Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

11 Pages<12345>»
Dancingstarr Offline
#61 Posted : Tuesday, September 17, 2013 9:38:32 PM(UTC)
Dancingstarr

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 68 time(s) in 67 post(s)
QUESTION : WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CHRISTMAS SCRAP-BOOK PAPER COLLECTION ? (brand name and theme name)

I'm not picky about brand names as long as the paper is made out of good quality cardstock I would buy it, I have a paper obsession if there was a 12 step program I would not attend it, I can't seem to have enough paper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but if I have to pick a brand name and theme I would say ALL OF THEM! LOL no but really I would say the evergreen Christmas stack by DCWV I'm a sucker for gingerbread men and gingerbread houses.

-Andrea
 1 user thanked Dancingstarr for this useful post.
CricutCrazy on 9/18/2013(UTC)
EvelynRobinson2 Offline
#62 Posted : Tuesday, September 17, 2013 9:51:49 PM(UTC)
EvelynRobinson2

Was thanked: 160 time(s) in 143 post(s)
QUESTION : WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CHRISTMAS SCRAP-BOOK PAPER COLLECTION ? (brand name and theme name)

I tried a paperline for Christmas that has been out for some time by Kaisercraft - "A Christmas Carol" and I have fallen in love with it. It has beautiful accessories to it and the paper is magnificent. This paper will make anything look stunning. This paper is two sided and made the collection even more worthwhile as both sides had great pattern work to them.

Evelyn
 1 user thanked EvelynRobinson2 for this useful post.
sandywcm86e0d8a2 Offline
#63 Posted : Tuesday, September 17, 2013 10:13:17 PM(UTC)
sandywcm86e0d8a2

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 21 post(s)
QUESTION : WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CHRISTMAS SCRAP-BOOK PAPER COLLECTION ? (brand name and theme name

When it comes to paper I don't have a specific brand. I just kinda buy paper that catches my eye...
 1 user thanked sandywcm86e0d8a2 for this useful post.
MOgoggingirl Offline
#64 Posted : Tuesday, September 17, 2013 11:01:32 PM(UTC)
MOgoggingirl

United States

Was thanked: 471 time(s) in 411 post(s)
I updated my MQ partner.BigGrin

1 user thanked MOgoggingirl for this useful post.
sharlenescrafts Offline
#65 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2013 7:28:50 AM(UTC)
sharlenescrafts

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)

I too don't care about name brands as long as it is good quality. I LOVE all Christmas paper!!

Sharlene
 1 user thanked sharlenescrafts for this useful post.
CricutCrazy Offline
#66 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2013 1:56:37 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 1099 time(s) in 807 post(s)
Getting some very interesting replies to this week's bonus question...Sounds like Dancingstarr's partner will need to stock in some GINGERBREAD COOKIE MIX ! BigGrin

scrappinchic Offline
#67 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2013 3:28:17 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Was thanked: 474 time(s) in 412 post(s)
Big hugs to my SS and the SS that has me! I can't wait to get started on this swap! I am going to finish up my Halloween swap and then move onto the Christmas one's! I am however hitting M's and HL so no telling what I will walk out of there withWink !

CricutCrazy I forgot about that collections! I LOVE it! The angels are gorgeous!

I hope y'all have an awesome day!

Edited by user Thursday, September 19, 2013 3:29:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked scrappinchic for this useful post.
CricutCrazy on 9/21/2013(UTC)
CricutCrazy Offline
#68 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2013 4:05:30 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Thanks to Laverne for checking in about her MQ - If anyone else needs to make up an MQ or update theirs...please do so ASAP. THANK YOU !!

Don't forget to answer the "Bonus Question" for a chance to win some scrapping goodies Saturday night !

Love
ksqueenb Offline
#69 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2013 6:05:33 PM(UTC)
ksqueenb

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 418 time(s) in 251 post(s)
[quote=CricutCrazy;1761273

I am disappointed in the Christmas collections this year but I would have to say
Bo Bunny - Silver and Gold or Kaisercraft St Nicholas

1 user thanked ksqueenb for this useful post.
ScrapyPiggy Offline
#70 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2013 6:58:27 PM(UTC)
ScrapyPiggy

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 213 time(s) in 187 post(s)

I do not have a favorite. I buy the paper I see and think about what I am working on and if it will meet my needs. However, some paper I have used in the passed include bo bunny, graphic 45, DCWV, the paper studio.
 1 user thanked ScrapyPiggy for this useful post.
Miss Whimsy aka Carol Klink Offline
#71 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2013 9:56:19 PM(UTC)
Miss Whimsy aka Carol Klink

United States

Was thanked: 135 time(s) in 116 post(s)
Hi SS,

Just wanted to let you know I have finally updated my MQ. I posted my original one on 6/24/13 but didn't note the post #. As of now you will find it under the MQ category on page 16, post #470. Will get started this weekend on your box. Please let me know if there is anything you prefer. Have a great weekend.

