Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
*NanaDonna* Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2013 9:06:27 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2591 time(s) in 1353 post(s)
Well it is time for the next challenge, and since it is midnight on the east cost I am going to go ahead and post the sketches for this 2 week challenge.

For all those taking a peak, please join us, no real rules just have fun. Each challenge we provide sketches for you to draw inspiration from, you can twist them, turn them, flip them whatever suits your fancy. Just have fun, but beware it can be addicting.

Since this is a two week challenge I thought I would give you 4 sketches to work on, you can do one,two three or all four whatever life permits you, you can even do 2 of each sketch LOLLaugh Laugh .

Sketch #1

Sketch #2 This one can be a lot of fun, but I have an idea of what you will interpret as BigGrin can't wait to see if I am right.

Sketch #3

And finally sketch #4, just a note on this sketch, notice that the panel going from top to bottom goes between the two ovals, I think this makes a big difference in how it looks. Personally I love this sketch and of course matting always makes your cards stand out.

For the extra credit this challenge (optional, just to challenge you a little moreBigGrin ) Make a male card. Extra credit #2 stamp an image and color it, let's see some of that awesome coloring.
So come on let's see some fabulous creations, I can't wait to see what you come up with.
 2 users thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
scrap_hag on 8/27/2013(UTC), Tina M on 8/28/2013(UTC)
*NanaDonna* Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2013 9:09:26 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Each challenge we also offer an Ad Color combination for additional inspiration.

This week the colors are NAVY BLUE - WHITE - and CORAL/ORANGE/TERRA COTTA, since all computer screens show color different the last color is however you see it.

*NanaDonna* Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2013 9:25:02 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Here is my #1 sample.
Paper is CTMH Bumble & Buzz paper pack and the bee is a matching sticker.
The sentiment and bee trail are from the Bumble & Buzz stamps set.
I cut the center shape using CTMH Art Philosophy and CCR, Using CCR I cut the edges of the center panel to match the middle section cut out.
Added some bakers twine. TFL
JanisD on 9/1/2013(UTC), Pampered on 9/6/2013(UTC)
*NanaDonna* Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2013 9:34:02 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Sketch #2 sample
Once I saw this sketch I knew I had to use it, to use my embellishments from the CTMH Surf's Up embellishment pack. The wind pennant thing is from that pack. The back I used my Cuttlebug and on some Co-ordinations cardstock and then sanded it. There is tiny hear shaped button at the bottom that I put some fiber thread through. The cone shape I cut using CCR and George Basics that I stretchered out, then piece behind the cone cut out of vellum. Happy birthday is stamped and heat embossed on vellum

*NanaDonna* Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2013 9:44:31 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Sketch #3 sample
All the papers are from the CTMH Tommy paper pack. The anchor and "adveture" banner are from the coordinating Tommy canvas sticker collection.
Center label and large banner are both cut from the Art Philosophy cartridge. I embossed the back red panel. Happy birthday cut from MS All Occasion cartridge. Did some faux stiching around the edge of the card.

*NanaDonna* Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2013 9:53:37 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Sketch #4 sample.
Extra Credit male card and stamped image from CTMH Happy Campers set colored using Copic markers. I stamped the bear and tent separate then masked them (or covered them up and stamped the trees in the background. I stamped the bear a second time and cut it out and pop dotted it over the top of the other one.
Plaid background paper is from an Outdoor stack I have. Mated it with purple, then matted the panel with turquoise to pick up the colors. Ovals cut using CCR and Craft Room Basics.

1 user thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
Pampered on 9/6/2013(UTC)
*NanaDonna* Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2013 8:24:32 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Since I had all my sketch samples done before I picked out the colors I made another sketch #3 using the ad colors.

All the papers are from the CTMH Claire paper pack. Banners cut from Art Philosophy using CCR to adjust the sizes and to make shadow cuts for them.
Butterfly is a Claire canvas sticker. The flower behind the sentiment is one I cut from a sheet of paper. The small flower I also cut out and covered it with Liquid Glass.

