Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

24 Pages«<34567>»
JeanP Offline
#121 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2013 8:36:10 AM(UTC)
JeanP

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 968 time(s) in 780 post(s)
I went over my condensed list and have pretty much figured out what I am going to do for each directiveBigGrin
There are a couple things that I know what I am going to make but not sure of the techniques and supplies I want to use to complete the projects.

I think I am only going to be buying 3 things so that is goodBigGrin

Off to Google a couple things to help me make up my mindBigGrin BigGrin

I just need to finish my recipe pages.
CMC56 Offline
#122 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2013 8:22:00 PM(UTC)
CMC56

United States

Was thanked: 43 time(s) in 43 post(s)
wow Jean I am envious of you. I am still looking at the list and scratching my head BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

Cheryl
ScrappinGwen Offline
#123 Posted : Saturday, September 28, 2013 5:46:12 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Was thanked: 825 time(s) in 644 post(s)
I pretty much have my ideas all jotted down and only think I'll buy 2 items. But you have to remember that Jean and I have had a month to think about this as it was back in Mid-August when we were initially working on the ideas. So we got a jump start on the rest of you.

Oh, and I was doing some of my best thinking in bed last night and another idea for the last directive for 2014 goal:

an altered can/jar etc. that could be made into a bank to save up for TIMMY supplies to join future Tim Holtz swaps that I'm sure to continue with throughout 2014!

That is certainly a goal that many of you should considering challenging yourself to! lol Spend money, buy TH products, join more swaps! Nothing wrong with that set of goals! lol
 1 user thanked ScrappinGwen for this useful post.
JeanP on 9/28/2013(UTC)
DonnaSchnees Offline
#124 Posted : Saturday, September 28, 2013 6:11:38 PM(UTC)
DonnaSchnees

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 114 post(s)
Answered questions:)

Does anyone know where there is a cut file of a gucchi or coach bag? Got some ideas rolling in my head for this one.
bklynborn Offline
#125 Posted : Sunday, September 29, 2013 7:24:31 AM(UTC)
bklynborn

United States

Was thanked: 139 time(s) in 132 post(s)
good morning. just checking in.

bb
planlady19 Online
#126 Posted : Sunday, September 29, 2013 10:01:22 AM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

Was thanked: 285 time(s) in 267 post(s)
have jotted down some of my ideas...so now just to get things lined up and in order to go.

terri
DeniseE Offline
#127 Posted : Sunday, September 29, 2013 11:30:01 AM(UTC)
DeniseE

United States

Was thanked: 341 time(s) in 308 post(s)
I have 2 directives done and 1 almost finished. Have to finish the recipe swap before I do anything else here.

Happy Sunday

Denise
JeanP Offline
#128 Posted : Sunday, September 29, 2013 1:34:11 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Originally Posted by: DonnaSchnees Go to Quoted Post

Does anyone know where there is a cut file of a gucchi or coach bag? Got some ideas rolling in my head for this one.

Really don't know but maybe Nifty Fifties might have something you could use.

1 user thanked JeanP for this useful post.
DonnaSchnees on 10/6/2013(UTC)
CraftyOldBat Offline
#129 Posted : Monday, September 30, 2013 8:10:14 AM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States
Location: Massachusetts MQ Pg 9 Post # 247 Swap Questionnaire Pg 1 Post #8

Was thanked: 414 time(s) in 344 post(s)
We had our annual Girls Weekend in Cape Cod this weekend; it was soooo nice. It was cold here this morning in comparison. I think everyone here knows my favorite season is Fall but down there it looked like Fall but still felt like Summer! Just gorgeous. I thought I might get some inspiration being down by the beach but I think I just kinda let my mind go blank..LOL It's off season so it wasn't traffic-y or crowded; wished I could've stayed the week. Definitely thinking it could be the next place I live... I have several ideas for this swap but I'm probably going to wait until later in the week to start. I have lots of outdoor chores to address while it's still relatively warm and my cold is still hanging on pretty tight; can breathe better out in the air.
cricutjunky Offline
#130 Posted : Monday, September 30, 2013 10:47:50 AM(UTC)
cricutjunky

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 111 post(s)
Well, this swap is proving to be a challenge, I trashed two items I made yesterday, I am hoping the next few days things will turn out better. I need to remember where I put my Patience. I have lost my Scor pal somewhere in the fray!!! I am trying to think outside the box here, I have watched you tube and got on Pintrest and still nothing has popped!

