Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Ms Kitty Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2013 3:23:40 PM(UTC)
Ms Kitty

Groups: Registered

I am a very new Member and Cricut user but I am so wanting to do a project that uses kiss cut vinyl. I went into Michaels; I don't like their prices. Walmart prices don't really cut it either nor do they have good selection. Does anyone know of some cheaper online sources?? Please and Thank you for your help.
scrapalette Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2013 3:36:19 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19086 time(s) in 8528 post(s)
I buy single sheets of vinyl at Joanns. I've bought the rolls at Joanns, Michaels, Hobby Lobby and Walmart. Prices vary depending on if it's on sale or if I have a coupon.

You can use the "kiss cut" method with all vinyl. Kiss cut means you set your blade and pressure {I use 3 for blade and 3 or medium for pressure} so it just cuts the vinyl and not the backing.

Expresions Vinyl {online vendor} donated some heat transfer vinyl to a crop event I did and they were very nice and their prices looked good.

Edited by user Wednesday, August 28, 2013 3:38:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Ms Kitty Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2013 10:08:56 AM(UTC)
Ms Kitty

Thank you for the above post. I'm in Canada so only have access to Michael's and Walmart so I'm really looking for online vendors if anyone knows of any please :) I hope to get over to the states before Christmas but only time will tell
TammyPuckett Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2013 11:43:21 AM(UTC)
TammyPuckett

Was thanked: 335 time(s) in 195 post(s)
I buy a lot of vinyl from my local sign shop. He will sell me scraps & also what is on a roll by the foot.

Some sites that I have bought from is craftvinyl.com, expressionsvinyl.com. Google vinyl for crafting & you will find sites.
Sherri Kay Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2013 2:22:30 PM(UTC)
Sherri Kay

United States

Was thanked: 2402 time(s) in 2154 post(s)
I also buy all my vinyl from Expressions Vinyl. They have such a wide selection to choose from and their prices are great.

I do want to say about the kiss cut, not all machines are the same. With my Expression, the 3-3-3 worked to get the kiss cut, but with my E2 I have to use 2-2-3 otherwise it cuts all the way through. You might have to experiment with your machine to see which of these works for you.

Have fun with your vinyl projects! BigGrin
Ms Kitty Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2013 12:16:41 PM(UTC)
Ms Kitty

Thank you :) If anyone has any other suggestions please share. I'll still be checking the thread for the next few days. You guys are awesome!
Barjo Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, September 03, 2013 6:42:20 PM(UTC)
Barjo

Was thanked: 65 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Try Amazon.com. They have a really good starter pack of vinyl, lots of colors and anything over $25.00 ships free. Also, I buy from Ebay,(just ordered again)if you are interested I'll find his name for you.