Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

ttkdone71c4eddb Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 14, 2013 9:24:06 AM(UTC)
ttkdone71c4eddb

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I want to cut one of the ghost in the free cartridge this week from Frightful Affair. I do not want to cut all the inside lines on the ghost that show where a second layer should be lined up. I know that I can go into edit and take them out, but when I hit edit, some of the lines disappear and you can't even see them to click on them to make them go away. Is there a way to may them disappear before cutting? Thanks!
JoyceG Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 14, 2013 3:45:09 PM(UTC)
JoyceG

Was thanked: 912 time(s) in 593 post(s)
are you using CCR? If so then just click on the image, and it will get the box around it, and there will be an icon there that says HIDE CONTOUR, click that and move your curser over each line you want to remove, it will turn red when your curser is on it. Click and it will disappear and not cut.

Joyce
 1 user thanked JoyceG for this useful post.
TinaWilkerson on 9/24/2013(UTC)
ttkdone71c4eddb Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 14, 2013 3:59:58 PM(UTC)
ttkdone71c4eddb

Yes, using CCR. When clicking on the Hide Contour - some of the lines inside the image completely disappear so that you can't click them. I have enlarged the image to try to see them and they are just not there. There is nothing to click to turn it red to make it disappear. But when I click EXIT the lines appear again and therefore are cut.
Narelle Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, September 15, 2013 5:02:27 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7858 time(s) in 3675 post(s)
Take another shape (I used the circle - first row/column on the Layer tab) and place it so it's touching one of the contour lines. Make sure Weld is selected. All the contour lines will now be hidden. (You only need to do this once as it hides all the contour lines...)

You might find it easier if you remove the preview fill colour to make it easier to see what you're doing. (Click on the preview fill button on the Layer tab and select the No Fill icon - that's the square with the red line through it.)

Edited by user Sunday, September 15, 2013 5:03:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users thanked Narelle for this useful post.
Just Rachel on 9/15/2013(UTC), JoyceG on 9/15/2013(UTC)
ttkdone71c4eddb Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 4:25:46 PM(UTC)
ttkdone71c4eddb

Well it is amazing in that I added the circle to touch the interior guide lines and the interior lines disappeared! But. . . the circle is now there and I can't 'not' cut it! They both are checked for 'welding'. The only way that I could do it without cutting the circle is to make the circle just barely touch the outside image line and then the circle would completely weld and disappear when cutting. So sorry, but what am I not getting . . . Thanks!!
Narelle Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 6:29:07 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7858 time(s) in 3675 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ttkdone71c4eddb Go to Quoted Post
Well it is amazing in that I added the circle to touch the interior guide lines and the interior lines disappeared! But. . . the circle is now there and I can't 'not' cut it! They both are checked for 'welding'. The only way that I could do it without cutting the circle is to make the circle just barely touch the outside image line and then the circle would completely weld and disappear when cutting. So sorry, but what am I not getting . . . Thanks!!

Actually, you're correct. I'd forgotten that it does need to also touch the edge of the shape. Glad you worked it out! BigGrin
ttkdone71c4eddb Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, September 17, 2013 8:52:17 AM(UTC)
ttkdone71c4eddb

Great, at least I am not losing my mind! LOL! Thank you so much for your help!
t