Pampered on 9/6/2013(UTC)
BingoLady Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2013 9:51:42 AM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 953 time(s) in 641 post(s)
Donna, Wow, what awesome cards, like all the decor and the colors.
Thankyou for hosting. Great sketches.Cool Cool
Kiethann Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2013 12:47:14 PM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Was thanked: 575 time(s) in 432 post(s)
Thank you very much for the sketches and the extra credit. Love the add colors also. can hardly wait to start creating. hope to finish one or two cards plus the two others from the last challenge before the end of the week.
BingoLady Offline
#10 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2013 1:23:55 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

My # 1 sketch, I used Straight from the nest cart.
BingoLady attached the following image(s):
# 1 sketch 091.jpg
 1 user thanked BingoLady for this useful post.
JanisD on 9/1/2013(UTC)
*NanaDonna* Offline
#11 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2013 2:39:32 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Bingolady - wow that was fast and boy you hit that sketch right on!!
So cute, great birds and matching paper. I love that cartridge
Mary R. Offline
#12 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2013 3:25:14 PM(UTC)
Mary R.

United States

Was thanked: 497 time(s) in 349 post(s)
WOWSA Donna, all your cards are awesomeBigGrin. After viewing the sketches, thought I'd join in & do one or two cards but then I saw your cardsThumpUp ... so now, no go Blushing. You all do lovely work. TFS, Mary R.
TurtleBug Offline
#13 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2013 3:42:28 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Was thanked: 937 time(s) in 603 post(s)
NanaDonna,
Thanks so much for Hosting these next to weeks. Like the Ex. Credit, too, seems like I never have a good variety of male cards on hand, now the stamping and coloring are a BIG challenge for me, as I am not good at either, but thanks for making me challenge myself and will give it a try! Loving the Ad Color Challenge, love the deep tone colors....hey, they make a great male card color-combo!LOL LOL
*NanaDonna* Offline
#14 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2013 3:58:27 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Originally Posted by: Mary R. Go to Quoted Post
WOWSA Donna, all your cards are awesomeBigGrin. After viewing the sketches, thought I'd join in & do one or two cards but then I saw your cardsThumpUp ... so now, no go Blushing. You all do lovely work. TFS, Mary R.

Oh Mary you should not feel that way. We all have to start somewhere and believe me when I first started making my cards they were not like they are now. And I will tell you something else, I feel my cards have improved 110% since I started doing this challenge a couple of years ago. Overall I have been making cards for 17+ years.

Please join us there is a big mix of ladies here and we all help and inspire each other. If you want to improve your card making or learn new techniques or make you jump out of your comfort zone this is the place to do it and we just love to see creations and don't judge or compare.

Thank you thank you for your compliment and kind words but please don't let that scare you away. Give it a try

Hugs
Donna

TurtleBug Offline
#15 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2013 4:21:39 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

NanaDonna
#1 - My favorite of all!! You think it's the yellow?? It is so pretty and all so well coordinated with the flighty Bee and matching papers. LOVE, LOVE the frame, the bold yellow (gold) matting really makes it pop! Love the whole package!!
#2 - Oh so cute!! The sketch does resemble a pinwheel and you did a great job interpreting the whole sketch. Like the added faux stitching, and don't think I would have liked a Light Blue and Orange combo, but on here it works very well.
#3 - Another card with an awesome color-combo, patterns and assorted embossing. Love all the matting and the corners of the HB'day panel. Like the anchor and matching pattern paper, now it could only be for one of two people, right!??Laugh Great card!!
#4 & Ex. Credit - Wow, 2 for 1...and what a cutie it is!! LOVE the stamp and you did some very nice coloring on it. Bet the popping of the Bear makes a big difference in person, perfect male card, he looks so dawg-gone happy!!!LOL
Ad Color Card - Very pretty, like the orange embossing folder and matching Butterfly and floral paper. The Butterfly on canvas paper looks awesome....I wanted to comment on the floral paper you used on Card #2, but was not quite sure on how to explain to you how it appeared to me...it looks just like canvas paper, also! Am I right!?

ALL YOUR CARDS ARE ESPECIALLY INCREDIBLE THIS WEEK!!!

