Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

15 Pages«<1011121314>»
ScrappinGwen Offline
#331 Posted : Thursday, February 27, 2014 5:02:00 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 658 time(s) in 537 post(s)
Maria! I can't believe you took the time to unhook each month and attach the next month so you could take pictures of each month hanging from the stand! lol You silly thing! That was time consuming!

You take great pictures! Makes a difference when you set up that "white" boxed area!

It was my pleasure having you as my partner and enjoy it all!

And now to patiently wait for more boxes to start arriving! This is always best part of swap - seeing all of our interpretations of the directives!

Edited by user Thursday, February 27, 2014 9:56:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CandyHazzard Offline
#332 Posted : Thursday, February 27, 2014 6:28:49 AM(UTC)
CandyHazzard

Canada

Was thanked: 183 time(s) in 167 post(s)
I've been lurking this swap ... love the calendar Gwynne ... where did you get the stand?
ScrappinGwen Offline
#333 Posted : Thursday, February 27, 2014 7:25:22 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

I actually bought that stand a few years ago at Taylored Expressions but I see they still do sell them. They are now rather pricey with the added expense of shipping too. I'm so glad I bought 2 way back then! lol

I might as well let the cat out of the bag now that I thought we'd do a TH themed calendar swap later this summer. Along same lines as a recipe swap, I guess you could say. But you would end up with a 2015 Calendar instead of a recipe book.

Not sure if it would be groups of 6 and each person would choose 2 months, making 6 of each.

Or a group of 12 and each person would choose 1 month and make up 12 copies to send to hostess to sort and return back to everyone.

My thoughts were we would start it early enough to get it out of the way before the chaos of holiday swaps, so that everyone would have the set back to use as a gift if they so choose.

It would be your own responsibility to buy the calendar stand or just prop the month on an easle, as a cheap alternative.

I haven't looked to see if 2015 small calendars are available to print out yet. I actually think I would print them out and mail to each of you so that I know we all have identical printouts.

So it's something to tuck away in the back of your mind as you study TH techniques and projects and wish upon his products and start to create a calendar page in your mind.

Another requirement would be perfectly square 6x6 chipboard, not cereal board. Something else to seek out or add to an order when you are placing an order or trying to spend enough to get free shipping.

JeanP Offline
#334 Posted : Thursday, February 27, 2014 8:39:30 AM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Was thanked: 826 time(s) in 679 post(s)
Nice job on ALL the items you made for Maria, Gwynne!!!!!!

Seeing as how she didn't say No Dibbs, I'll take the calendar pleaseBigGrin

JeanP Offline
#335 Posted : Thursday, February 27, 2014 8:40:34 AM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Originally Posted by: ScrappinGwen Go to Quoted Post
I actually bought that stand a few years ago at Taylored Expressions but I see they still do sell them. They are now rather pricey with the added expense of shipping too. I'm so glad I bought 2 way back then! lol

I might as well let the cat out of the bag now that I thought we'd do a TH themed calendar swap later this summer. Along same lines as a recipe swap, I guess you could say. But you would end up with a 2015 Calendar instead of a recipe book.

Not sure if it would be groups of 6 and each person would choose 2 months, making 6 of each.

Or a group of 12 and each person would choose 1 month and make up 12 copies to send to hostess to sort and return back to everyone.

My thoughts were we would start it early enough to get it out of the way before the chaos of holiday swaps, so that everyone would have the set back to use as a gift if they so choose.

It would be your own responsibility to buy the calendar stand or just prop the month on an easle, as a cheap alternative.

I haven't looked to see if 2015 small calendars are available to print out yet. I actually think I would print them out and mail to each of you so that I know we all have identical printouts.

So it's something to tuck away in the back of your mind as you study TH techniques and projects and wish upon his products and start to create a calendar page in your mind.

Another requirement would be perfectly square 6x6 chipboard, not cereal board. Something else to seek out or add to an order when you are placing an order or trying to spend enough to get free shipping.

Sounds good to me!!!!!

maria2193 Offline
#336 Posted : Thursday, February 27, 2014 11:09:50 AM(UTC)
maria2193

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 115 post(s)

Gwynne, you can already count me in for that one, lol!

Originally Posted by: JeanP Go to Quoted Post
Nice job on ALL the items you made for Maria, Gwynne!!!!!!

Seeing as how she didn't say No Dibbs, I'll take the calendar pleaseBigGrin

Jean, you almost had me, thought it didn't post it (with my head in the clouds), but I did say no dibbs on my last post before the pics, hahaha...nice try though, hehe!!!BigGrin

JeanP Offline
#337 Posted : Thursday, February 27, 2014 5:26:09 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Originally Posted by: maria2193 Go to Quoted Post
Gwynne, you can already count me in for that one, lol!

Jean, you almost had me, thought it didn't post it (with my head in the clouds), but I did say no dibbs on my last post before the pics, hahaha...nice try though, hehe!!!BigGrin

LOL It was worth a try LOL

ksqueenb Offline
#338 Posted : Thursday, February 27, 2014 7:14:59 PM(UTC)
ksqueenb

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 327 time(s) in 217 post(s)
Maria what an awesome haulLove I love it all but I really like that calendar.

Gwynne great job.

LoriSjogren Offline
#339 Posted : Friday, February 28, 2014 2:01:52 PM(UTC)
LoriSjogren

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2543 time(s) in 1500 post(s)
Gwynne, you did a wonderful job! That calendar is awesome :) Maria, you are a lucky lady.
croppin4funn Offline
#340 Posted : Friday, February 28, 2014 4:38:07 PM(UTC)
croppin4funn

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 91 post(s)
[img=girls]girls[/img]
Hi ladies!!!!!! Wow I cant believe its been over two years since I had to leave dur to family issues.
Well ladies, the pic is why I left, these are my grandgirls and as of December 16th of this year, they have been with me and Jerry, my husband!
They are growing like weeds and we are so blessed to be able to care for them. When they came Lily was only 11 months and need I saw I had my hands full! Shes 3 now and Riley is 6 and what a joy they are. I miss you all so much and I am working my way into getting back in the swaps with you guys! Blessing to you all!!!!!

Edited by user Friday, February 28, 2014 4:44:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

croppin4funn attached the following image(s):
1512740_717637471594437_1879739905_n.jpg
ScrappinGwen Offline
#341 Posted : Friday, February 28, 2014 4:41:21 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

thank you everyone for the compliments!

I just thought it was pretty cool how I could find TH products that worked perfectly for each month's theme I wanted to go with. Not that I had to go with Halloween or Christmas, etc. but it sure was a great way to use these products I've invested in. It was like a puzzle game to me - looking at what I have on hand and how I could incorporate it into a month, and figuring out which month. Right up my alley - was like figuring out a puzzle...

Plus it was more fun or less stressful to try a technique and have a larger area to work on as opposed to his usual way of 12 months of tags. I just expanded on all his teachings!

Ya gotta Love Tim!

I just read on a blog today about how the first time this blogger learned of Tim was that he was on one of the shopping channels, promoting his products, way back in 2004, I think she said! Look at how far he has come in 10 years! Just amazing what he's done for us all in this craft world!

ScrappinGwen Offline
#342 Posted : Friday, February 28, 2014 4:42:26 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Hey you! Catherine...

long time no see!

Super cute girls! I bet you keep busy doing scrapbook pages for them!

Edited by user Friday, February 28, 2014 4:46:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

croppin4funn Offline
#343 Posted : Friday, February 28, 2014 4:46:21 PM(UTC)
croppin4funn

Hi Gwynne!!!!! BigGrin
croppin4funn Offline
#344 Posted : Friday, February 28, 2014 4:47:48 PM(UTC)
croppin4funn

Yes they r my sons, its been along road and we are still on it. The girls are getting older so Im not as busy lol.
ScrappinGwen Offline
#345 Posted : Friday, February 28, 2014 4:52:49 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Well they are very lucky girls to have you and your husband there to help out and keep them safe!
Makes sense now why you had to stop crafting - 2 little ones coming into your life! lol

But sounds like you have survived! Congrats! lol

Yes, you would have fun doing some swapping again! Lots of new stuff going on these days though! lol Altering mousetraps last year.....who woulda thunk!
croppin4funn Offline
#346 Posted : Friday, February 28, 2014 5:02:44 PM(UTC)
croppin4funn

Im gonna lurk around for awhile and see what kind of beautiful things u all are making before i actually take the dive!!!!!!
LoriSjogren Offline
#347 Posted : Friday, February 28, 2014 6:11:14 PM(UTC)
LoriSjogren

United States

Lisa, I gotmmy box and I have been officially spoiled! It is all so W-O-N-D-E-R-F-U-L! I am going to wait for morning light to take pictures and do everything justice. WaIt til you see the canvas, ladies. No dibbs! No dibbs! No dibbs! No dibbs!
ScrappinGwen Offline
#348 Posted : Saturday, March 01, 2014 12:42:28 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Ohhhh, more pictures soon to be drooled over!

Terri also received her box from Jean but she's trying to stay one step ahead of the impending storm today, busy with work....so we will have to be patient today!

Hopefully both Lori and Terri will get their pictures posted by tomorrow evening!

It's looking like Titan is going to be mostly south of my area! So maybe an inch of snow for us! Phew! But oh I do feel so sorry for the rest of you that are going to get slammed instead!

We all are weary of the storms, the cold, the winter blues!

maria2193 Offline
#349 Posted : Saturday, March 01, 2014 2:47:04 PM(UTC)
maria2193

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 115 post(s)
Lori can't wait to see it!!!

Gwynne I have updated my blog with the awesomeness that I received from you! Thanks again! BigGrin
LoriSjogren Offline
#350 Posted : Saturday, March 01, 2014 4:44:32 PM(UTC)
LoriSjogren

United States

Hi, everyone! Feast your eyes on this:

And just in case, ya'll forgot: No Dibbs! BigGrin

Lisa, everything is just perfect. Thank you. I am so impressed you did a mixed media canvas.
ksqueenb Offline
#351 Posted : Saturday, March 01, 2014 4:57:19 PM(UTC)
ksqueenb

United States

I'm so glad you liked everything. I left two of the corners pretty open on the canvas thinking you could add pictures if you wanted and the ornate frames fit just about right in those areas.Wink

I had a blast making it all and had some much fun working with new techniques.Wub
JeanP Offline
#352 Posted : Saturday, March 01, 2014 5:49:33 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Nice Lisa!!!!!
Lori, did you say "no dibbs"? I want some of these things I am seeing being postedBigGrin BigGrin

Love the All American tag, the sewing tag and the canvas is beautiful and some nice goodies you added also.

It is too bad we can't all see everything from this swap in person!!!! Just might be a bit too hard to get us all in one place. LOL LOL

Things just look so much better in person plus you can really get a good idea of what was used for materials and techniques.

Terri did send me a p that she has received the box I sent her but is a little too busy to open it yet. I know she is super swamped recently with work so I understand.

Can't wait for more reveals.BigGrin BigGrin

Edited by user Saturday, March 01, 2014 5:52:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ScrappinGwen Offline
#353 Posted : Saturday, March 01, 2014 7:25:54 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Great job Lisa!

Now that I myself have learned and played with so many of TH's ideas, it's a lot more fun to study the other swap pictures to see what I can pick out. It puts a smile on my face!

It looks like the birdcage is where you lift off the metallic paint with the wet paper towel - correct? The birdcage is awesome looking! But are the SING letters those black plastic letters of his and you painted them up?

I like the patriotic tag too. And the mixed media canvas is wonderful! You did a great job with it!

Enjoy all the goodies too Lori!

ScrappinGwen Offline
#354 Posted : Saturday, March 01, 2014 7:36:28 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

I am having a GRRRR! moment this evening! lol

I'm working on this project for my sister that needs to be ready for her next Saturday....and wouldn't you know I have 3 (yes, only 3) strips left to punch and the dang punch has to break! lol It just couldn't wait until another month when it didn't matter and I could just choose a different punch! I've suspected it was going to break for over a year now...so I'm not surprised it finally happened, but good grief why did it have to happen this weekend?

And if that isn't bad enough....my car either has a muffler issue about to happen or something worse...so I really don't want to drive it out of town to get to a craft store! IT doesn't go in shop until Wednesday. Plus we might get snow tomorrow anyway. So didn't really want to make a trip to town for that reason and get stuck in a white out!

If I wait until Friday and then can't find the darn punch at the stores, I will just scream!

My excitement for the day....

planlady19 Offline
#355 Posted : Sunday, March 02, 2014 11:30:18 AM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

Was thanked: 274 time(s) in 257 post(s)
Ok Titan is here!!!! Just go away I am so tired of snow. Good thing we got all the work things out of the way yesterday as there is no way I am going out on the roads today.

Freezing rain this morning and now snow, snow and more snow. There is 2" already with a possible 6, 8 or more they are not sure. Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing

I got the most wonderful package from Jean and just a warning ladies. NO DIBBS!!!

Jean thank you for a great box.

Edited by user Sunday, March 02, 2014 11:35:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

planlady19 attached the following image(s):
DSCN1197.JPG
DSCN1199.JPG
DSCN1201.JPG
DSCN1202.JPG
DSCN1204.JPG
DSCN1205.JPG
DSCN1206.JPG
DSCN1207.JPG
DSCN1198.JPG
DSCN1203.JPG
ksqueenb Offline
#356 Posted : Sunday, March 02, 2014 11:34:36 AM(UTC)
ksqueenb

United States

Great job Lisa!

It looks like the birdcage is where you lift off the metallic paint with the wet paper towel - correct? The birdcage is awesome looking! But are the SING letters those black plastic letters of his and you painted them up?

I know what you mean about looking at the projects and breaking them down,it is kind of fun. You did very well.ThumpUp

The bird cage was the Eroded Metal technique, I just tried to patina underneath. The SING letters actually started out as Kraft Colored Resist instead of black and I used both paint and Distress Ink. The vertical lines on the mixed media canvas were his industrial sticker borders that I painted and inked as well.

I like the paint on them but I think the ink does a better job at highlighting the details so I combined both.
planlady19 Offline
#357 Posted : Sunday, March 02, 2014 11:36:46 AM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

more pictures. Some are out of order as they were not showing up so had to delete and redo.
DSCN1209.JPG
DSCN1210.JPG
DSCN1211.JPG
DSCN1213.JPG
DSCN1215.JPG
DSCN1216.JPG
DSCN1217.JPG
DSCN1218.JPG
ksqueenb Offline
#358 Posted : Sunday, March 02, 2014 11:37:49 AM(UTC)
ksqueenb

United States

Gwynne I know exactly what you mean about the punch. I had a border punch that I had to go buy
because it broke right in the middle of doing my neice's wedding invitations. They never seem
to break when you are just playing or doing a project when something else could workLOL
planlady19 Offline
#359 Posted : Sunday, March 02, 2014 11:40:32 AM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

this a really great project. LOVE THIS.

DSCN1222.JPG
DSCN1223.JPG
DSCN1224.JPG
DSCN1225.JPG
DSCN1226.JPG
ksqueenb Offline
#360 Posted : Sunday, March 02, 2014 11:43:12 AM(UTC)
ksqueenb

United States

Great job Jean. I see we were thinking along the same lines for the holiday tag.

Planlady are you sure I can't talk you out of the tool bucket? I love itLove