Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

11 Pages<12345>»
JeanP Offline
#61 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 8:46:39 AM(UTC)
JeanP

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1002 time(s) in 806 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ScrappinGwen Go to Quoted Post
Here's an afterthought about the treat bags:

I'm sure there will be some items that are maybe just too bulky to slide into a little treat bag or even a sandwich sized baggie....but you can certainly get creative with other bags or ways to present the item to your SS.

You can just wrap it in tissue paper or you could use a smaller gift bag or a lunch bag that you embellish or decorate with something Halloween themed, like stickers or a diecut or a Halloween border punch, etc. Or you might want to alter a little wooden coffin to use as the treat holder!

maybe a skeleton hand will hold the treat...

I'm sure there are all kinds of ideas out there in the dollar stores or general stores to help you out should your item not fit into a small treat bag!

And it's perfectly fine to think outside the box. Just remember it's all about sending a little bit of Halloween fun to your SS.

And I do hope you all will create some of the items using your Halloween themed crafting supplies, diecuts, stamps, etc. Creating and altering is so much fun!

Goody!!!! I looked thru my list of ideas and realized some of them wouldn't fit in those little bags!!!! Paper bags might be good for them.

Caffinee Offline
#62 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 11:30:58 AM(UTC)
Caffinee

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 1277 time(s) in 718 post(s)
Here's an afterthought about the treat bags:

I'm sure there will be some items that are maybe just too bulky to slide into a little treat bag or even a sandwich sized baggie....but you can certainly get creative with other bags or ways to present the item to your SS.

You can just wrap it in tissue paper or you could use a smaller gift bag or a lunch bag that you embellish or decorate with something Halloween themed, like stickers or a diecut or a Halloween border punch, etc. Or you might want to alter a little wooden coffin to use as the treat holder!

maybe a skeleton hand will hold the treat...

I'm sure there are all kinds of ideas out there in the dollar stores or general stores to help you out should your item not fit into a small treat bag!

And it's perfectly fine to think outside the box. Just remember it's all about sending a little bit of Halloween fun to your SS.

And I do hope you all will create some of the items using your Halloween themed crafting supplies, diecuts, stamps, etc. Creating and altering is so much fun!

Cool! I was going through the list last night and have some ideas for my partner - I super excited play around with some ideas :)

beetlebugmart Offline
#63 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 7:37:32 PM(UTC)
beetlebugmart

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 207 time(s) in 137 post(s)
My MQ is now posted! Page 16, post #467
Scrapin*Creations Offline
#64 Posted : Sunday, September 01, 2013 3:22:44 PM(UTC)
Scrapin*Creations

Was thanked: 177 time(s) in 114 post(s)
Waving Hi to both SS's...

I just updated my MQ. Gathering ideas. I need to go thru my Halloween stash to see if I need to get more ... will be going into town later this week. I can't believe I haven't been to Michaels or Joanns since the summer swap that Gwynne hosted.

amylendall Offline
#65 Posted : Monday, September 02, 2013 4:25:40 PM(UTC)
amylendall

Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 71 post(s)
I survived a weekend of camping with my mother! fortunately I didn't have to kill her or think about it! came home to find my partner! yay now to do some planning thinking!
ScrappinGwen Offline
#66 Posted : Monday, September 02, 2013 4:45:48 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Was thanked: 863 time(s) in 672 post(s)
I was bored yesterday cuz it's too dang humid to do anything that might make me work up a sweat, like cleaning house....so I went to town and stopped at M's, Target, Dollar Store and J's. I found some ideas in the Halloween section at M's and J's that may help with some altering ideas or some verse ideas....but nothing really at all in the actual scrapbooking section.

Dollar store had maybe 5 Halloween items on display and Target had nada! Guess they need to clear out their back to school supplies this week. So I think I went a week too early to look for ideas.