Updated my MQ today, just incase my SS needs it.

Hope everyone is doing well!!

Edited by user Monday, September 30, 2013 11:22:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

JeanP Offline
#131 Posted : Monday, September 30, 2013 12:06:49 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Originally Posted by: cricutjunky Go to Quoted Post
Well, this swap is proving to be a challenge, I trashed two items I made yesterday, I am hoping the next few days things will turn out better. I need to remember where I put my Patience. I have lost my Scor pal somewhere in the fray!!! I am trying to think outside the box here, I have watched you tube and got on Pintrest and still nothing has popped!

Updated my MQ today, just incase my SS needs it.

Hope everyone is doing well!!

Sometimes I get overwhelmed if I look a all the items as a whole. Take one item at a time and only think about that one until you get it completed.
Works for me most of the timeBigGrin

I have patience with crafting but not with people sometimes!!!! Must be I am getting old.BigGrin
The other day at work, a lady called to ask about rims for her camper tires. Well, I needed to know the size and how many lug nuts. She took her phone outside and counted (out loud mind you) 5 times before she finally said, "There are 8"!!!!!!
1,2,3 4,5 oh wait a minute,
1,2,3,4 oops I have to start again!!!!

We didn't have what she wanted anyway!!!!!

RockinRobin1 Offline
#132 Posted : Monday, September 30, 2013 12:28:44 PM(UTC)
RockinRobin1

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 1232 time(s) in 669 post(s)
I started browsing the internet for ideas. Also, unpacked my new toy...that "other" cutter. There's so many files out there for it!!! One company has a cute set of purses that you can cut...I might have to buy that one for this swap. Or find some on a cartridge or two (or 100) that I have.Blink Blushing LOL

I'm also checking out Pinterest. Boy do you gals know how much time can be wasted on Pinterest?!
Cool
ScrappinGwen Offline
#133 Posted : Monday, September 30, 2013 1:39:29 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

lucky you Robin getting the "other" cutter! I too love seeing all the cut files out there for that cutter or the stamp companies having files to cut out their stamp images. I do not have that cutter though. I just like wishing and looking.

CricutJunky, how do you lose a scorepal? That's pretty big! lol or is it the smaller sized one?

But don't feel alone, I just realized yesterday that I've lost a brand new sizzix die that I was planning on using in the Halloween swap and this swap. I wasted hours looking high and low with no luck yet. I just can't believe I could throw away a big die like that....but I'm beginning to fear the worst. Makes me sick cuz it was one of the more expensive ones too! Naturally...

But if that isn't bad enough, my son broke his ankle in 3 places at work last night and has surgery Friday. SO been a long day here getting him situated with all that dr. appt. stuff and meds. My daughter actually sat with him and transported him. But it was just all a confusing mess and a lot of phone calls and texts back and forth. I'm whipped but not half as much as those two are! Poor kid....last thing he needed right now!
planlady19 Online
#134 Posted : Monday, September 30, 2013 5:06:40 PM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

Was thanked: 285 time(s) in 267 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ScrappinGwen Go to Quoted Post
lucky you Robin getting the "other" cutter! I too love seeing all the cut files out there for that cutter or the stamp companies having files to cut out their stamp images. I do not have that cutter though. I just like wishing and looking.

CricutJunky, how do you lose a scorepal? That's pretty big! lol or is it the smaller sized one?

But don't feel alone, I just realized yesterday that I've lost a brand new sizzix die that I was planning on using in the Halloween swap and this swap. I wasted hours looking high and low with no luck yet. I just can't believe I could throw away a big die like that....but I'm beginning to fear the worst. Makes me sick cuz it was one of the more expensive ones too! Naturally...

But if that isn't bad enough, my son broke his ankle in 3 places at work last night and has surgery Friday. SO been a long day here getting him situated with all that dr. appt. stuff and meds. My daughter actually sat with him and transported him. But it was just all a confusing mess and a lot of phone calls and texts back and forth. I'm whipped but not half as much as those two are! Poor kid....last thing he needed right now!

