Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

janham Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 10:42:54 AM(UTC)
janham

Groups: Registered

Can anyone tell me what they advise to use for adding rosy cheeks to faces and also what to use (and HOW) to darken the edges after the character has been cut out? I am new to Cricut. I have face stamps and love using them, but don't know the technique or what to buy for adding lines, cheeks, shadows and highlights. I would rather use something I can buy at Hobby Lobby or Michael's instead of ordering online, but will order if I need to. I have seen lots of things at HL but don't know if it is what I need or how to use it.
southgirltexas Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 01, 2013 9:19:22 AM(UTC)
southgirltexas

Was thanked: 569 time(s) in 341 post(s)
I use makeup blush and a stiff brush. Practice on scrap paper till you get the effect you need. A fine line sharpie can be used to make lines.
 1 user thanked southgirltexas for this useful post.
janham on 9/1/2013(UTC)
Olivia'sNana Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, September 02, 2013 11:54:08 AM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Was thanked: 914 time(s) in 448 post(s)
For the face stamps, I will use a q-tip or small make up applicator and dry brush the cheeks using whatever ink pads I have (my favorit are the tim holtz distress or the chalkbox ink pads). To dry brush, ink your applicator with your desired colored ink and then wipe it off on a scrap paper or towel until you get just a light dry color coming off and then in a light circular motion, appy to the cheeks. The dry brushing gives you a natural hint of color rather than a bold drawn on look.

I use a white jelly roll pen and color in the whites of the eyes and the sparkle highlights using a light touch so that I don't mark over the stamp. I normally stamp my faces either black or brown but will also sometimes color over the black or brown of the eyes with just a hint of color if I want blue or green eye color.

To do inking around the edges of cuts, I use the same variety of inks and use the finger sponges to apply. (don't remember what they are officially called) but they fit on your index finger like a thimble, come in packages of 3. I will apply in a couple of different ways - one way, with the inked thimble on my right index finger and holding the image in my left hand, I just flick the thimble with a downward motion and rotate the image as I go. The other way is lay your cut on a scrap paper and then using a dry inked applicator, start in a circular motion half on the image and half on the scrap paper working your way around the the parts you want inked. (the motion would be similar to drawing a spring) After some trial and error and practice, you will find your rythmn and favorite way of doing this.

All above mentioned, I buy at hobby lobby

Edited by user Monday, September 02, 2013 12:02:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked Olivia'sNana for this useful post.
janham on 9/10/2013(UTC)