Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
TurtleBug Offline
#31 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 11:32:35 AM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 936 time(s) in 602 post(s)
Hello Ladies,
Hope everyone is enjoying the last few days of Summer! Cold weather will be upon us soon and that means more "indoor time" which will mean more "crafting" time, too!ThumpUp Smile Smile

Dee,

So good to have you back, if only here and there!
#3 - LOVE the color combo and the way you did the sentiment on each square with the 3-D characters. The mix of Polka Dots and floral prints look nice together. Hey, no harm in saving the environment...cute bow, and we know it will last forever and ever, right!LOL LOL

joannorbash
Welcome back, you have been missed!! Congrats on becoming a Grandmother, it is the greatest of ALL joys!! Your new granddaughter is so cute, we have not had a Baby around for a long time and I miss that. My daughter is done having Babies and I don't see my dear Grandchildren in any hurry to make me a Great-Nana...which might be a good thing??LOL Will be looking forward to your cards, soon!

Edited by user Thursday, August 22, 2013 11:34:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DeeScraps Offline
#32 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 1:16:12 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Was thanked: 715 time(s) in 546 post(s)
Thanks Turtlebug. I do think that the cooler weather will mean more crafting time for most people. Right now we are having a thunderstorm, or we would be looking at very high humidity and temps. in the 90s.

I don't remember Joannorbash, but what a cute baby. Enjoy and welcome back.

I'm going to try to post another card. This one is a Christmas card and I believe the color was white on white. It was a fun sketch to follow using the different embossing folders.

TFL

[img=http://][/img]

Kiethann Offline
#33 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 1:28:37 PM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Was thanked: 574 time(s) in 431 post(s)
cemetery stroll Like your cards DeeScraps.

Well took time off from working on other projects to make a card. It is a stretch from sketch 3 but I like it. Also it contains the add colors and the lace for extra credit. Hope the whole card shows up

Gosh darn it! well now it is sideways...but at least you can see the whole card. the gray is not part of the card. my scanner in wonky!

Edited by user Thursday, August 22, 2013 2:25:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: edited photo

DeeScraps Offline
#34 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 1:34:01 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Here is another card from last month. The candle flames are a punch, but I'm not sure what it's called. I've had it for ages, an I think this is the first time I've used it.

TFL, Dee (Is the spellcheck working for anyone?)

Edited by user Thursday, August 22, 2013 1:44:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Wrong photo

Kiethann Offline
#35 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 1:48:45 PM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

so good to see you back Dee. Like the Christmas cards you made. the white on white is unique. Like the flames on your candles on the second card.
BingoLady Offline
#36 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 2:06:18 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 953 time(s) in 641 post(s)
Dee, Both Xmas cards came out nice. Love all the different embossing on
the Xmas tree.

Kiethann, nice Halloween card, good Idea getting ready for the holidays.

So nice to see you both back with your wonderful cards.Cool Cool

Jonnabash, hope to see some of your cards soon. Missed you.

Edited by user Thursday, August 22, 2013 2:08:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DeeScraps Offline
#37 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 2:07:05 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

For some reason I haven't figured out how to keep the message board open and get my photo from FB without having to start all over. Confused Oh well...just need to keep trying.

This card is from last week. I posted it after this week's challenge was up, so I don't think anyone saw it. The stamp is from Sassy Cheryl's stamps and is one I've been wanting for a long time. I grabbed it when she had her sale. It's really cute in person, but the 3-D, embossed and popped effect doesn't show in the photo. I was trying to follow online instructions, but I've never found the silicone glue that they say to use.

Dee

Edited by user Thursday, August 22, 2013 2:14:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: card didn't post

*NanaDonna* Offline
#38 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 4:32:05 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2591 time(s) in 1353 post(s)
WOW what a nice burst of activity, great to see!BigGrin

I finished my sketch #3
Lots of Cuttlebugging and just one Cricut cut the window frame from the new CTMH cartridge Artbooking. The card is all made from pearlized white paper, not sure if you can see behind the tree in the window I embossed using the Winter Houses folder. I cut the window frame 3 times and added some clear acetate behind the front panel. I punched a bunch of branches with my MS brand punch and mounted them on a Christmas tree shape I cut out using CCR basics and added a few red pearls. Then I pop dotted the top window frame over the tree. The seasons greetings in a rub on sticker.
I saw the window and tree idea on Pinterest and when I saw sketch #3 I knew I could make it work together, so I can not take full credit for the idea.

