Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

apatrosh9aa6fa18 Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2013 6:45:59 PM(UTC)
apatrosh9aa6fa18

Groups: Registered

I've had my Cricut since December and I am doing my first update on my Mac. It has been going for an hour and a half now and it still says, "installing firmware-started" Is this normal? How long should these updates take? Should it only say started after so long? Help!
purpleluvnscrapper Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 2:50:42 PM(UTC)
purpleluvnscrapper

United States

Was thanked: 599 time(s) in 307 post(s)
that is what is happening to me - I let it go for 2 hrs the first time and then 4 hrs the next day - just sits there Confused

Also my pre-loaded cartridges---2 of them have disappeared! At least Essentials came back after the 2nd day of updating - even though it never completed the process - but Just A Note and Decals are gone! THey are in my history so hopefully Tuesday when I call CS they can help me get them back.

Good luck!
Sacramentosal Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 05, 2013 7:44:03 PM(UTC)
Sacramentosal

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I had similar problem, and it is not supposed to take this long. What you need to do is cancel out of the sync program, and try it again. I am a Mac user, and hadn't synced my E2 since I had purchased it. When I restarted the program, it progressed as it should. I called Provo and got through to a technician that helped me with this.

Sometimes it stalls what can I say? It does not take that long when it is working properly. I found out that I can not update my E2 with my Gypsy. You have to have your E2 connected directly to your computer. Have to have WIFI, and make sure you have both machines plugged in to a power source so you don't have a power failure while doing the update. If it is going for over an hour and doesn' t seem to be moving. Cancel out of the sync program, and start again. It won't hurt anything.

When all else fails, call Provo Craft.