Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

CricutGena Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, July 22, 2013 12:14:55 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 997 time(s) in 319 post(s)
Hello Everyone! I have a few tips for you to use when crafting with the Anna Griffin Cut and Emboss dies!

We provided the rubber mat for two reasons. One reason is to allow the embossing feature that we all love! The other is to save you all a little money and provide an alternative to needing the optional C plate. If you are finding that the sandwich combination (A plate, Rubber mat, B plate, Die, Material (paper), B plate) is too thick simply replace the Rubber mat and B plate with the optional C plate. This will, very slightly, reduce the thickness and allow you to run the sandwich combination through the Cuttlebug. When you return to emboss the detail go back to the original sandwich combination, the C plate will NOT allow the embossing.

Also, with the large full page cut and emboss die, you will need to make sure that the rubber mat is centered in the center of the A plate. Then make sure that the die is center in the middle of the rubber mat. (You can see the mat through the clear B plate to center it!) You do not want any portion of the die to overhang the rubber mat. If it does, it will not have the pressure needed to cut through that portion of the die.

I hope that this helps! These are phenomenal dies and we want you to have the best experiences possible!

-Cricut Gena

Edited by user Monday, July 22, 2013 12:43:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: spelling

8 users thanked CricutGena for this useful post.
MelindaStrange on 7/22/2013(UTC), scrapalette on 7/22/2013(UTC), ChelaDones on 7/22/2013(UTC), Tennis53 on 7/22/2013(UTC), Scrapluvin on 7/22/2013(UTC), JoBlakley1 on 7/23/2013(UTC), Mary R. on 8/5/2013(UTC), DarleneDuncan on 7/9/2014(UTC)
klt1126cefb1fd6 Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 15, 2013 2:16:58 PM(UTC)
klt1126cefb1fd6

Thank you for this information. I am able to cut and emboss the single ivy die, but it always breaks the ivy apart when I emboss.
Olivia'sNana Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 17, 2013 7:37:39 AM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Was thanked: 886 time(s) in 423 post(s)
Originally Posted by: klt1126cefb1fd6 Go to Quoted Post
Thank you for this information. I am able to cut and emboss the single ivy die, but it always breaks the ivy apart when I emboss.

I don't do a lot of embossing and my embosser is another brand, can't even think what it is called but anyway - it sounds like yours is putting too much pressure on your paper and cutting all the way through in places.

This happened to me sometimes so rather than buy another thinner plate, I took two old cricut mats that still had some tack, placed them face to face so they would stick together, I used my bottom plate as a pattern and then cut the 2 attached mats out using a box blade and straight edge, the same size as my bottom plate. This made the perfect top plate thickness to make the embosser make a nice even emboss without cutting through some of the design. If you needed it even thicker, just keep adding mat layers until it works.
GardenGrandma Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 09, 2014 1:26:57 PM(UTC)
GardenGrandma

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Mad I have a BIG Shot and have tried many combinations and I can't get my griffin dies to cut

nestibilites do fine Help