TurtleBug Offline
#39 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 8:39:18 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

DeeScraps
**White-on-White Card -
Very pretty! Love all the assorted embossing with the one simple smooth star on the treetop. Very creative thinking!Smile
**Last Month's Card -
Love this card in just red & white, very clean and sharp! The candle punch is a "must have", what with all the birthday cards we makeLOL! Wish I had one, too. Like the "candy-cane" twine you used.
**Last week's Card -
I did see your card from last week and it is so cute!! Nice work on all the layering. The checkered and Polka Dot patterns work well together and as with anything Mickey...a red, white and black color combo is a MUST!!

Kiethann
#3 in the Ad Colors & Ex. Credit:
Nice, the ACs are perfect for the theme of this card. Like the way the Ghost is peeking behind the thombstone.Scared Scared Like the simple lace with the "Fright Night" printed on the ribbon.

NanaDonna
#3 - WOW!! What a great Christmas card. Pintrest is a great place to get card-making ideas, but our own creative touches are what makes the card more personal. I would put money on your card against the one on Pintrest any day! The tree looks so real and as always your bow is so pretty. Have not seen this border punch before, love that you can run ribbon through it.

Edited by user Thursday, August 22, 2013 8:40:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

LisaW. Offline
#40 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 5:46:08 AM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 102 post(s)
Ladies

Wow....some awesome cards. I will be back. I justed wanted you to know I am still lurking this week. Life just has been in the way this week and my "mojo" is still hiding.

My neice just finished her schooling (Army) and is coming home on leave for 10 days before she goes to Hawaii for 4 years. Of course I just had to clean house. My kids start school next week so hopefully things will get back to normal mode or semi normal mode at least. To stretch myself even further, I am looking at going back to school...my wonderful job of working from home the last 12 years is on its way to disappearing so need to start planning ahead.

Lisa

P.S. Does everybody else still have the silly security image?
BingoLady Offline
#41 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 5:45:14 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

# 3 sketch I hope it fits the sketch.I used Tie The Knot cart
I don't have any lace so I have been using my ribbon.
BingoLady attached the following image(s):
# 3 sketch 061.jpg
Kiethann Offline
#42 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2013 8:26:48 AM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

great card. Love the little white flower ribbon.

I hope to get at least one more card finished and posted before the next challenge starts
*NanaDonna* Offline
#43 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2013 2:02:15 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Happy Saturday everyone, I hope you are all having a great weekend, ours is supposed to be pretty rainy.ThumpUp we love rain in the desert!

Got my cards all done so thought I would try and get caught up on my comments

Turtlebug - thanks again for hosting #1 very very lovely, you used the perfect embossing folder, gosh I don't even have that one. Great papers and your black bow is perfectly tied. #2 I think this is my favorite of yours for the week. Again the choice of embossing folders works perfectly with the gorgeous flower and pretty lace, such a soft pretty card. #4 ????? I think you meant #3 Love how you did your window and created that peaceful lane out your window. Great idea to use the lace for the valance.
CAN'T WAIT FOR THAT "COLD" WEATHER WITH IT BEING 107 OUT I AM READY FOR IT, OF COURSE WE NEVER REALLY GET COLD HERE

Bingolady - darling birthday card, love how you added the border of cupcakes it makes the theme so well. I can't believe you did use your Cuttlebug. What yummy paper #2 there you go there is your embossing, ThumpUp Tongue love that folder. What a cute cut the girl and the guitar, pretty colors, How nice of you to make the card for your granddaughter to give to a friend, what a nice Nana you areWink #3 lovely church card good way to get the window look on there. Pretty ribbon border.

Dee - so nice to see you around again, always enjoy your creations Love how you used the chipboard letters in the squares, very nice interpretation of the sketch, colors are great Love your all white Christmas tree card, perfect way to do it will all the embossing. Adorable candle card, so simple and so perfect, love it. Cute cute cute, love the polka dots and checks, what a cut image.

Joann - YEAH, sure hope you get to create some cards and show us your beautiful work. We missed you

Keithann - love your Halloween card, very intricate gate cut love all the elements you added. Gosh Halloween will be here soon.
*NanaDonna* Offline
#44 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2013 2:06:53 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Originally Posted by: TurtleBug Go to Quoted Post

[color=green]NanaDonna

#3 - WOW!! What a great Christmas card. Pintrest is a great place to get card-making ideas, but our own creative touches are what makes the card more personal. I would put money on your card against the one on Pintrest any day! The tree looks so real and as always your bow is so pretty. Have not seen this border punch before, love that you can run ribbon through it.

It is a new punch I bought a couple of weeks ago. It is a Martha Stewart punch, it has a criss-cross pattern, don't think it was designed for the ribbon to go through it but I decided to give it a try.

Edited by user Saturday, August 24, 2013 2:10:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

*NanaDonna* Offline
#45 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2013 2:14:21 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

I will be hosting the next challenge from Aug 28th - Sept 10th.
I don't think there is anybody lined up after that, any takers???? It is really easy.
LisaW. Offline
#46 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2013 8:24:26 AM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

I will do it unless somebody else wants to jump in.

