Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
LisaW. Online
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2013 9:12:45 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 102 post(s)
Welcome to the next Wednesday Bi-Weekly Sketch Challenge

Four sketches to turn, twist, and flip. Do 1, 2, 3, or 4 of the sketches...it doesn't matter as long as you have fun and please share your creations with us.

Sketch #1

Sketch #2

Sketch #3

Sketch #4

Edited by user Tuesday, September 10, 2013 9:14:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked LisaW. for this useful post.
nayscats on 9/27/2013(UTC)
LisaW. Online
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2013 9:30:11 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Here are my samples...not sure where I put all my instructions so have to wing itLOL

Sketch #1...Bday card

I did flip this sketch.

Cartridge: Life is a beach for the drink.
Cuttlebug: Dots
Spellbinders: Labels 2

Sketch #2...brother's anniv card
Cartridge: Sweethearts
Stamp: Michaels
Punch: Heart

Sketch #3...grandpa's bday
Cartridge: A Child's Year...cake.

Sketch #4...will add sentiment later. I added the ribbon on the side just to bring the color out.
Cartridge: George for the circle that I cut a section off
Punch: Flower

*NanaDonna* Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2013 9:43:55 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2626 time(s) in 1383 post(s)
Lisa thanks for hosting, love the sketches especially #4BigGrin
Back later to comment just wanted to get the ad colors posted

since it is Fall I thought I would pick some Fall colors. Here is Arizona where it is still 100 I thought making and seeing some Fall colored cards would make it feel a bit coolerLaugh

I guess the colors would be any Fall color combination use the photo as inspiration.
DeeScraps Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2013 10:42:08 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Was thanked: 751 time(s) in 582 post(s)
Hi everyone...I just wanted too pop in and see what the sketches were for this week. I loved the ones from last week, and I've saved them to use for when I can get back to making cards. Lots of nice cards last week, and I hope the new people will join in again this week.

Lisa....nice choice of sketches and all your cards came out great.

Card #1...is very striking with all the bright colors. Where is the paper from? It goes perfect.

Card #2...I have some of this paper and now you've given me an idea of how to use it. Very nice card and you know how we love that color combo.

Card#3...I love everything about this card....great choice of papers and cuts.

Card #4...very nice colors in this one. I think we might have used this sketch before...it seems to ring a bell.

Nana Donna....great choice of colors for the week. I feel "cooler" already. We are running in the middle to high 90s here, but the stores are full of sweaters. LOL

Dee
Kiethann Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2013 11:33:24 AM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States
Location: master questionair page 16 post 465 new MQ page 1 post 6

Was thanked: 743 time(s) in 566 post(s)
love the sketches and what you did with them. will post comments later. thank you for posting the sketches and the fall colors.
TurtleBug Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2013 2:08:23 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Was thanked: 960 time(s) in 622 post(s)
Lisa,
Thanks for Hosting these next two weeks. Great sketches, like #2 for a male card. Happy we have two weeks to work on them...have a pretty busy middle of the month coming up. Will try to get them all done. No Extra Credit might make it a little easier to get done!ThumpUp

NanaDonna,
Love the Ad Color Challenge for this week!! The colors in the picture are so bold and vibrant. I will try to find paper in my stash as close to them as possible, they are so pretty together.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 11, 2013 2:13:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TurtleBug Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2013 2:11:46 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Originally Posted by: DeeScraps Go to Quoted Post
Hi everyone...I just wanted too pop in and see what the sketches were for this week. I loved the ones from last week, and I've saved them to use for when I can get back to making cards. Lots of nice cards last week, and I hope the new people will join in again this week.

Dee

Hi Dee!
Good to see you on here, even if only to peek in! You have been missed, looking forward to seeing you on here on a weekly basis real soon.Smile

*NanaDonna* Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, September 12, 2013 6:50:56 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Hello everyone - I hope to be able to work on a card tomorrow. Hubby had surgery today on his shoulder so spent most of the day at the hospital. It was out-patient surgery so he is home doing well.