OUCH Gwen hope things go better for you the rest of the week. I know about losing something. I have been looking for a pack of paper for a week now. I know I got it but where it went to I have no clue. If it was a 12 x 12 it would help. I am sure it is staring me in the face somewhere in one of my two rooms. LOL

COB sounds like you had a wonderful time. We have outdoor things to do here also. The weather is so nice right now hope it holds out. With only 1 day a week off to do outside work have to really hustle to get it done. I have set a schedule for myself so I can make sure to get things done. Now just to make sure I stick to it. I set a reward for myself after the first of the year if I do good. So incentive helps.

Terri
Lori fromTx Offline
#135 Posted : Monday, September 30, 2013 10:31:37 PM(UTC)
Lori fromTx

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Originally Posted by: DonnaSchnees Go to Quoted Post

I was looking a Forever Young cartridge has a few purses. Idk if they are what you have in mind but they might work you.

1 user thanked Lori fromTx for this useful post.
Kiethann Offline
#136 Posted : Tuesday, October 01, 2013 8:16:38 AM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States
Location: master questionair page 16 post 465 new MQ page 1 post 6

Was thanked: 744 time(s) in 567 post(s)
Sorry to hear about your son's fractured ankle and hope your son heals fast.

I am so glad there are others who are having some challenges with this SWAP. I have attempted three directives and so far only one has turned out the way I wanted it to. Will keep persevering though. SIGH
ScrappinGwen Offline
#137 Posted : Tuesday, October 01, 2013 8:23:34 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

I guess you all will just have to look at the positive side of re-working some of your ideas and attempts - Just think of all the experience you are gaining and will now know what works better for you! lol

Swaps are a great learning experience! lol Just don't get too frustrated! I promise that when you are least expecting it, your idea will develop into a perfect project and you will be very pleased with yourself.
Kiethann Offline
#138 Posted : Tuesday, October 01, 2013 8:27:43 AM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Gwen thank you so much for your picker upper.
cricutjunky Offline
#139 Posted : Tuesday, October 01, 2013 8:52:03 AM(UTC)
cricutjunky

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 111 post(s)
Robin I have the "other" cutter too, but haven't used it much, I just love my cricut!

Gwen I don't know how I could loose a ScorPal, it's the big one, I'm having to use a ruler and a bone folder, just not the same, my lines aren't as pretty and I don't like that. Oh sorry to hear about the broken Ankle, Dang that must have hurt so bad!! My son broke all three of his middle toes (don't ask me how) and that meant a few trips to the doctor but thank God no surgery!! Hope it all turns out well!

Yes Robin Pintrest sucks you in! it's so addictive thats why I try to stay off of there, I think I have like 500 things pinned.
ScrappinGwen Offline
#140 Posted : Tuesday, October 01, 2013 8:58:53 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Originally Posted by: Kiethann Go to Quoted Post
Gwen thank you so much for your picker upper.

You are welcome! and like Jean always says...just set it aside for a couple of days then come back to it with a fresh outlook. Seems to help or seems to clear your head enough to look at it and realize what you missed.
ScrappinGwen Offline
#141 Posted : Tuesday, October 01, 2013 9:05:58 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

as for losing your big scor pal....

It either must be mixed in with big paper pads or it must have slid down between the wall and desk or shelf or whatever piece of furniture? But I could see it blending in with a pile of paper pads.

It will show up eventually, I'm sure! lol But frustrating!
Jen Offline
#142 Posted : Tuesday, October 01, 2013 10:56:21 AM(UTC)
Jen

Was thanked: 157 time(s) in 110 post(s)
Checking in. Hope every one is doing well.

COB sounds like you had a nice time. We enjoy the fall and out door activities as well, especially at the campground.

Gwen sorry to hear about your son. Hope he recovers quickly.

Cricutjunky I too have lost my scor pal in the past. I found it mixed in with the papers like Gwen mentioned - lol.

RickinRobin1 I have the other machine too. I use them both about equally and can't say I like one better of the other. Love my cartridges and just bought a new CTMH cartridge. Love being able to also download a single cut at midnight as well.

Kiethann I think a lot of us have been there. The plus side is starting on time or early allows us to pace ourselves and regroup if need be.

Lori from Tx, there are a few purses also on Tags, Bags, Boxes and More (both 1 & 2) as well as the CTMH cartridges. I have also made one from a 12 x 12 piece of paper before. I will look for the tutorial and post here if I can find it.
KelleyRooks Offline
#143 Posted : Tuesday, October 01, 2013 12:38:40 PM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

Was thanked: 529 time(s) in 432 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Jen Go to Quoted Post
Checking in. Hope every one is doing well.