Carol

1 user thanked Miss Whimsy aka Carol Klink for this useful post.
Miss Whimsy aka Carol Klink Offline
#72 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2013 11:54:19 PM(UTC)
Miss Whimsy aka Carol Klink

United States

Was thanked: 135 time(s) in 116 post(s)
[i]QUESTION : WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CHRISTMAS SCRAP-BOOK PAPER COLLECTION ? (brand name and theme name)[

Favorites are: Kaisercraft - Holy Bright, Christmas Carol and St. Nicholas

Graphic 45 - The Twelve Days of Christmas

Paper Studio - Yuletide Joy, Christmas on Times Square and
Winter Wonderland

K and Co - Tim Coffey Christmas
 1 user thanked Miss Whimsy aka Carol Klink for this useful post.
scrappinchic Offline
#73 Posted : Friday, September 20, 2013 4:38:19 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Just popping in quickly to wish you all a wonderful weekend! Anyone got any big plans this weekend? My plans are to continue working on my craft show stuff! I make hair bows, chunky necklaces, tu-tus and other girly accessories! I am hoping to add some paper crafts to it too. This will be my first show so I am extremely nervous! If any of you are seasoned craft showers, please share any tips and tricks that might help this newbie out! I am hoping to have my FB page up and running soon! Wish me luckWink ! I did get my custom logo and business branding package yesterday! Its so girly and cute! Any hoodles! Have a wonderful dayBigGrin !
Lady King Offline
#74 Posted : Friday, September 20, 2013 12:25:26 PM(UTC)
Lady King

Was thanked: 66 time(s) in 58 post(s)
Originally Posted by: scrappinchic Go to Quoted Post
Just popping in quickly to wish you all a wonderful weekend! Anyone got any big plans this weekend? My plans are to continue working on my craft show stuff! I make hair bows, chunky necklaces, tu-tus and other girly accessories! I am hoping to add some paper crafts to it too. This will be my first show so I am extremely nervous! If any of you are seasoned craft showers, please share any tips and tricks that might help this newbie out! I am hoping to have my FB page up and running soon! Wish me luckWink ! I did get my custom logo and business branding package yesterday! Its so girly and cute! Any hoodles! Have a wonderful dayBigGrin !

Good Luck
 2 users thanked Lady King for this useful post.
scrappinchic on 9/21/2013(UTC), CricutCrazy on 9/21/2013(UTC)
scrappinchic Offline
#75 Posted : Saturday, September 21, 2013 3:59:07 PM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Evening y'all! Just checking in! I am working on clay charms tonight! Big waves to my SS's!

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their weekend!
CricutCrazy Offline
#76 Posted : Saturday, September 21, 2013 9:49:34 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Happy Weekend EVeryone !

GOod luck on your upcoming sales Jess... I am sure your items are really lovely !

I have been super busy up-dating my ETSY shop and getting orders out all week...I had so many orders from my Facebook Clearance sale to catch up on and then the new Anna Griffin dies came in and orders went NUTS for those !! I have sold out twice already !! So now I have to put in another order on Monday for more.
I spent this evening playing with the dies a little myself, and especially the Christmas Holly and Snowflakes I got from HSN this week. They are gorgeous ! I have cut several out this evening and hope to post pix of cards I am making with them in the next day or 2 on my blog. I also love the new embossing folders from AG and I have plenty of those in stock for you to choose from.

Tonight's winner of this week's BONUS surprise is SHARLENE !! Congratulations ! You will be receiving a little prize in the mail soon .

Tomorrow I will post another BONUS QUESTION for you to answer for next Saturday night's contest.

Good night and God Bless you all !

~Barb Love
Dancingstarr Offline
#77 Posted : Sunday, September 22, 2013 10:07:14 AM(UTC)
Dancingstarr

Happy Fall not looking forward to the high winds and cold but I am looking forward to Black Friday LOL Hope everyone has a blessed Sunday.

