Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Scrappin*Fun Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2013 11:34:24 AM(UTC)
Scrappin*Fun

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I found this video on YouTube and I love the idea, but I don't have the ornament punch.
I'm not as advanced in card making as most of you; so I was wondering if someone could help me adapt this idea to using my cricut to cut out the ornament?
I know how to use a small piece of paper and adjust the cricut to where I want it to cut, but I would like to do more than just 1 at a time, but not sure how to set that up on my cricut without wasting a lot of paper.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ8tjleoLYY
CricketCMV Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2013 7:16:56 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 8313 time(s) in 4909 post(s)
Find a rectangle from the images you own and place it on the mat.
If there is a SHADOW to that rectangle, place the shadow on the mat, also.

SIZE the two rectangles together (you should have RELATIVE DIAL set...that's at the bottom of the images screen in CCR, before you place anything on the mat. SIZE them exactly to the size you want them.

A lot of times, when I'm sizing something, I lay the upper left corner (move it) on an inch line so I can pull out the image/s to the exact sizing I want. After I have the sizing where I want it, I then go ahead and move everything around where I want it.

In this case, I would move the smaller rectangle to the upper left hand corner of the mat.

Now, pick out the ornament shape you want to cut out of that smaller rectangle.

Click on the ornament and move it over exactly where you want it to cut out on that smaller rectangle. Weld and GROUP the ornament to the rectangle. Now, the ornament should cut when you hit CUT.

If you want to cut the patterned ornament out on the CRICUT machine, merely copy/paste the ornament (the size you have it on mat layer one) and ADD a mat layer (hit the plus sign at the top of CCR screen). With both eyes on the mat layers on GREEN, copy the ornament from the first mat layer, turn off the green eye on mat layer one and click on the wording next to the eye on mat layer two until it turns white. Now, when you PASTE, the ornament should paste to mat layer two.

Turn off the first mat layer's green eye (click on the eye until the green goes away). Now you can see the ornament on mat layer two. You'll want to resize it a little bigger than the one on mat layer one. You should be able to get the handles around the image and pull it out at the bottom right corner to make it a little bigger.

Now, when you hit CUT, make sure it's on the second mat layer before you hit the final CUT option and your patterned ornament will automatically cut for you.

Now you can put it together the way it's show in the video.

Hope that wasn't too hard to follow. Good luck. Show us your finished project?

Char
JoyceG Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2013 7:57:48 PM(UTC)
JoyceG

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 942 time(s) in 611 post(s)
do you use CCR?
scrapalette Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2013 10:04:26 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19164 time(s) in 8571 post(s)
Using only your Cricut, you'll have to move the blade to the place you want the ornament to cut each time. A little tedious, but it can be easily done if you mark a big piece of card stock with several guidelines and then just position the blade and cut one, move the blade and repeat cut. And, if you plan with the backside of the paper facing up and draw your guidelines, you don't even have to erase your guidelines.

If you want to use CCR {hey, it's free so why not give it a go}, you can either place the ornament all over the mat in the position you want it, cut the ornaments and then use your paper cutter to cut the paper into rectangles. This will give you less paper waste because the Cricut cannot cut the full size of the mat.

Or, you can place a rectangle the size you need for your card topper and place the ornament where you want it. . .but you do not weld them. Welding would only make a difference if the edge of the ornament touched the edge of the rectangle and that would make the ornament become part of the rectangle and it won't cut. You can then select both images and copy and paste them as many times as will fit on the mat, or group them and copy and paste them as many times as will fit on the mat.

Edited by user Saturday, August 17, 2013 10:14:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

scrapalette attached the following image(s):
a1test.jpg