Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

brown7717d51f0251 Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2013 1:03:12 PM(UTC)
brown7717d51f0251

Groups: Registered

So i am trying to plan my daughters b day party and debating on getting this machine. Everything I am trying to do requires a ton of cutting. I just don't fully understand the machine. Could someone explaint heir thoughts and suggestions??
TammyPuckett Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2013 1:10:32 PM(UTC)
TammyPuckett

Was thanked: 335 time(s) in 195 post(s)
In my opinion the Expression is the most versatile Cricut out there! You can use a 12 x 12 mat or a 12 x 24 mat. You do need to understand that you have to have a cartridge to cut with the Cricut. It will not cut images that you download. The Expression usually comes with Plantin Schoolbook which is a good cartridge & if you use the CCR you have some free images to cut with on there. There are lots of people who purchase Cricuts thinking they can download images & cut them, but this machine does not do that!

1 user thanked TammyPuckett for this useful post.
brown7717d51f0251 on 8/27/2013(UTC)
Nadia withglitteringeyes.blogspot.com Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2013 1:26:51 PM(UTC)
Nadia withglitteringeyes.blogspot.com

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 12570 time(s) in 5048 post(s)
I have used my Cricut on all of my kiddo's parties since 2006. The thing is, you need to figure out what you want to make and then see if there are cartridges to use to do it. The Cricut needs a cartridge to supply the cut shapes.

For instance, if you are wanting to do a banner, great! There are tons of banner cuts!! If you want to make a giant Olivia the Pig, not so great because there isn't an Olivia cut.

Here's a link to a Tangled party I did. There is no Tangled cart, but I used the internet to find my images and my cricut to cut bases, banners, etc. http://www.withglitteringeyes.b...gled-birthday-party.html

If you do want to do a theme party and find that a cart exists for that theme, just make sure it is still available and at a price you are willing to pay then go for it!
brown7717d51f0251 Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2013 1:38:50 PM(UTC)
brown7717d51f0251

OMG!! You did all that for the party?? Wow you must be very crafty, I can't even imagine! Although I would love to be able to do all that. Im doing a minnie themed party so I figured thats easy enough but everything that I love is a sick amount of cutting and detailed. Just thought making the investment could be worth it. I have 4 girls so I would imagine I'd get my moneys worth but I am not very crafty. I am wondering if this is just to much for me :-(
Maxluv Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2013 1:47:05 PM(UTC)
Maxluv

United States

Was thanked: 480 time(s) in 367 post(s)
And Cricut.com is having a sale on that Mickey cart for $27.99 then 5% off so its like $26.60. But its only for today and only for a few more hours.
Nadia withglitteringeyes.blogspot.com Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2013 6:26:56 PM(UTC)
Nadia withglitteringeyes.blogspot.com

United States

Was thanked: 12570 time(s) in 5048 post(s)
Maxluv hit it the nail on the head-- get that cart. You don't really have to be intentionally crafty. The cart has the artwork and you just select size and POOF! Craftiness! LOL!

The machine does all the cutting so no worries there. :)

Edited by user Tuesday, August 27, 2013 6:30:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

deleted Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2013 6:40:18 PM(UTC)
deleted

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 54 post(s)
Do your research so that you are happy with your machine.

Know that you can only cut with fonts and designs that are available from Cricut - they have TONS - but you must purchase each cartridge or digital design group to use them.

There are other cutters on the market that do not require the purchase of cartridges...

Just do your research on the brands to make sure you are getting what fits your needs.

There is old info out there that makes it look like a Cricut can cut your own designs and fonts - this is no longer the case.

Just be an informed buyer! :)