Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

lyndisan Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2013 12:37:07 PM(UTC)
lyndisan

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/4/2010(UTC)
Posts: 112
United States
Location: Hermitage, Tennessee

Thanks: 186 times
Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 22 post(s)
Is there a way to design a swing card like those on the Artiste cartridge in ccr or on the gypsy? I have tried and failed.
scrapalette Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2013 3:00:24 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 7/12/2008(UTC)
Posts: 23,832
United States
Location: FB: Cricut Lovers Guide to Design Space

Thanks: 8585 times
Was thanked: 19134 time(s) in 8556 post(s)
I'm sure there is! I'll take on the challenge after dinner tonight! BigGrin
 1 user thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
lyndisan on 7/31/2013(UTC)
MaryStillman Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2013 3:57:23 PM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/30/2011(UTC)
Posts: 2,085

Thanks: 1184 times
Was thanked: 1249 time(s) in 792 post(s)
I've made swing Christmas cards on the gypsy using Lacy Labels. The trick is to hang the design and the paper off the edge of the mat. I'll attach a couple pictures if it lets me and then edit to give you some instructions.

Mary

This should work on the gypsy, but I don't know if it will work with CCR. The picture showing how to place the images to cut was from a different swing card, but the instructions are the same.

For the Christmas card, I place the shadow from Lacy Labels to be centred right on the edge of the mat. I placed a rectangle that also fell off the mat around it to be the length that I wanted for my card (5 1/2", and extended the length about an inch beyond the lacy labels image. Then I placed the paper an inch or so beyond the rectangle, and hanging off the mat and then cut. You'll need to finish the card with a paper trimmer as the cricut will only cut 3 sides of the rectangle and half the lacy labels image.

Mary

Edited by user Tuesday, July 30, 2013 4:04:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Add instructions

MaryStillman attached the following image(s):
ChristmasCard.jpg
HKDesigningOffTheMat.jpg
 1 user thanked MaryStillman for this useful post.
lyndisan on 7/31/2013(UTC)
BeckyPittman Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2013 3:57:23 PM(UTC)
BeckyPittman

Rank: Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 12/13/2009(UTC)
Posts: 20

Thanks: 177 times
Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
There is a post in general chat about this. Disney-Carts-End-Caps-Swing-Card-Samples.
You might check it out. Sorry I'm not getting it to link here.

Edited by user Tuesday, July 30, 2013 3:58:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

 1 user thanked BeckyPittman for this useful post.
lyndisan on 7/31/2013(UTC)
Narelle Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2013 4:37:24 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 9/26/2006(UTC)
Posts: 10,996
Australia
Location: Facebook: Cricut Lovers Guide to Design Space

Thanks: 2036 times
Was thanked: 7904 time(s) in 3706 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MaryStillman Go to Quoted Post
I've made swing Christmas cards on the gypsy using Lacy Labels. The trick is to hang the design and the paper off the edge of the mat. I'll attach a couple pictures if it lets me and then edit to give you some instructions.

Mary

This should work on the gypsy, but I don't know if it will work with CCR. The picture showing how to place the images to cut was from a different swing card, but the instructions are the same.

For the Christmas card, I place the shadow from Lacy Labels to be centred right on the edge of the mat. I placed a rectangle that also fell off the mat around it to be the length that I wanted for my card (5 1/2", and extended the length about an inch beyond the lacy labels image. Then I placed the paper an inch or so beyond the rectangle, and hanging off the mat and then cut. You'll need to finish the card with a paper trimmer as the cricut will only cut 3 sides of the rectangle and half the lacy labels image.

Mary


Unfortunately this won't work with CCR. If a shape is off the mat that shape won't cut at all.

But for DS and the Gypsy it's a great idea.
 1 user thanked Narelle for this useful post.
lyndisan on 7/31/2013(UTC)
MaryStillman Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2013 6:54:36 PM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/30/2011(UTC)
Posts: 2,085

Thanks: 1184 times
Was thanked: 1249 time(s) in 792 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Narelle Go to Quoted Post
Unfortunately this won't work with CCR. If a shape is off the mat that shape won't cut at all.

But for DS and the Gypsy it's a great idea.


Scrapalette may come up with an alternative in CCR. She's really good at that.

Mary
lyndisan Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2013 7:25:24 AM(UTC)
lyndisan

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/4/2010(UTC)
Posts: 112
United States
Location: Hermitage, Tennessee

Thanks: 186 times
Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 22 post(s)
Thank you all for the information! I wish I had my Gypsy with me at work so I could try this on my lunch hour. It will just have to wait til I get home. Thank you again!
CricutCutie Offline
#8 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2013 5:54:20 PM(UTC)
CricutCutie

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/13/2011(UTC)
Posts: 351
United States
Location: Charlotte, NC - MQ Pg 9 #259; New MQ Pg 1 #12

Thanks: 16 times
Was thanked: 123 time(s) in 96 post(s)
Scrapalette ~ any chance you've found a solution in CCR for this? I tried playing around over the weekend myself and couldn't get it to work. Hoping someone else can figure it out - it would be a great alternative to having to buy the cartridges that have this on them.

Charlene
MaryStillman Offline
#9 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2013 7:23:49 PM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/30/2011(UTC)
Posts: 2,085

Thanks: 1184 times
Was thanked: 1249 time(s) in 792 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricutCutie Go to Quoted Post
Scrapalette ~ any chance you've found a solution in CCR for this? I tried playing around over the weekend myself and couldn't get it to work. Hoping someone else can figure it out - it would be a great alternative to having to buy the cartridges that have this on them.

Charlene


I have come up with a way to do it. You'll need to cut a slot in your mat, so it makes the solution difficult for some people.

Here's the post, and I added tips to the post a couple of replies down from the pics of how to do it.

Hopefully scrapalette has come up with a simple way to do this. You can also do this by just cutting the image out and then gluing a "post" and the image back into the card.

http://www.cricut.com/fo...ds---it-can-be-done.aspx

Mary
MaryStillman Offline
#10 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2013 7:34:14 PM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/30/2011(UTC)
Posts: 2,085

Thanks: 1184 times
Was thanked: 1249 time(s) in 792 post(s)
Here's how you can do it in CCR without cutting a slot in your mat.

Mary

Make sure you line the cupcake up with the cupcake hole in the card. This involves 3 pieces of paper to make the basic card, plus any layers you want to add. Use symmetrical shapes for this method.

Edited by user Tuesday, August 27, 2013 7:36:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MaryStillman attached the following image(s):
CCRSwing3Pieces.jpg
MaryStillman Offline
#11 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2014 9:10:10 AM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/30/2011(UTC)
Posts: 2,085

Thanks: 1184 times
Was thanked: 1249 time(s) in 792 post(s)
Bump to top for someone that has questions on swing cards.
Users browsing this topic
Guest
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF | YAF © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.783 seconds.
nebo-cricut-02