Then today DH and I went out for afternoon and had dinner at same plaze where ACM is...so I ran in there real quick to check out their stuff. I lucked out there and found 2 things I was seeking yesterday. And the one item was on clearance for a dollar! lol So I was a happy gal and so glad I had chance to stop in there.

So I think I have a good mental picture of how I want to do up my treats for my SS! Just need to sit down and start crafting.

We've had some wicked t-storms this weekend each day! Just torrents of rain, but last night we lost power cuz of storm. The claps of thunder sounded like it was right in bed with us! It was just so loud! Lost electric too for the night. Suppose to get another storm this evening....

I'm so ready for just nice weather, no humidity.
JeanP Offline
#67 Posted : Monday, September 02, 2013 5:09:20 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Originally Posted by: Scrapin*Creations Go to Quoted Post
Waving Hi to both SS's...

I just updated my MQ. Gathering ideas. I need to go thru my Halloween stash to see if I need to get more ... will be going into town later this week. I can't believe I haven't been to Michaels or Joanns since the summer swap that Gwynne hosted.

I don't do a lot of Halloween but I found enough stuff in my craftroom!!!!
Other than buying a couple small things, I will use my stash for this swap!!!I have enough for a store anywayLOL LOL

planlady19 Offline
#68 Posted : Monday, September 02, 2013 6:19:01 PM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

Was thanked: 286 time(s) in 268 post(s)
I am going "shopping" in my room first and then decide what I need.. Which is probably nothing..

I have had family visit all weekend.. This is very very strange for me as they have not spoke to me in two years and then they all decided to come to my house this weekend. I am wondering if the full moon is out or what is going on..

I had wonderful plans to play this weekend and they were blown out of the water.. So i am going o get my things together tomorrow night and decide which way to go..

I think I am going to lock my doors..I am still trying to figure out if this was a good thing or they know something I don't and need someone to blame when all goes to pot..LOL LOL

Terri
Lady King Offline
#69 Posted : Monday, September 02, 2013 6:47:45 PM(UTC)
Lady King

Was thanked: 66 time(s) in 58 post(s)
The holiday weekend went so fast. I enjoyed a quiet weekend with the hubby. I was also able to sit down and plan out what I wanted to do for my partner in this swap. I must admit I am a bit nervous with this being my first swap I don't want to let my partner down with anything that I make.
CricutCrazy Offline
#70 Posted : Monday, September 02, 2013 8:11:29 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Was thanked: 1099 time(s) in 807 post(s)
Happy Labor Day Evening to All !

I have already put together 3 awesome items for my partner....I think she will like them - this swap is going to be stress-less for me - THANKS Gwynne !!Love
bklynborn Offline
#71 Posted : Tuesday, September 03, 2013 4:37:08 AM(UTC)
bklynborn

United States

Was thanked: 143 time(s) in 136 post(s)
good morning to all my spooky friendsBigGrin

you ladies are so ahead of me. so this week I will put on the thinking cap and do some thinking. my house is decorated for fall thanks to terri. now I have to get into the Halloween mood.

lady king. welcome to the swap.. everyone has a first time. do your best and have fun.

hello to both of my partners. have a crafty day.

bb
ScrappinGwen Offline
#72 Posted : Tuesday, September 03, 2013 5:21:13 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Originally Posted by: Lady King Go to Quoted Post
The holiday weekend went so fast. I enjoyed a quiet weekend with the hubby. I was also able to sit down and plan out what I wanted to do for my partner in this swap. I must admit I am a bit nervous with this being my first swap I don't want to let my partner down with anything that I make.

Just have fun and enjoy the process! We all realize there are different levels of experience here and it is a learning experience, for sure! The more you do, the better your mind gets at coming up with ideas. As long as you enjoy Halloween, it should be fairly simple for everyone. And don't let the questions limit your thinking. They were just some questions that first came to mind to give us all a little bit of a jump start.

