Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Joy4lly Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 23, 2013 10:21:36 PM(UTC)
Joy4lly

Groups: Registered

It's all 7.5" x 5.5" in size. I can't do the smaller 2" x 2" size box..would anyone know how to teach me how to make a smaller box.. w/ out using my cricut and such.. just using the Martha Stewart scorepal.. thnx in advance..

JOY

Edited by user Tuesday, July 23, 2013 10:22:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Bugsy2 Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2013 5:21:49 AM(UTC)
Bugsy2

Was thanked: 474 time(s) in 335 post(s)
If you're just looking to make a simple square 2x2 box, simply start with a 6x6 piece of cardstock. Score at 2 inches and again at 4 inches. Turn your paper so those score lines are now running horizontal. Score at 2 inches and again at 4 inches. Cut your "flaps", fold and glue and you are done. This little box is super sturdy.
scrapalette Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2013 7:12:07 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19161 time(s) in 8569 post(s)
Since your card stock is already 7.5 x 5.5, I'd cut it all to 5 x 5. Then score each side at 1.5 inches. That would give you a box that is 2 x 2 with 1.5 inch sides.

You could cut the paper to 5.5 x 5.5, if you need a box with taller sides, and then score at 1.75 on all sides but I find the "even" measurements easier {but I have a scorepal not a MS score board}.
Joy4lly Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2013 6:07:06 PM(UTC)
Joy4lly

Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post
Since your card stock is already 7.5 x 5.5, I'd cut it all to 5 x 5. Then score each side at 1.5 inches. That would give you a box that is 2 x 2 with 1.5 inch sides.

You could cut the paper to 5.5 x 5.5, if you need a box with taller sides, and then score at 1.75 on all sides but I find the "even" measurements easier {but I have a scorepal not a MS score board}.

Thanks Bugsy2.. I appreciate your help..rereading my post, I don't think I made my original post very clear.. sorry was late at night when posted.. glad to know the box is very sturdy though.

scrapalette I see you understood my ' not so comprehensive post' . Thanks for responding as well. I will try this and get back to you both and let you know how it went. I like the idea 1.5 inch sides. hmmm.. hadn't thought of that part.. would allow it to show the white cardstock. Since I have all this 7.5 x 5.5 brown cardstock would hate to waste it if I can use it..

Will return when I get one finished..BigGrin not sure if I can post a pic or not? never done that before.. thnx

JOY