Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

bkcoker40f1618573 Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 08, 2013 2:05:50 PM(UTC)
bkcoker40f1618573

Groups: Registered

I am trying to do a 24 in. sign with the Opposites Attract cartridge and cannot get it to look right. Is there a better cartridge to use for this? I am wanting to use the weld function also.

Thanks!!

Edited by user Thursday, August 08, 2013 2:43:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Olivia'sNana Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 08, 2013 2:50:02 PM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 914 time(s) in 448 post(s)
The way I would do it is first assuming you are using CCR or gypsy (I don't have a gypsy so not sure how this would apply).

to do 24" you will need a 24'mat but the maximum length it will cut is 23.5". In ccr
open the "text" tool bar on the left side of the screen. In the font cartridge box, select OA and in the feature select the OA style that you want.
Click on the "add text box" and start typing your word. click the down arrow on the "letter spacing" tool until the letters connect (weld). keep adjusting to your liking. Your word will spread across the screen beyond the mat. That is ok because for me, it is much easier to work with in the portrait orientation rather than the landscape. Once you have the letters welded like you want, click on the word until it has the box around it with the adjustment arrows. grab the right middle arrow and stretch across until the length is the length that you want. IF you want it to be wider, click on the middle arrow on the bottom and stretch down. once your happy with it, rotate it 90 degrees using the rotate tool under shape properties. change your mat size to 24" and position your word onto the mat where you want it to cut.

There are fonts that weld together better than others, it just depends on the style and look that you want.Billionare is one and calligraphy is another that comes to mind. Songbird is another. In the text box feature, you can change the font that you want to use by selecting different fonts and the text box that you already have typed will change to whatever font you have selected. It is a good way to see what any font would look like before you buy

Hope this helps

Edited by user Thursday, August 08, 2013 2:56:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified