Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

sfinster9139162b Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 08, 2013 8:11:48 PM(UTC)
sfinster9139162b

Groups: Registered

I purchased a Cricut personal from a friend who had upgraded to a newer model. I have the "George" cartridge and that's it.

I downloaded and installed Craft Room tonight, and I can't do anything in it. Most of the options are greyed out - for instance, on the File pulldown the only active choice is Exit.

I'm running Windows XP with all the latest updates.

Drivers are:
FTDI CDM Driver Package - Bus/D2XX Driver (04/10/2012 2.08.24)
FTDI CDM Driver Package - BCP Driver (04/10/2012 2.08.24)

Ideas?

Edited by user Thursday, August 08, 2013 8:19:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Adding driver info

CricutGena Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 08, 2013 9:35:24 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 998 time(s) in 320 post(s)
Please call customer service at 877-7cricut. We can assist you through customer service.

-Cricut Gena
JoyceG Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, August 09, 2013 10:17:21 AM(UTC)
JoyceG

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 941 time(s) in 611 post(s)
Everything will be grayed out if you are under MY CARTRIDGES. Find ALL CARTRIDGES in the pulldown menu and they all should be dark. IF the george cart you have has already been linked to your friends account, then you wont be able to link it to yours. You will just have to incert the cartrdiges when prompted to. You have to own the cartridge that an image is on to be able to cut it out. So since George is the only cart you have, then that's all you will be able to cut (unless the freebies are showing up).

Joyce
inked4mec6f4583c Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 26, 2013 7:01:36 PM(UTC)
inked4mec6f4583c

I sure wish customer service had responded with written instructions for this fix, not "call us" especially since they are not 24/7. I have a project for work and I was counting on using my cricut but the cartridge I need is only available through digital download so I was finally caving in and going to try the cricut craft room. I've been trying for 5 hours to make it work. All the menu options are greyed out except for log out, exit, shop, and the software info/details. Nothing functional to design, cut, etc. Did anyone out there ever actually find a solution that you could recommend? Waiting for customer service to open up will be to late for me.

Thanks,
CassieCrying