Lisa Your sample cards are wonderful. Love the pineapple cut very cute. Anniversary is very nice, love that background paper reminds me of the chalkboard look. Cute birthday card, I love that stamp. Pretty paper on the flower card and really like the row of flowers,

Edited by user Friday, September 13, 2013 7:51:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Kiethann Offline
#9 Posted : Thursday, September 12, 2013 7:22:51 PM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Like all of your cards you made as example idea for each sketch.

#1. love your background paper and the cut out of the drinking vessel.

#2 Anniversary card again I like the background papers and the toasting glasses.

#3. Love the distressed look on this card.

#4. very pretty flowers used on this card.

Would you believe I have all of the papers except the ones you used on card 3.

I have one card done but will have to wait until tomorrow to post it.
TurtleBug Offline
#10 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2013 12:28:56 AM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Originally Posted by: *NanaDonna* Go to Quoted Post
Hello everyone - I hope to be able to work on a card tomorrow. Hubby had surgery today on his shoulder so spent most of the day at the hospital. It was out patience so he is home doing well.
[size]

Sorry Donna, but got a kick out of this!....

Was his shoulder "out patience" or was his surgery "out-patient"??LOL LOL LOL

Glad he is doing well, hopefully, he will be more careful now when picking things up.Laugh

Edited by user Friday, September 13, 2013 12:32:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

*NanaDonna* Offline
#11 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2013 7:52:55 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Originally Posted by: TurtleBug Go to Quoted Post
Sorry Donna, but got a kick out of this!....

Was his shoulder "out patience" or was his surgery "out-patient"??LOL LOL LOL

Glad he is doing well, hopefully, he will be more careful now when picking things up.Laugh[/size]

Ha ha ha ha BigGrin OhMyGod RollEyes That was auto correct working for me LOL not that I don't do it on my own sometimes.

Edited by user Friday, September 13, 2013 10:25:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

BingoLady Online
#12 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2013 10:53:12 AM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 978 time(s) in 664 post(s)
Lisa, thanks for the sketches and your cards came out nice

Donna great colors, I hope I have them.

Tell my brother I'm coming over to take care of him. Does he need a
shave, BigGrin OopsBigGrin I'll slap the cream on him. Thats my
favorite part.I have a big razor.LOL LOL
Kiethann Offline
#13 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2013 3:24:10 PM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Well here is my interpretation of sketch 1 and I used the fall colors. I used Lacy Labels for the frame, a fall embossing folder for the fall scene and Lacy labels for the shaped tags. sketch1 fallcard

A HUGE thank you to everyone who gave me advice and suggestions for getting my images to come out right. whew. Many struggles later and some fine tuning of settings in photobucket, I think my issues have been solved. Oh gosh, the colors are so dull. They should have been pumpkin, ginger and deep rust. The frame has pretty fall colors. Oh well, at least you can see the card without having to stand on your heads or tilting your heads sideways LOL.

Edited by user Saturday, September 14, 2013 8:29:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: added comments.

TurtleBug Offline
#14 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2013 3:50:14 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Sad Got my computer back yesterday...has to go back...still not working right. Might get new one! ThumpUp Not able to post my cards yetSadSad Sad. Am working from Computer #2, not set up to my printer to post any cards from this one.

LisaW.
#1 - ALOHA!! Great Tropical Island card, like the bold bright colors. Can't go wrong with a nice cold Pina Colada right about now! Did you stick a real straw in that cute pineapple cut?Laugh

#2 - Very nice, like the "sparkling" champagne glasses and the heart pattern paper is so romantic! The black matting allows the red color to really stand out.

#3 - LOOK at that chocolate cake, just oozing with icing...yummy!! Fun stamp and assorted banners. Very cute card!

#4 - Pretty blingy floral paper, like the matching flowers around the half circle. Ribbon does add a nice finishing touch.

Hoping to get a card or two done and able to post soon.

Edited by user Friday, September 13, 2013 3:50:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TurtleBug Offline
#15 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2013 4:40:28 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Trying to teach myself how to post cards on here from Adobe. THIS IS ONLY A TEST!!Scared

I DID IT...IT WORKED...WHEW!!!