You'll learn from your first swap and then your goal will be to improve a little bit more with each swap. Study what you receive or study pictures that will get posted and look for little tips and tricks that will help you do better next time.

There is nothing wrong with creating simply....but what is wrong is sending items that are not securely glued down, or have horrid ragged edges or very obvious crooked lines, sloppy work, dried glue showing.

And we always preach here to take the time to shade the edges of your diecuts with ink or chalk, etc. It will add so much more character to your diecut and make it "pop". Give it dimension.

There may be many different reasons why we each choose to swap, but I do feel that we are all here to learn from each other. What one person has troubles with, the next person may be a natural at it....so by showing each other examples over and over, we soon receive items to study and learn from, copy, etc. It's a great sharing process and a great learning experience for us all.

Plus you make friends along the way too!

JeanP Offline
#73 Posted : Tuesday, September 03, 2013 8:32:38 AM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Just have fun and enjoy the process! We all realize there are different levels of experience here and it is a learning experience, for sure! The more you do, the better your mind gets at coming up with ideas. As long as you enjoy Halloween, it should be fairly simple for everyone. And don't let the questions limit your thinking. They were just some questions that first came to mind to give us all a little bit of a jump start.

You'll learn from your first swap and then your goal will be to improve a little bit more with each swap. Study what you receive or study pictures that will get posted and look for little tips and tricks that will help you do better next time.

There is nothing wrong with creating simply....but what is wrong is sending items that are not securely glued down, or have horrid ragged edges or very obvious crooked lines, sloppy work, dried glue showing.

And we always preach here to take the time to shade the edges of your diecuts with ink or chalk, etc. It will add so much more character to your diecut and make it "pop". Give it dimension.

There may be many different reasons why we each choose to swap, but I do feel that we are all here to learn from each other. What one person has troubles with, the next person may be a natural at it....so by showing each other examples over and over, we soon receive items to study and learn from, copy, etc. It's a great sharing process and a great learning experience for us all.

Plus you make friends along the way too!

Exactly. I agree 100%.

I have 1 item finished but not sure what word to use as it could go for 2 or 3 different onesLOL
Kiethann Offline
#74 Posted : Tuesday, September 03, 2013 3:10:26 PM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States
Location: master questionair page 16 post 465 new MQ page 1 post 6

Was thanked: 809 time(s) in 619 post(s)
Checked my stash last night...sigh not much there. So today I printed out some coupons, trip to dr's office and then did some oohing and awing and choosing some items for my secret sister. Now to just get everything to come together.
CandyHazzard Offline
#75 Posted : Tuesday, September 03, 2013 3:48:44 PM(UTC)
CandyHazzard

Canada

Was thanked: 191 time(s) in 171 post(s)
I got a couple of things from my stash ... made one little thing ... started another BigGrin
Caffinee Offline
#76 Posted : Tuesday, September 03, 2013 6:51:44 PM(UTC)
Caffinee

United States

Was thanked: 1277 time(s) in 718 post(s)
I have so much Halloween stuff so did some "shopping" in my craftroom and was able to find a few things... planning on altering a couple of things. have fun with this one BigGrin
beetlebugmart Offline
#77 Posted : Tuesday, September 03, 2013 10:01:52 PM(UTC)
beetlebugmart

United States

Was thanked: 207 time(s) in 137 post(s)
Let's have some more questions! As of right now, I am kind of lost as to any ideas!Laugh

Hannah
ScrappinGwen Offline
#78 Posted : Wednesday, September 04, 2013 6:19:44 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Here's some ideas that come to my mind to help you out...

Happy Halloween!

Cards that say Happy Halloween on the front; a little plaque that says Happy Halloween; or a little gift bag that says Happy Halloween and is filled with a treat from your partner's wishlist.