-Andrea
CricutCrazy on 9/24/2013(UTC)
Dancingstarr Offline
#78 Posted : Sunday, September 22, 2013 10:19:12 AM(UTC)
Dancingstarr

Originally Posted by: scrappinchic Go to Quoted Post
Evening y'all! Just checking in! I am working on clay charms tonight! Big waves to my SS's!

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their weekend!

do you have any pictures of your clay charms? I purchase molds and clay but never made anything yet.

Kiethann Offline
#79 Posted : Sunday, September 22, 2013 11:33:04 AM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States
Location: master questionair page 16 post 465 new MQ page 1 post 6

Was thanked: 809 time(s) in 619 post(s)
Checking in and saying HI!
 1 user thanked Kiethann for this useful post.
CricutCrazy Offline
#80 Posted : Tuesday, September 24, 2013 12:48:50 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Sorry ya'll I have had a lot on me for the past week or so with my DIL having surgery and helping with 3 grand-children...something I am not used to do on top of working and running an online store and keeping up with the MB too...It has been overwhelming and I am still behind on a lot of things...but sometimes you have to drop everything that is not vital to life and take care of the essentials.

This week's BONUS QUESTION for Saturday night :

What is your favorite Christmas memory ?

Dancingstarr Offline
#81 Posted : Tuesday, September 24, 2013 1:18:33 PM(UTC)
Dancingstarr

This week's BONUS QUESTION for Saturday night :

What is your favorite Christmas memory ?

my fave xmas time was my son's first xmas I wanted him to have the best xmas ever I purchased so many light up decorations and toys that had lights and sounds placed them all over the house and went overboard on chirstmas gifts I purchased over 15 gifts for my son, what can I say I was a new and proud mommy, My son was only 4 month old LOL I think I purchased every winnie the pooh and friends decorations that was ever made in 1998
CricutCrazy on 9/25/2013(UTC)
Kiethann Offline
#82 Posted : Tuesday, September 24, 2013 2:25:06 PM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States
Location: master questionair page 16 post 465 new MQ page 1 post 6

Was thanked: 809 time(s) in 619 post(s)
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CHRISTMAS MEMORY!

Gosh there are so many. One that I remember is when our dogs were accidently let into the house and they tipped over the Christmas tree and destroyed all of our glass ornaments. Mom decided we should make handmade ornaments for the tree. She popped pop corn and thawed out several bags of cranberries (she had planned on using them to make cranberry salad). Out of her bedroom closet came tons of ribbons, doilies, yarn, construction paper and little doo dads. We spent many happy hours stringing the popcorn and cranberries to make garlands for the tree, cut out snowflakes, and make ribbon angels out of ribbons, doilies, yarn and bits and pieces. We even made paper chains to put on the tree. We cut thin strips of aluminum foil for tinsel and hung everything on the tree. Next mom got out her old color wheel (used when we had an aluminum foil tree because you could not put anything electrical on the tree). My oh my what a pretty tree we had, and such a happy Christmas. Sadly, we have no pictures of that Christmas....only memories in our heads and hearts.
 1 user thanked Kiethann for this useful post.
MOgoggingirl Offline
#83 Posted : Tuesday, September 24, 2013 7:08:49 PM(UTC)
MOgoggingirl

United States

My favorite Christmas memory is my first son's 1st Christmas. He was 6 months old and we gave him a whole set of Disney stuffed animals and the thing he liked best was the box we had them in. He crawled into it and sat there playing with the sides. The greatest thing I have ever experienced. Then reading him his new books and he just sat there and wanted me to read them over and over again.BigGrin Love Wub

Edited by user Tuesday, September 24, 2013 7:09:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

EvelynRobinson2 Offline
#84 Posted : Tuesday, September 24, 2013 8:05:56 PM(UTC)
EvelynRobinson2

Was thanked: 160 time(s) in 143 post(s)
My favorite Christmas Memory is really special but happened years ago early in our marriage. We were living on base (my husband was in the Air Force and proudly served 30 years) and it was Christmas and we were all alone. No family, no friends (we were new to the base). We decided to go the air terminal and watch the planes come in. Well, we went through the line at the cafeteria and noticed a man who was sitting alone. My husband asked if I minded if we asked the man if we could sit with him. It was very sad because he had nothing to eat and he was weather beaten for sure. He gladly welcomed us to his table and we had a wonderful Christmas dinner with him as we told him we wanted to share our blessings with him and buy his dinner.