This is sketch card #4 from last week. I saw this cut in last week's CCR's "Free Cuts of the Week" and thought I would use it to make this card for my dear nine-year-old Granddaughter who is beyond excited cause her and I are going Monday to get our first "Nana & Granddaughter Pedicures". I will mail her this card the next day as a keepsake to remind her of her first ever Pedicure...Summer 2013. I wanted it to be very special for her, so I asked NanaDonna for her help. A HUGH Thank-you to NanaDonna for helping me create this card on CCR and for the pretty papers and multi-color metellic thread we used to make it.

My #4 Card from Last Week:
The whole card was made at NanaDonna's with her supplies. Have no idea the name of the pattern paper stack, embossing folder names, or frame used. I added the foil butterfly and a single thread for the flight pattern of the butterfly and a small satin ribbon....BUT, the card is so pretty in person. The metellic thread looks awesome, wish it would have posted better on here.
TFL!! Smile

Edited by user Friday, September 13, 2013 5:11:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

*NanaDonna* Offline
#16 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2013 5:30:33 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Well didn't get to wok on my card todayBlushing RollEyes but hopefully tomorrow. I already have my idea in my head so I know what I am going to do, just have to get in my room and do it.

Bingolady - your brother thanks for the offer but he wants to look like Santa and won't need a shave.Razz However he did say he you could slap his BU........ LOL

Keithann - lovely card, love that embossing folder. Sure wish the colors would have showed more accurately. Sounds pretty.

Turtlebug - NEVER give up! See you can do it, you have Adobe on your computer?????? You could have also taken a picture instead of using the printer to scan. The card came out really cute, love the butterfly I am sure she will love it! Plus I am sure she will love the pampering of a pedicure. The paper is a DCWV paper pack "Pocket full of Posies"
How exciting to maybe get a new computer, I love new toysThumpUp
 1 user thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 9/16/2013(UTC)
Kiethann Offline
#17 Posted : Saturday, September 14, 2013 8:32:15 AM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Keithann - lovely card, love that embossing folder. Sure wish the colors would have showed more accurately. Sounds pretty.

Thanks Nana Donna, I scanned the card this morning and reposted it in the original post. Last night I took a pic of it and the colors washed. The scanned card shows the colors much better.

Kiethann Offline
#18 Posted : Saturday, September 14, 2013 8:35:15 AM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Turtlebug, love the card you made for your grand daughter. she will be tickled pink when she gets the card after her pedicure. Love the printed cardstock you used and the delicate butterfly with the trail.
 1 user thanked Kiethann for this useful post.
BingoLady Online
#19 Posted : Saturday, September 14, 2013 12:59:52 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

# 1 sketch and some ad colors in there
BingoLady attached the following image(s):
# 1 sketch and ad colors.jpg
BingoLady Online
#20 Posted : Saturday, September 14, 2013 1:05:49 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Kiethann, nice card like the colors and especially the embossing.

Turtlbug you and Seianna enjoy your day. She is going to love her card.

Donna how is my little brother doing.LOL LOL
Kiethann Offline
#21 Posted : Saturday, September 14, 2013 4:44:00 PM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Bing Lady love what you did with sketch 1. very vibrant fall colors.
britishgirl Offline
#22 Posted : Sunday, September 15, 2013 10:48:08 AM(UTC)
britishgirl

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 143 post(s)
Really nice work every one sorry i have been MIA for awhile had a lot going on hubby had to have surgery to clean out a blocked vein in his neck then had to go in and have an eye Op on top of that i had a surprise visit from my brother and his wife, plus my Grand daughter in law signed up 3 of my Great grand sons for soccer so been going to their practice will try to get a couple of these done love the fall colors
TurtleBug Offline
#23 Posted : Sunday, September 15, 2013 1:26:23 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Happy Sunday Everyone!

Kiethann
#1 in Ad Colors - What a difference in the colors when you re-posted this card! I see the Fall colors now and they are very nice. Like the double-layered frame and the marble pattern background paper is very nice with the same colors in it as the panels. Great card!