COB sounds like you had a nice time. We enjoy the fall and out door activities as well, especially at the campground.

Gwen sorry to hear about your son. Hope he recovers quickly.

Cricutjunky I too have lost my scor pal in the past. I found it mixed in with the papers like Gwen mentioned - lol.

RickinRobin1 I have the other machine too. I use them both about equally and can't say I like one better of the other. Love my cartridges and just bought a new CTMH cartridge. Love being able to also download a single cut at midnight as well.

Kiethann I think a lot of us have been there. The plus side is starting on time or early allows us to pace ourselves and regroup if need be.

Lori from Tx, there are a few purses also on Tags, Bags, Boxes and More (both 1 & 2) as well as the CTMH cartridges. I have also made one from a 12 x 12 piece of paper before. I will look for the tutorial and post here if I can find it.

The purse you made me last year Jen was AWESOME. Was that the one from a 12 x 12? I still have it on my desk.
Jen Offline
#144 Posted : Wednesday, October 02, 2013 4:59:47 AM(UTC)
Jen

Aww Kelley glad you liked it so much. Yes that was the purse. Here is the link for the purse. Check out the video gallery for the purse made from a 12 x 12 sheet of paper and embeliishments http://stampingwithmichelled.typepad.com/my-blog/ You do not need a cartridge and the finished purse is a good size. Here is the purse I made Kelly

Edited by user Wednesday, October 02, 2013 7:35:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Jen attached the following image(s):
2012 kellys purse.png
 1 user thanked Jen for this useful post.
bklynborn Offline
#145 Posted : Wednesday, October 02, 2013 5:22:31 AM(UTC)
bklynborn

United States

Was thanked: 139 time(s) in 132 post(s)
morning everyone.

jen. beautiful purse

cob. glad u had a wonderful time on the cape. another fav of mine. would make the trip at least 3 times a year.

have a crafty day everyone.

hello to both of my partners.

bb
ScrappinGwen Offline
#146 Posted : Wednesday, October 02, 2013 5:25:06 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

I couldn't get that purse link to work. Says broken link....

But I did figure out her blog and purse page eventually. lol

http://stampingwithmiche...lles-video-gallery-.html

Edited by user Wednesday, October 02, 2013 5:30:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked ScrappinGwen for this useful post.
Jen Offline
#147 Posted : Wednesday, October 02, 2013 7:36:56 AM(UTC)
Jen

Thanks Gwen. I fixed the typo in the link as well.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 02, 2013 7:37:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

KelleyRooks Offline
#148 Posted : Wednesday, October 02, 2013 7:47:08 AM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

Was thanked: 529 time(s) in 432 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Jen Go to Quoted Post
Aww Kelley glad you liked it so much. Yes that was the purse. Here is the link for the purse. Check out the video gallery for the purse made from a 12 x 12 sheet of paper and http://stampingwithmiche...my-blog/embellishments. You do not need a cartridge and the finished purse is a good size. Here is the purse I made Kelly

I know I am not a part of this swap, so I hope you don't mind me popping in. I have to say that Jen really took the time to make the items she made me special. The purse is a really good example. On the purse that Jen made for me there are all kinds of little touches to make it special. For the holes she just didn't punch holes, she used eyelets for a more finished look and to make it more durable. All the creases were sharp and spot on. She used chain instead of ribbon for the handles. She used a paper line I love (G45) along with Black cardstock for the top to give it a more polished look. Also the clasp is wonderful. The edge is embossed for extra detail, there is a velcro closure, and there is a really nice embellishment to really make it look finished. This goes to show that just taking a little extra time, and a little extra materials goes a long way. I still cherish the items she made for me in that swap.
CraftyOldBat Offline
#149 Posted : Wednesday, October 02, 2013 8:16:43 AM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States
Location: Massachusetts MQ Pg 9 Post # 247 Swap Questionnaire Pg 1 Post #8

Was thanked: 414 time(s) in 344 post(s)
I got one from Jen too!BigGrin
CraftyOldBat attached the following image(s):
050613 015.JPG
Kiethann Offline
#150 Posted : Wednesday, October 02, 2013 8:36:44 AM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Thanks for the website. Looks pretty easy to construct the purses. Finally finished two of the directives and working on a third! May have to redo one of them, not for sure yet.