The man was so appreciative and thankful. He told us stories that were happy and some that were sad but he seemed to enjoy being able to share that with us. The time went on and soon it was time for us to leave. As we were getting ready to leave, we wanted to offer him a ride to his place of shelter (as he called it) and he said he needed to leave the table for a moment - We never saw him again.

As we were on our way home, we knew that in some way he was going to be ok. But, we often wondered what happened to him. One minute he was at our table and the next, he was never to be seen again. When we arrived at our front door, there was a poinsettia plant for us that we could never find out who gave it to us. It often times makes me think that we received a blessing way far than anyone could enjoy with our visit. There is more to the story but this is how it went in a "short" version.

For us, that Christmas became our favorite memory because we will always believe there was something special about that man. Sorry this was so long. I tried to make it short.

Evelyn
 1 user thanked EvelynRobinson2 for this useful post.
MOgoggingirl Offline
#85 Posted : Tuesday, September 24, 2013 8:39:09 PM(UTC)
MOgoggingirl

United States

I love your story Evelyn. We are to be hospitable because we never know if we are entertaining angels unawares. BigGrin Love
MOgoggingirl Offline
#86 Posted : Tuesday, September 24, 2013 8:41:05 PM(UTC)
MOgoggingirl

United States

Secret Sister I am getting some good ideas from your MQ. Can't wait to get started. I need to work on another swap first, but then can get busy. Fun, Fun, Fun!Flapper BigGrin
CricutCrazy Offline
#87 Posted : Wednesday, September 25, 2013 6:35:03 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Those are some wonderful Christmas stories so far...I just loved all of them !
Thank you Evelyn, Keithann and Dancingstarr for sharing those with us !!

THere are still a couple of people who have not posted their MQs yet. It is really important to do so right away. Next time I will check for MQ's before accepting people into the swap. It will be required anytime there is a Secret Sister Swap. See now- I had to be MEAN Angry and I don't like being Mean !!CryingOhMyGod

Would love to hear about some more Chrsitmas memories....funny - sad - inspiring - spooky --- whatever !!
Wub

sandywcm86e0d8a2 Offline
#88 Posted : Wednesday, September 25, 2013 6:58:00 PM(UTC)
sandywcm86e0d8a2

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Just dropping by to say Hi to my secret sister this week.
Have a great week
 1 user thanked sandywcm86e0d8a2 for this useful post.
CricutCrazy Offline
#89 Posted : Wednesday, September 25, 2013 7:04:16 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Originally Posted by: sandywcm86e0d8a2 Go to Quoted Post
Just dropping by to say Hi to my secret sister this week.
Have a great week

Sandy thanks for doing your MQ - but you also need to go to your profile page (where you choose an avatar) and post the tHREAD pAGE# AND pOST# of your MQ so it can be found. Thank you !
scrappinchic Offline
#90 Posted : Thursday, September 26, 2013 3:54:07 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Good morning! Big waves to my SS's! Sorry I've been MIA! Getting ready for this show is keeping me crazy busy. Thanks for the well wishes on my show and the kind words. They are greatly appreciated.

Andrea I am just starting out with clays. I will get some pictures posted soon! They look really cute as hair bow centers and bubblegum necklace charms!

I have loved reading everyone's Christmas memories so far!

What is your favorite Christmas memory? Well one of my favorite memories was a couple years ago. Our local police department helps a needy family out each year for Christmas. Just so happens my neighbor's daughter was the family chosen to bring gifts to her kids. Well DH and I noticed blue lights outside so us being the nosey neighbors we are, he went to see what was going on. Remind you he is very close with them and grew up with their boys. Well needless to say it was santa and a few memebers of the police department surprising the kids with presents and such. BUT...the other best part was santa asked Mick if we had any small kids he would walk over when he was done there and surprise them. Needless to say at that time Layla was the only one. So we got her up and waited for a knock at the door. We let her open the door and the look on her face was priceless when she saw santa and the officers there. He came in asked why she hadn't opened her presents yet. I was to blame of course. He told a story of how his sleigh broke down and the officers had to help him finish his deliveries. It made her day and ours!

Off to the bus stop! Have a great day!

Edited by user Thursday, September 26, 2013 4:03:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CricutCrazy on 9/27/2013(UTC)