Potions - a witch stirring a black kettle of brew...cricut diecuts, card fronts, etc.
- apothecary jars - Tim Holtz has them in dies and stamps, I found $1 stamps at Joann's last weekend of apothecary jars, I have paper that has apothecary jars printed on the paper, glossy accents painted on the jar will give it a glass appearance and be realistic looking

Or I also think of potions as bottles of glimmer mist or other sprays, for a bought item idea

Pumpkins - lots of diecut selections on different cricut cartridges; or Cuttlebug, or Tim Holtz or Sizzix and other companies have pumpkin dies; lots of pumpkin stamps; lots of scrapbook paper with pumpkins printed on the paper. Use the paper to make something or alter a little box to hold a little treat; or in the wood section you can find pumpkin wooden boxes to paint or cover with scrapbook paper and decorate to hold a little treat for your SS

Grunge - probably not so easy for a beginner unless your style is already grunge. but so much of the more scarey, freaky, gorey Halloween scenes tend to be grungy looking, like the black of night, and hanging cobwebs, and dripping blood. Grunge is the crafting style but for Halloween theme it's probably easier to say "creepy looking" instead

Grunge is also rather popular right now amongst design team crafters, all kinds of grunge stamps being sold right now or using the masks to spray or paint on grungy looking backgrounds

Steampunk - research online and you will find examples of steampunk and Halloween

Or, this may be one of those options where you don't want to do Halloween theme but treat your SS to some steampunk supplies, like a packet of Tim Holtz gears which fit nicely inside a Halloween treat bag!

Black black cat, black witch hat, black embellies, black inks or sprays or buttons or lace or ribbon or pens, markers

Orange orange pumpkins, orange Halloween items, orange pumpkin peeps or candy

Best Witches! Could go with witch theme, obviously. Card front could have this saying on it.

Candy, sweets or treats self explanatory

Masks - diecuts of kids with masks on (paperdoll dressup cartridge), mardi gras masks are popular in the Halloween aisles at the craft stores this year too.

Or a buy product would be the stencil masks that are very popular right now to use your glimmer mist to spray on a design or use molding paste to paint on a design.

Scaredy cat! Obviously a Halloween cat comes to mind here. From diecuts, to stamps, to paper

From Lay outs, to cards, to altered items or plaques

Boos & hisses! Ghosts or other scarey Halloween creatures

Beary Scary Halloween! Obviously bears as in teddy bears (teddy bear parade cartridge)

Make 3 witches! Obviously witch theme comes to mind here But you could buy 3 items from your SS's wishlist to give here 3 wishes (witches)

No Tricks…Just Treats!! Here again a bought item comes to mind as you are giving her a treat;

but also it could be a diecut of a treat bag or a kid in costume holding a treatbag or non-Halloween other type of bag

Spooktacular! spooky anything or ghosts or use it as a replacement word for the word awesome!!

I took the time to wander up and down the aisles at the craft stores and other stores just looking at their Halloween decorations and ideas. No, I'm not going to buy the Halloween item that cost $20 for my SS to put on her shelf....but chances are I can go home and scraplift the idea and alter something similar for just a couple of dollars. It probably depends on your crafting skills on how easy you find that to do.

I also just looked for verses that I liked. I used my phone to take pics of each item...or just jot it down on paper and shove in your purse

Then go home and see what you can come up with.

Look to see if you own a Halloween punch or die that your SS does not own so you could diecut or punch her some strips. Especially if she does cards or LOs.

It's only 6 treat bags....and you are just trying to supply your SS with some fun, or creepy or scarey items for Halloween or treat her with something that is not Halloween themed.

Like your SS mentions that she loves the ticket strips that gals have been altering in swaps. But she doesn't own the die. Then diecut her 10 or 12 strips so she has them to join the next time a ticket strip swap opens up. Now wouldn't that be the perfect "treat" to give your SS?

Look to see if you can share something with her that you own and that she does not....it costs nothing but a sheet or two of paper to diecut her different things. Or Cuttlebug panels....

Or make up a little treat baggie filled with some goodies from your stash...lengths of ribbon, buttons, brads, etc.