Edited by user Wednesday, August 28, 2013 5:16:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TurtleBug Offline
#16 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2013 5:10:17 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Hi Ladies!
As soon as I saw Sketch #2 I saw a big one-scoop ice cream cone and here is what evolved from the sketch...OH! by the way, did I mention that my all-time favorite dessert is...you guessed it...ICE CREAM!!Laugh Laugh

My Sketch Card #2:

Ice Cream Cone - I used the Indie Art cartridge, which is free on Cricut Craft Room and I sized it on CCR for use on this card.

Chevron Border - Recollections Punch by Michael's, which I used on the bottom white panel of vellum under the cone.

Sentiment - CTMH acrylic stamp from the "Just a Number" Occasions collection.

Embossing - Cuttlebug "Swirls" folder

Corners - Fiskar Corner Punch

Pattern Paper - Recollections "All Seasons" stack

Added green Stickles, a pink button and cream-color embroidery thread

TFL!!Smile

Edited by user Wednesday, August 28, 2013 5:17:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
JanisD on 9/1/2013(UTC)
*NanaDonna* Offline
#17 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2013 7:05:16 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Turtlebug - #2 so very well put together, after I looked at the sketch I knew it would be persevered as an ice cream cone, what a fabulous job you did with it, perfect background papers and love that chevron cut. What a great ice cream cone cut from Indie Art. never knew it was there I will have to take another look. Love all the embossing even on the cone perfection!

My background orange paper on #2 is Coordination's card stock that I embossed and then sanded to bring out the lighter core color of the paper.
TurtleBug on 8/30/2013(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#18 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2013 8:29:22 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

[quote=*NanaDonna*;1754275]]Turtlebug - #2 so very well put together, after I looked at the sketch I knew it would be persevered as an ice cream cone, what a fabulous job you did with it, perfect background papers and love that chevron cut. What a great ice cream cone cut from Indie Art. never knew it was there I will have to take another look. Love all the embossing even on the cone perfection!

Donna,
Thanks for the nice comments. Actually, I didn't emboss the cone, the cut is the positive and the center has some criss-cross cutouts. I hand-cut a smaller "cone" with the same cardstock and made a shadow for it.

Edited by user Wednesday, August 28, 2013 8:31:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

*NanaDonna* Offline
#19 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2013 8:34:05 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Oh I see it now, great job
Kiethann Offline
#20 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2013 6:53:31 PM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

How strange is this. I went to print out the sketches, the samples and the ad colors. Well after looking at the printouts, guess what. the post with the ad colors did not print out. I have never had that happen before.

I am working on one card right now (sketch 2). Would have finished it today, but time just got away from me.

I liked your sketch 2 TurtleBug makes me want to make a trip to sonic to purchase a vanilla ice cream cone. Like the background paper you used.

Nanna Donna I love the way you sanded the orange background paper after you embossed it. I just recently started experimenting with the coordinations papers, first time, I tried just using a section of sand paper, but it did not turn out very well. I then remembered my sister and I had purchased the core'dinations sand it gadget, opened up the package and used it. Much better results.

Edited by user Thursday, August 29, 2013 6:57:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: edited comments.

1 user thanked Kiethann for this useful post.
TurtleBug Offline
#21 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2013 12:26:57 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Hope everyone has an enjoyable week-end ahead!

BingoLady

#1 Nice, like the Birds and pattern paper.

Kiethann
I, too, have the sanding tool and have never used it. Glad you are expirmenting with it, because the results are very pretty, especially when the card stock is embossed. Hope to see a card from you using this technique, soon.

Edited by user Friday, August 30, 2013 12:34:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Kiethann Offline
#22 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2013 12:33:01 PM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

going to try this again sketch 2. celebrate 2

yay sorry it is so small...but at least I got the whole card to show up. any tips would be greatly appreciated for making it larger. thanks for looking. I used stretch your imagination for the flipped ice cream cone. used Recollections Chevron paper from a paper pack. the ribbon with the word celebrate cut out on it is from a ribbon swap many years ago.

forgot to mention, the orange section lifts up to reveal a happy birthday greeting.