BingoLady
#1 in the Ad Colors - WOW! Love the picture with all the Fall colors, greenery and Butterflies. Very different type of card from your usual style and I like it VERY much!! You covered the whole base card with color from corner to corner....no white showing! Like the double-edge flower punch and the butterfly with the added greenery at the bottom. You really nailed it 100% with this card!ThumpUp

britishgirl
Glad you are back....everyday life does seem to cut into our favorite things to do, but priorities first...FAMILY!
I hear you on the Soccer games. I have been going to practice and Soccer games since my now 21-year-old grandson was like 7 yrs. old, up to his Freshman year in college. Now, he is a Coach at the high school where he played. And, his eleven year old brother (my other precious grandson)has played Soccer since he was 5 yrs.old, so I guess I better make sure my to-be-walker is well tuned-up and ready to go!Scared
Enjoy ALL your kids!Smile

Still having Computer problems posting cards. Will have to go to NanaDonna's and post from there.....OK Donna??UnsureUnsure

Edited by user Sunday, September 15, 2013 1:30:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

*NanaDonna* Offline
#24 Posted : Sunday, September 15, 2013 4:05:16 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Originally Posted by: TurtleBug Go to Quoted Post

[color=green]Still having Computer problems posting cards. Will have to go to NanaDonna's and post from there.....OK Donna??
UnsureUnsure

Of course you can!BigGrin You posted one yesterday, now what is wrong? Just tell that hubby of yours to just buy you a new computer LOL.

Bingolady - very nice card using some of the ad colors, is that image in the center a picture or is that how the paper was. Love that green border down the center, love that punch!

Still haven't got in my craftroom much over the last few days, but did get to go to Michael's twiceFlapper
BingoLady Online
#25 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 11:05:03 AM(UTC)
BingoLady

Britishgirl, how nice to hear from you.Hope your hubby is okay. Hope to
see some of your nice cards soon. God bless and take care.

turtlbug, thankyou so much , that really made my day. I took it apart so
many times cause I didn't like it. ThankyouLove Love

Donna , thankyou , the paper came that way, I just cut out the piece with BF
on it. And the edges I cut with the scissors.
 1 user thanked BingoLady for this useful post.
TurtleBug Offline
#26 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 12:43:23 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

[quote=*NanaDonna*;1760843]Of course you can!BigGrin You posted one yesterday, now what is wrong? Just tell that hubby of yours to just buy you a new computer LOL.
[quote]

NanaDonna,
No new computer anytime soon!Sad Sad Sad
Hubby needs some dental work done, which can be as expensive (plus more, even after insurance) as buying a computer. Mine is being worked on and should be good to go for a while longer...keeping my fingers crossed!!Laugh

So, I will see you around 5pm today to post my cards...have your computer running!!LOL

Edited by user Monday, September 16, 2013 12:45:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Kiethann Offline
#27 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 5:46:37 PM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Here is my take on Sketch 4. Cut the circle with George and Basic shapes. Used Walk in my Garden for the flowers. The top of the card (the half circle part with the flowers) lifts up and there is a greeting inside. My son told me his long distance girlfriend was back in the hospital so I made this card for her. The paper used for the 1/2 circle is from a specialty carstock pad by Me And my Big Ideas. The striped paper is from s e I titled Moravia. to cheer you with tri flowers.
LisaW. Online
#28 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 8:23:06 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Hi ladies

Just wanted to let you know that I haven't abandoned anybody. On vacation from one of my jobs this week and had a long list of chores to get done. Daughter on her 3rd week of school caught a cold and just had to share it with her mom. Between the sore throat and the head feeling like it is going to explode I have only left the couch to work.

Lisa
BingoLady Online
#29 Posted : Tuesday, September 17, 2013 11:28:14 AM(UTC)
BingoLady

Kiethann, very nice ,love the flowers. She is going to love her card.

Lisa, hope you get to filling better. Miss you and your cards.
BingoLady Online
#30 Posted : Tuesday, September 17, 2013 11:29:19 AM(UTC)
BingoLady

# 2 sketch, I used Young At Heart cart.
BingoLady attached the following image(s):
# 2 sketch 075.jpg