Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

loraecook61a536cc Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 21, 2013 3:50:30 PM(UTC)
loraecook61a536cc

Groups: Registered

Got my cricut today, tried a couple cuts, but the paper is pretty much glued to the mat - it's ridiculous! I have all the spatula tools, but this sticky problem is way more than what a spatula could handle. I literally spent almost 30 min scraping all the paper off, then trying to wash the teeny tiny little pieces off. In the process,I've added a bunch of dust and cat hair to the mat.

So frustrated - spent almost 4 hours on the new machine today and not getting much of anywhere :(

Why are the mats so sticky that you can't even get your paper off without bending / peeling / tearing / ripping it?
karen_johnson09 Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2013 10:50:02 AM(UTC)
karen_johnson09

Groups: Registered

Hi Lorae,

New mats can be very sticky. If you have one that is, peel the protective cover off and then press your hands down on your mat several times to "transfer" some of the oil from your skin to the mat. This will help with the excessive stickiness problem.

You can "wash" your mat with a baby wipe or soap and water to get the paper lint/peices off.

Hope this helps

Karen
JoyceG Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2013 8:41:04 PM(UTC)
JoyceG

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 924 time(s) in 597 post(s)
Happened to me too the first time I used my mat. Now I know when I get a new mat to stick it to the shirt I am wearing and peel it off of me. Just make sure its a clean furless shirt when ya do it.

Here's another tip for ya. When your mat loses its stickiness, you can gently hand wash them with warm water, a little dish soap and a scratchless scrub pad. Ya don't have to scrub really hard. rinse, let water drain off and then pat dry with a paper towel. Let it finish air drying and the stickiness returns. Cover it with the clear plastic sheet that comes with them. I just got done washing 7 of them and all have renewed stickiness.

Joyce
 1 user thanked JoyceG for this useful post.
rauch.tanyae08ec759 on 8/27/2013(UTC)