.

Edited by user Monday, July 29, 2013 9:03:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

BingoLady Offline
#74 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2013 11:51:49 AM(UTC)
BingoLady

Well ladies another week come and gone, Thankyou for posting your wonderful
cards. We still have some time to post.
*NanaDonna* Offline
#75 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2013 2:32:08 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2618 time(s) in 1376 post(s)
Bingolady - thanks so much for hosting this week and providing us with the handmade sketches. Sorry it was so quiet around here, must be with everyone going back to school. The entire MB was been exceptional quiet, could also be because of that dumb security codesCursing Mad
I just read the the MD will be closed for maintenance on Thursday from 2 am to 4 am I sure hope this time things will run a lot smoother around here
TurtleBug Offline
#76 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2013 4:45:06 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

BingoLady,
Thanks for Hosting this week on such short notice, and for the nice sketches you gave us to work with.

NanaDonna,
Thanks for subbing for Dee and providing us with the pretty Ad Colors.

Having card-making withdrawal, since I made all my cards pretty quick and have not had any new sketches to work with.LOL All my card-making is devoted to this Challenge only. Am looking forward to see what LadybugJett has in store for us these next two weeks....I'm sure it will be fun!!Smile

Edited by user Tuesday, July 30, 2013 4:47:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

LadybugJett Offline
#77 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2013 5:26:22 PM(UTC)
LadybugJett

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 22 post(s)
I sure hope I get it right. I will try to post the new challenge late tonight.