Lisa
TurtleBug Offline
#47 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2013 3:33:49 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Happy Sunday Everyone!
Just enjoying the day watching the Az Diamondbacks play Baseball. Looks like one of our monsoon storms is a'brewing, hope our electricity doesn't go out, cause then it gets really boring AND hot!

BingoLady
#3 - Nice chapel card.
BingoLady Offline
#48 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2013 12:22:06 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Turtlbug, thankyou for hosting this past two weeks, I fill better so I'm
going to bingo tonight. It is so sad it has been so slow. Your cards and
sketches were wonderful.
I,m ready for the new ones.Cool Cool
*NanaDonna* Offline
#49 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2013 8:29:50 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Originally Posted by: LisaW. Go to Quoted Post
I will do it unless somebody else wants to jump in.

Lisa

Thanks Lisa for hosting those two weeks, nobody else stepped up so I guess it it yours. LOL I will post my sketches sometime Tuesday night.

TurtleBug Offline
#50 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2013 6:31:40 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Hi Everyone!
Would like to thank all the Ladies that participated in the past 2-week Card Sketch Challenge.
There were some really nice cards created these past two weeks. Thanks to NanaDonna for the very nice Ad Color Challenge she provided us with and to those of you that included the Ex. Credit "LACE" challenge on your cards.
Let's all go and check out the sketches and challenges NanaDonna has in store for us for the coming two weeks ahead!
Happy Crafting!
TurtleBug

Edited by user Tuesday, August 27, 2013 6:35:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

*NanaDonna* Offline
#51 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2013 8:02:47 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Thanks Turtlebug for hosting this past couple of weeks and providing us the awesome sketches. Fabulous cards posted this challenge.

For all those chopping at the bit ha ha ha ha haBigGrin ThumpUp Laugh I will post the new challenge within the next hour.
LisaW. Offline
#52 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2013 8:25:34 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Hello ladies

First all...I would like to give a BIG APOLOGY to TurtleBug for not getting your wonderful sketches done. Many times I went to my paper stashes but just could not get the ideas flowing. When I host in a couple weeks, as I already have my samples ready, I will come back to these sketches and by then my "mojo" better be back.

NanaDonna: Thank you for the colors...they are on my "to do list." Sketch #1 is very pretty and that "watercolor" stamp is awesome. Beautiful colors together and love the lace. STunning sketch #2 with the ad colors...I don't have lace either but what a perfect punch to make lace with. Wow...your Christmas card is absolutely stunning. I really like the punch you used and the ribbon in it is pretty.

Turtlebug: Sketch #1 is very pretty with that embossing folder and love your pink striped paper and accented with the black is wonderful. Sketch #2 is gorgeous with the purple and white. Your signature "embossing" is perfect. Sketch #4 is beautiful and love how yoou used a calendar page behind your frames and the lace is such a nice touch.

BingoLady: Sweet birthday card on sketch #1...what cartridge is the cupcakes? Is it a border...I think doodlecharms has the border option. I have a little left of the same paper...I have used it lots:) Great job on the "rock princess." Very nice sketch #3...pretty background paper and the flowers are a nice touch.

DeeScraps: Beautiful HB2U card and love that color combination. Love how you incorporated your "saved" item. Gorgeous white on white with the christmas and awesome using all the different embossing folders. Absolutely love the different candle punches and the bakers twine is perfect. Cute happy birthday with the different patterns of checks and dots in the red/block combo.

Kiethann: Wonderful halloween card in the ad colors. It should be starting to turn fall here pretty quick (kids are back to school now) but seems like this heat just doesn't want to go away.

Joannorbash: Beautiful baby and hope you will be back to join us.
Kiethann Offline
#53 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2013 8:17:38 AM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Hope to make at least one more card. It has been a challenge for me since dh has kept me very busy outdoors helping him in the yard. Do I post the card or cards here or just post them on the next challenge with a note that they are from last time'c challenge?
TurtleBug Offline
#54 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2013 10:46:52 AM(UTC)
TurtleBug

LisaW.
No need to apologize, we do what we can when we can! Nice if you do find your mojo and are able to get caught up. Please do post and share them with us.
Lisa, I believe it was you that asked earlier last week if we were all still having to use the security code...yes, the darn thing will just not go away!ThumbDown

Kiethann,
Usually, when we do past sketches, we post them on the current challenge of the week. If possible mention the week/person's challenge to remind us of the sketches, since most of us don't go back to view past challenges. This way everyone can oooh and aaaah over your creations!Smile

Edited by user Wednesday, August 28, 2013 10:48:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified