Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

24 Pages«<45678>»
JeanP Offline
#151 Posted : Wednesday, October 02, 2013 8:48:11 AM(UTC)
JeanP

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 919 time(s) in 744 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ScrappinGwen Go to Quoted Post
I couldn't get that purse link to work. Says broken link....

But I did figure out her blog and purse page eventually. lol

http://stampingwithmiche...lles-video-gallery-.html

Okay so bear with me here BUT what do you do with this purse? Is it just to use like a box and put things into it? I am sure you don't carry it around with youLOL

I am asking because I am to a point that I can't see getting stuff that is of no use. I have so much STUFF in my house that it would take forever to get rid of it all. I am slowing going thru closets, drawers etc. I have way more stiff than a person needs. I am not just talking about crafting stuff either.BigGrin There is stuff in my attic that has been there for 40 years or more. No need to save it all this time.

motherloves3 Offline
#152 Posted : Wednesday, October 02, 2013 8:54:32 AM(UTC)
motherloves3

Canada

Was thanked: 310 time(s) in 186 post(s)
Good morning from BC, Canada where is has been raining for days!! I have been working on my directives and checking out lots of videos on new techniques to use.BigGrin

Gwen, sorry to hear about your son and hope he is feeling better soon.
I fell off a step stool in my craft room yesterday (broke the stool)Blushing and got a minor concussion, so taking it a bit easy today! That is what happens when I throw myself into my crafting!!LOL

Jen, I love the purses. I think I will make one for my granddaughter for her Christmas gift this year! BigGrin

Keithann, I am redoing one of my directives because I wasn't happy with the way it turned out. Sad

Have a great day!
Jen Offline
#153 Posted : Wednesday, October 02, 2013 9:00:22 AM(UTC)
Jen

Was thanked: 157 time(s) in 110 post(s)
Jean, No it is not useable as a purse per say as it is paper. When I swap I like to create unique packaging for most items that I include. Some times it is part of the directive such as a box for cards. But it also adds a personal touch to a bought item from a wish list.
KelleyRooks Offline
#154 Posted : Wednesday, October 02, 2013 10:20:41 AM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

Was thanked: 529 time(s) in 432 post(s)
Originally Posted by: JeanP Go to Quoted Post
Okay so bear with me here BUT what do you do with this purse? Is it just to use like a box and put things into it? I am sure you don't carry it around with youLOL

I am asking because I am to a point that I can't see getting stuff that is of no use. I have so much STUFF in my house that it would take forever to get rid of it all. I am slowing going thru closets, drawers etc. I have way more stiff than a person needs. I am not just talking about crafting stuff either.BigGrin There is stuff in my attic that has been there for 40 years or more. No need to save it all this time.

To answer your question Jean, I use it as a pretty piggy bank actually. I put in loose change and extra cash in it. When it gets full, I just deposit the dough into the bank and try to fill it again. (I don't let it get overstuffed as I don't want it to tear) So it serves as an organizational purpose, and looks pretty too.
JeanP Offline
#155 Posted : Wednesday, October 02, 2013 6:24:43 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Originally Posted by: Jen Go to Quoted Post
Jean, No it is not useable as a purse per say as it is paper. When I swap I like to create unique packaging for most items that I include. Some times it is part of the directive such as a box for cards. But it also adds a personal touch to a bought item from a wish list.

Thanks Jen. I thought it would be nice as the packagingBigGrin

JeanP Offline
#156 Posted : Wednesday, October 02, 2013 6:25:59 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Originally Posted by: KelleyRooks Go to Quoted Post
To answer your question Jean, I use it as a pretty piggy bank actually. I put in loose change and extra cash in it. When it gets full, I just deposit the dough into the bank and try to fill it again. (I don't let it get overstuffed as I don't want it to tear) So it serves as an organizational purpose, and looks pretty too.

That's a cool idea!!!!!!!
Now where did I put that tin someone altered for meBigGrin BigGrin

1 user thanked JeanP for this useful post.
KelleyRooks on 10/2/2013(UTC)
KelleyRooks Offline
#157 Posted : Wednesday, October 02, 2013 7:46:06 PM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

Was thanked: 529 time(s) in 432 post(s)
That's a cool idea!!!!!!!
Now where did I put that tin someone altered for meBigGrin BigGrin

I try to find an immediate use for things as I get them so they don't get put in a corner. For example the little box that Jen made me I use to put hardware in when I take apart a box to paint/alter so I don't loose the pieces.

K
CMC56 Offline
#158 Posted : Thursday, October 03, 2013 10:12:34 AM(UTC)
CMC56

United States

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 41 post(s)
Kelley that's a good idea. I too like to find uses for things as soon as I receive, if not they just get stored away. Gwynne sorry to hear about your son. I hope he is on the mend.
I am going on a retreat with the girlfriends next Thursday thru Monday. Hope to get a lot done on this swap. I am behind because a couple things did not work out the way I envisioned them. Onward and upward I go.

Cheryl

Edited by user Thursday, October 03, 2013 10:13:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

beetlebugmart Offline
#159 Posted : Thursday, October 03, 2013 6:57:09 PM(UTC)
beetlebugmart

United States

Was thanked: 192 time(s) in 122 post(s)
Finishing up the Halloween swap and then going to start on this one. I hope I have enough info on my SS to get some ideas!
ScrappinGwen Online
#160 Posted : Friday, October 04, 2013 7:36:08 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Was thanked: 756 time(s) in 598 post(s)
The following need to check in by Monday, Oct. 7th please so that we can all start off on same time line for checking in every 2 weeks please: Thank you!

AmyLendall - last post Sept. 26

LorifromTx - last post Sept. 23

SharlenesCrafts - last post Sept. 25

CandyHazzard - last post Sept. 25, checked in Oct 4

Scrapin*Creations - last post Sept. 26, checked in Oct 4

Edited by user Friday, October 04, 2013 6:19:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CraftyOldBat Offline
#161 Posted : Friday, October 04, 2013 7:43:50 AM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States

Was thanked: 408 time(s) in 340 post(s)
I have all but 4 of the directives decided upon but I like to save a couple for near the end or I always think of something and wished I would've done "that" instead..

Started gesso-ing last night but I've yet to decide what paper lines to use..

It's funny to be thinking Christmas while surrounded by Halloween!
JeanP Offline
#162 Posted : Friday, October 04, 2013 10:23:12 AM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Originally Posted by: CraftyOldBat Go to Quoted Post
I have all but 4 of the directives decided upon but I like to save a couple for near the end or I always think of something and wished I would've done "that" instead..

I always think of something AFTER I am doneLOL LOL

Edited by user Friday, October 04, 2013 4:54:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

RockinRobin1 Offline
#163 Posted : Friday, October 04, 2013 12:34:06 PM(UTC)
RockinRobin1

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 1231 time(s) in 668 post(s)

Best way to get rid of "stuff"....MOVE!!! I've moved so many times, things do have time to hang around too long.LOL LOL LOL

Gwen, I'm sorry to hear about your son. I hope his surgery went well.

CricutJunky, if you have a paper cutter (like the Fiskars one), then you can line up your paper and put the bone folder between the part that holds your paper down. Or you can get the new SU one from me, it has a cutting blade and a creasing blade, plus the base is now larger (6" as opposed to 4 1/2" wide) and it has a compartment on the bottom for storing additional blades and bone folder.BigGrin
Scrapin*Creations Offline
#164 Posted : Friday, October 04, 2013 2:01:15 PM(UTC)
Scrapin*Creations

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 148 time(s) in 95 post(s)
Finishing up the Halloween Swap ... have more ideas for this swap and while looking for something in my scrap studio I found _____________________ which will be perfect for this swap.

Gwynne, hope your son is doing better.

Hope everyone has a great weekend,
Ali
CandyHazzard Offline
#165 Posted : Friday, October 04, 2013 5:27:37 PM(UTC)
CandyHazzard

Canada

Was thanked: 191 time(s) in 171 post(s)
Haven't really started on this one yet, need to get Halloween in the mail, then I'll start on this one
CraftyOldBat Offline
#166 Posted : Saturday, October 05, 2013 9:46:13 AM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States

Happy Saturday Secret Sis!

Headin' out to Js, really just "need" paper, but I might find something for you too! Lots of stuff on sale AND I have a coupon...BigGrin
ScrappinGwen Online
#167 Posted : Saturday, October 05, 2013 11:26:33 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

I just posted a new question per request.

This is not meant to make anyone feel like they need to buy something super expensive for their SS. Certain match ups in this swap just may find it as much fun to buy one special item instead of a few $2-3 dollar items.

So if you have something extra special you've been wishing for....now is the time to speak up!

Remember, there are usually awesome bargains this time of year and especially on Black Friday!

Edited by user Saturday, October 05, 2013 11:32:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

bklynborn Offline
#168 Posted : Saturday, October 05, 2013 11:59:03 AM(UTC)
bklynborn

United States

Was thanked: 134 time(s) in 128 post(s)
checking in for the week.

I really have to think about question 14
CraftyOldBat Offline
#169 Posted : Saturday, October 05, 2013 9:18:53 PM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States

Happy Saturday Secret Sis!

Headin' out to Js, really just "need" paper, but I might find something for you too! Lots of stuff on sale AND I have a coupon...BigGrin

Well that didn't happen; must be hospital week, the rest of you be careful out there because things always happen in threes...

I do have a kind of funny story but it'll have to wait until I get some sleep. I'm not so sure I'll be going back to Js anytime soon Blushing LOL

CandyHazzard Offline
#170 Posted : Sunday, October 06, 2013 5:54:59 AM(UTC)
CandyHazzard

Canada

Was thanked: 191 time(s) in 171 post(s)
Oh, Sharon, what did you do BigGrin BigGrin

I'm up to date on all the questions.
CraftyOldBat Offline
#171 Posted : Sunday, October 06, 2013 7:16:02 AM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States

It started out as a great day. Mom was up early and chipper and raring to go. We had breakfast, perused the ad & made a list, she watched 102 Dalmations while I got ready and I gave her some milk and a muffin just before we left so she wouldn't get hungry while we were out. Filled our water bottles for the trip so she wouldn't get dehydrated; we went to Js, no traffic, zipped right down, meandered around for about an hour, Mom found some random lady who put things in our cart for her that she could use to "learn to crochet". Obviously the woman had no idea that she has Alzheimer's and can't do that but I rolled with it figuring maybe I'd learn even if she didn't. I found some single sheets of paper that were PERFECT for the item I started, grabbed 3 pkgs of red cdstk for cards thinking it'd get me through Christmas & Valentine's for CFS, picked up a couple items I needed for the Timmy class starting tomorrow, some Halloween paper I'd been waiting for, jars for Mom's paints, adhesive I was out of and a few other odds and ends. Everything was on sale AND I had a coupon for 20%$ off the sale prices; I was so happy! We got into line to pay and only one person ahead of us, I was blown away at how quick and easy everything had been. I'm telling Mom we could stop at the big Dollar Tree on the way home bc she wanted wreath forms when I noticed she looked kinda funny...

To be con't.

ScrappinGwen Online
#172 Posted : Sunday, October 06, 2013 7:50:34 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

oh no Sharon.....my mind is not painting a pretty picture to the rest of the story!
bklynborn Offline
#173 Posted : Sunday, October 06, 2013 10:31:48 AM(UTC)
bklynborn

United States

hoping your mom is ok.
ScrappinGwen Online
#174 Posted : Sunday, October 06, 2013 4:17:42 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

The following need to check in by Monday, Oct. 7th please so that we can all start off on same time line for checking in every 2 weeks please: Thank you!

AmyLendall - last post Sept. 26, checked in Oct. 8th

LorifromTx - last post Sept. 23, checked in Oct. 8th

SharlenesCrafts - last post Sept. 25, removed as no check in in any swaps

I expect Amy to check in any time as the Halloween swap is soon due too which she is in.

I have emailed Lori just in case she's having issues with MB. Or, maybe she's been away this past week as I also snail mailed her something that she has not responded to yet either. So that makes me think there is a good reason why she's not been logged on the MB for several days.

I've contacted an angel about stepping in for Sharlene as she's not looking too promising - not having checked in to any of the many swaps she joined all at the same time.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 08, 2013 7:07:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

planlady19 Offline
#175 Posted : Sunday, October 06, 2013 4:32:33 PM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

Was thanked: 281 time(s) in 264 post(s)
It started out as a great day. Mom was up early and chipper and raring to go. We had breakfast, perused the ad & made a list, she watched 102 Dalmations while I got ready and I gave her some milk and a muffin just before we left so she wouldn't get hungry while we were out. Filled our water bottles for the trip so she wouldn't get dehydrated; we went to Js, no traffic, zipped right down, meandered around for about an hour, Mom found some random lady who put things in our cart for her that she could use to "learn to crochet". Obviously the woman had no idea that she has Alzheimer's and can't do that but I rolled with it figuring maybe I'd learn even if she didn't. I found some single sheets of paper that were PERFECT for the item I started, grabbed 3 pkgs of red cdstk for cards thinking it'd get me through Christmas & Valentine's for CFS, picked up a couple items I needed for the Timmy class starting tomorrow, some Halloween paper I'd been waiting for, jars for Mom's paints, adhesive I was out of and a few other odds and ends. Everything was on sale AND I had a coupon for 20%$ off the sale prices; I was so happy! We got into line to pay and only one person ahead of us, I was blown away at how quick and easy everything had been. I'm telling Mom we could stop at the big Dollar Tree on the way home bc she wanted wreath forms when I noticed she looked kinda funny...

To be con't.

Sharon I hope that this has a better ending thing what we think it does. Sad Sad Sad

Today was my 34th wedding anny and so we went to dinner, did a little clothes shopping which I hate but have a conference next week so i needed a couple of things and then came home to just chill out..

Hope everyone has a great week.

Terri
DonnaSchnees Offline
#176 Posted : Sunday, October 06, 2013 6:36:50 PM(UTC)
DonnaSchnees

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 114 post(s)
JCI. I do not have to work next weekend and no school on Monday. So I will be crafting awayBigGrin
CraftyOldBat Offline
#177 Posted : Sunday, October 06, 2013 6:45:36 PM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States

Yea so her face was really taut and she was holding her mouth open wide, not normal, I asked if she was OK and she said she was really hot. I removed her sweater and noticed she was REALLY sweaty.. Quick scanned the room for a bench or chair and there was none, looked back and she'd let go of the basket and her hands were shaking pretty hard so I told her to hang back on then almost instantaneously all the color drained from her face, she said she needed to throw up and down she went. Luckily I was right there and caught her so I eased her down and she didn't hit her head but she was out cold.

In my head I'm kinda freaking out but out of my mouth I holler I NEED HELP OVER HERE, SOMEONE HELP ME" Well I'm on the floor focused on her, not looking around but in my peripheral vision I can see feet & legs walking away from us?? Naturally I'm thinking wtf is wrong with these people, why are they going the wrong way?? So w/o thinking first I yell DON'T IGNORE ME, GET YOUR ASSES OVER HERE AND HELP, WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!? LOL LOL LOL Geez what a b*tch I am LOL LOL LOL

It didn't occur to me until afterwards what I'd said (and HOW I'd said it) and every time I think about it I can't stop laughing. EVERYBODY came over to help then thoughLOL LOL

So mom's doing okay for now, she came to after a couple minutes and slowly came back to relatively normal. I had them call 911 and I spent several hours in the ER til they finally admitted her. She's scheduled to have a pacemaker put in tomorrow or Tuesday depending on whether or not they get emergencies. It should go fine but any little prayers are more than welcome. I had to revert to my bi*ch persona a couple times in advocating for her but that's a part of the job that I'm good at...
bklynborn Offline
#178 Posted : Sunday, October 06, 2013 7:35:50 PM(UTC)
bklynborn

United States

glad your mom is where she needs to be, and will be getting the help she needs. will be keeping u and mom in my thoughts and prayers.

bb
Jen Offline
#179 Posted : Sunday, October 06, 2013 7:47:20 PM(UTC)
Jen

Was thanked: 157 time(s) in 110 post(s)
Checking in. Had a nice Saturday with my daughter doing a little splurge shopping. I treated both of us to a new coach purse. She is getting married 12/13/14 so we also managed to pick up coach wristlets for the maid of honor and bridesmaids as her gift to them. They can use them for the wedding as well. One thing for sure is I can not shop like I used to. Between yesterday and today when I did a couple returns I hand had to come home and take a nap - lol.

COB - how scary for you and your mom. I will keep you both in my thoughts.

I answered the newest question on my original answers page.
Kiethann Offline
#180 Posted : Monday, October 07, 2013 8:54:50 AM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Was thanked: 679 time(s) in 518 post(s)
OH COB. sure glad your mother is doing better. WOW you needed some help and you let everyone know about it. Quick thinking.

Any how, I am checking in. spent most of the day yesterday visiting the grandkids (son gets his daughter on Sunday's for about 6 hours) son lives with him. They decorated foam pumpkins from a kit, made some jack-o-lanterns from Styrofoam pumpkins, made bead bracelets,....err well I ended up finishing both of them. Decorated Halloween cookies, and then they made three cards a piece. Of course out came the camera and I made some more memories!

Now just need to get back in the groove and continue working on this swap and other projects.

HOPE EVERYONE enjoyed their weekend.

Question 14 answered under my original question post.

Edited by user Monday, October 07, 2013 9:04:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: added information