Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

lml50200d5c5381 Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 15, 2013 5:52:57 PM(UTC)
lml50200d5c5381

Groups: Registered

I am trying to only cut one of the pumpkins from the A Frightful Affair while its free this week. I go in and hide the 2 pumpkins on the left and right, leaving the center one but when I hit cut it tells me the image is outside cutting lines and only cuts the eye alignments (on layer 1). Is anyone else having this problem? Cursing Its making me mad cause Im losing good paper on this. Ive never had this problem before using CCR.
Any advice would be welcome. Thanks!!
Narelle Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 15, 2013 7:24:24 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7909 time(s) in 3707 post(s)
Even though you've hidden the left and right pumpkins, they are still part of the design. Therefore you need to make sure they aren't positioned off the mat. Unfortunately that will effect the size that you can cut the centre pumpkin.

And as you can't hide feature lines in CCR using Hide Contour they will still be cut, even though you've hidden the outside border of the image.

(The trick of welding a shape over one of the feature lines won't work in this case as you're also hiding the outside border.)

This is always going to be a problem until PC work out a way for us to hide feature lines in the images and to be able to cut images where parts of the image are outside the mat borders.

It can be done in Design Studio and on the Gyspy. I really don't understand why it can't/won't be done in CCR.
JoyceG Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 15, 2013 8:40:00 PM(UTC)
JoyceG

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 938 time(s) in 609 post(s)
I just got that cart yesterday so I will go try to cut just like you did and let you know what happens.

Joyce
JoyceG Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, September 15, 2013 9:03:04 PM(UTC)
JoyceG

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 938 time(s) in 609 post(s)
Ok, I went into CCR and when I tried to cut the middle pumpkin (the BASIC <JckOLtrn> )all by itself and got the same result you had...wouldn't cut cause the images was off the mat. But when I moved the image over on the mat, it did cut but so did the hash marks for all the faces. so wasted paper just because of the hash marks. SO....

Next I tried just cutting just the center pumpkin using the BASIC + SHIFT <JkOLtn-s> and I was able to hide the end pumpkins and their eyes and mouth and only cut the center pumpkin with its eyes and mouth. So I suggest using the BASIC + shift and then add the pumpkins to the mat, hide contours of the end ones and even the mouth and eyes of the center one if ya want a full faceless pumpkin.

I attached a photo of the cuts hoping it would explain it better than my typing it out did.

Joyce

Edited by user Sunday, September 15, 2013 9:14:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: added photo

JoyceG attached the following image(s):
Image201.jpg