Edited by user Saturday, August 31, 2013 8:12:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: added additional comment

1 user thanked Kiethann for this useful post.
Mary R. on 8/31/2013(UTC)
*NanaDonna* Offline
#23 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2013 1:06:13 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Keithann - what an adorable card, I love how you flipped the center piece and made it into a clown, wonder idea.

Re: - I have one of those little pink heart sanders by We R Memories it works really well. In the past I have used one of those sponge sanders they sell for sanding wood. It is a sponge that has sandpaper wrapped around it. Also one of those block nail file thing works also. Co ordinates paper gives such a nice effect for sanding, I just forget to do it a lot of times

Hope everyone gets to do a little crafting this weekend.
TurtleBug Offline
#24 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2013 1:10:30 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

My #3 Sketch Card and Stamping/Color Extra Credit:

Banner - Cut in CCR using Artiste Cartridge
Bumblebees - Rub-on Stickers by ProvoCraft
Embossing - Cuttlebug "Chicken Wire" and "Houndstooth" folders
Circles & Panels - Plantin Schoolbook Cartridge
Apple Stamp and Sentiment - CTMH "Sweet Life" Stamp of the Month
I used water color pencils on the image and applied Diamond Glaze to the apple for a shiny look, the banner is red satin ribbon. I distressed the green border with my CTMH Edge Distresser.
TFL!!Smile

Edited by user Friday, August 30, 2013 1:47:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
BingoLady Offline
#25 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2013 1:34:01 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Turtlbug, nice cards, makes me want an ice cream cone. I like the way the cone looks.
And # 3 like all the paper and cuts, I espcially like the way the little branch
looks with the apple and bees.

Kietham, nice to have you back with your nice card. Great idea making it a clown.
BingoLady Offline
#26 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2013 1:37:30 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Here is my #2 sketch, I used Celebrate With Flourish cart for the decor.
I didn't have a cart to make a cone.
BingoLady attached the following image(s):
# 2 sketch 074.jpg
Kiethann Offline
#27 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2013 4:35:23 PM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Turtlebug like your sketch 3 card. the apple is cute and just love the chicken wire embossing folder. Have not been able to find it anywhere.

BingoLady, like how you used a vase and flourish for your card sketch 2. The red really stands out.
*NanaDonna* Offline
#28 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2013 9:43:06 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Turtlebug - fabulous card, love the paper and color combination. Great idea distressing the edge, love all the embossing and your stamp coloring is great. Love that little bee

Bingolady - pretty card love the red against the background, very nice cut. Hey there is no embossing, BigGrin but I like the flat look on this one.
Mary R. Offline
#29 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 12:34:22 PM(UTC)
Mary R.

United States

Was thanked: 497 time(s) in 349 post(s)
Originally Posted by: *NanaDonna* Go to Quoted Post
Oh Mary you should not feel that way. We all have to start somewhere and believe me when I first started making my cards they were not like they are now. And I will tell you something else, I feel my cards have improved 110% since I started doing this challenge a couple of years ago. Overall I have been making cards for 17+ years.

Please join us there is a big mix of ladies here and we all help and inspire each other. If you want to improve your card making or learn new techniques or make you jump out of your comfort zone this is the place to do it and we just love to see creations and don't judge or compare.

Thank you thank you for your compliment and kind words but please don't let that scare you away. Give it a try

Hugs
Donna

Thank you FlapperDonna for your kind words of encouragement. I have two b'day cards to do for Sept. I'll try to complete them for this round.

Best, Mary R.
TurtleBug Offline
#30 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 3:20:49 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Kiethann
#2 Cute! Like how it looks flipped and you made a clown from th sketch, good out-of-the-box idea. Like the Happy Clown face...sad clown faces, not so much! Anything Chevron is really trending right now, like how the polka dots have the same colors as the Chevron paper.
What method do you use to post your cards? I use Photo Bucket, maybe you should try scanning them. PM me if you want to learn how to scan your cards.

BingoLady
#2 Like the simple red/white combo, the vase and pattern paper are very pretty.