I hope this helps you, Beetlebug! lol I may not have given you exact ideas on what to create but I hope I steered you in directions that will help you come up with the exact idea or item to put in the treat bag.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 04, 2013 6:21:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users thanked ScrappinGwen for this useful post.
sharlenescrafts on 9/4/2013(UTC), scrappin'momma on 9/4/2013(UTC), amylendall on 9/4/2013(UTC)
planlady19 Offline
#79 Posted : Wednesday, September 04, 2013 3:32:02 PM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

Was thanked: 286 time(s) in 268 post(s)
been collecting little bottles from the recycling truck to use as potion bottles..LOL LOL

It is amazing what your mind can think of when going through different bottles and boxes.

Off to get some crafting done.

Terri
Lady King Offline
#80 Posted : Wednesday, September 04, 2013 5:30:01 PM(UTC)
Lady King

Thank you for the advice.
JeanP Offline
#81 Posted : Thursday, September 05, 2013 6:48:08 AM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

After looking at my partner's answers and MQ, I decide what I want to make/buy for her.

THEN I try and figure out what word it goes withLOL LOL LOL
sharlenescrafts Offline
#82 Posted : Thursday, September 05, 2013 8:11:46 AM(UTC)
sharlenescrafts

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Good Morning to All,

JCI, hope everyone is having a great week. Wanted to say hi and say I finally filled out my MQ!!

Happy Scrappin!

Sharlene
Jrcreate Offline
#83 Posted : Thursday, September 05, 2013 10:43:24 AM(UTC)
Jrcreate

United States

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 143 post(s)
The suggestions are great from you experienced ladies! I really appreciate them. Went to Target yesterday and found some awesome items for my sister! Have a great week everyone!
Jeanene
scrappin'momma Offline
#84 Posted : Friday, September 06, 2013 9:07:40 AM(UTC)
scrappin'momma

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Just checking in ladies! I cannot wait to start shopping for this one!
bklynborn Offline
#85 Posted : Friday, September 06, 2013 10:22:26 AM(UTC)
bklynborn

United States

Was thanked: 143 time(s) in 136 post(s)
hope everyone has a crafty weekend.

bb
Kiethann Offline
#86 Posted : Saturday, September 07, 2013 12:05:34 PM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States
Location: master questionair page 16 post 465 new MQ page 1 post 6

Was thanked: 809 time(s) in 619 post(s)
JCI my projects are coming along nicely. Redid one because I found other items to add to it! May have to go to a different size box by the time I finish all six items. Having lots of fun. Hope all others are also.
JeanP Offline
#87 Posted : Saturday, September 07, 2013 4:41:44 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

2 completed & 1 partially finishedBigGrin
Lady King Offline
#88 Posted : Sunday, September 08, 2013 5:14:31 PM(UTC)
Lady King

Just checking in I had an amazing weekend. Today is my Birthday so my husband took me on a surprise craft shopping spree at 3 of my favorite stores Joanns, Michael's and AC Moore. I was like a kid in a candy store and I was able to pick up some goodies for my partner. Enjoy the rest of your night.
ScrappinGwen Offline
#89 Posted : Monday, September 09, 2013 5:34:49 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Happy belated bday LadyKing!

I think I had more of a lazy weekend. No crafting although I did start to clean up my craftroom so I can get started on this swap!

We have HOT weather returning tomorrow! Good grief! I was kinda hoping to be done with AC and just enjoy nice, sunny, pleasant days in September with no humidity! Crazy weather! But I guess 90 is better then below freezing! lol
ScrappinGwen Offline
#90 Posted : Monday, September 09, 2013 5:38:17 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

As for check-ins:

I've pretty much noticed everyone in this swap either posting here or on other thread, or have sent me PMs....so I know everyone is still around! lol

So I just am asking everyone to check in by end of this coming weekend please.

Thanks!