Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

15 Pages«<56789>»
ScrappinGwen Offline
#181 Posted : Thursday, December 12, 2013 7:35:07 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 711 time(s) in 575 post(s)
I'm just waiting to hear back from KSQueenB on email addy. She may have her swaps all completed and busy preparing for Christmas and not even log on for several days. Understandable.

Thanks to you others for sending me the info. I'll email you all soon so that you'll have my email addy and we will be on the same page just in case this MB continues to have problems for some.

I just want to also note here that I am considering this swap an above average swap and I trust you all will do your best and go above and beyond to send 8 special items to your partner.

With Tim having come out with his tutorials, etc. and with all the designer gals having step by step instructions on their blogs, there should be plenty of scraplifting for us all.

I plan on attempting some new things myself and hope you all challenge yourselves to do the same. It will be a good thing for us all to get out of our comfort zone and learn new things.

Anything Tim Holtz inspired is special in the crafting world this past couple of years and we can join that band wagon too!

Have a wonderful, relaxing Christmas and then we will start weekly check ins in January.

The Olympics start in February, which I love watching....so I need to pace myself in January to get as much done as possible before that starts airing! lol But I do know the DD will change to the second half of February to give us all ample time to create 8 nice directives.

2 users thanked ScrappinGwen for this useful post.
JeanP on 12/12/2013(UTC), maria2193 on 12/12/2013(UTC)
LoriSjogren Offline
#182 Posted : Saturday, December 14, 2013 5:32:15 PM(UTC)
LoriSjogren

United States

Was thanked: 2567 time(s) in 1520 post(s)
I started thinking about my projects... I might have to make doubles. One for me. One for KSQueenB. One for me. One for KSQuueenB...
BigGrin
ScrappinGwen Offline
#183 Posted : Saturday, December 14, 2013 7:45:30 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

We all may be feeling that way...making double! It really should be a fun swap for us all and a great learning experience too!
 1 user thanked ScrappinGwen for this useful post.
LoriSjogren on 12/17/2013(UTC)
planlady19 Offline
#184 Posted : Sunday, December 15, 2013 8:38:12 PM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

Was thanked: 277 time(s) in 260 post(s)
I am planning on watching a bunch of videos and seeing what I can learn for this swap.

Need to up my level of crafting. Time to start playing with new "toy". But have to wait until after Christmas.. Cursing Cursing

Terri
ksqueenb Online
#185 Posted : Sunday, December 15, 2013 10:03:54 PM(UTC)
ksqueenb

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 381 time(s) in 233 post(s)
I'm here and pm'd my info. Lori, I like the way you think. I might have to do the same myselfBigGrin
 1 user thanked ksqueenb for this useful post.
LoriSjogren on 12/17/2013(UTC)
JeanP Offline
#186 Posted : Monday, December 16, 2013 5:53:21 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Was thanked: 891 time(s) in 723 post(s)
I am with Terri on this one!!!! I plan on watching a bunch of videos and checking into a few blogs before I start. I do have some ideas jotted down but can't really do anything until after the holidays.
Of course I have some end of the year business stuff to take care of also so I am glad this swap has been extendedBigGrin
DeniseE Offline
#187 Posted : Thursday, December 19, 2013 9:38:54 PM(UTC)
DeniseE

United States

Was thanked: 327 time(s) in 300 post(s)
Just checking in....planning on starting this in January. I have some ideas. Hoping for craft money for Christmas....

My baby boy is going to be 15 on Tuesday the 24th. For the past 14 years he has always wanted a giant cookie for his cake, but he told me tonight, because he is having a few friends over, that it is time for a real cake. My baby is growing up, he always wanted just family and this year he invited 2 boys and 2 girls. So not ready for this.
Have to finish Christmas shopping this weekend.

Wishing all a wonderful weekend.

Denise
ksqueenb Online
#188 Posted : Sunday, December 22, 2013 7:13:29 PM(UTC)
ksqueenb

United States

I've been watching videos and more videos. What talent there is out there. I also am picking up some items along the way (not like I need anymore)LOL
maria2193 Offline
#189 Posted : Monday, December 23, 2013 9:23:15 AM(UTC)
maria2193

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 115 post(s)
It's very frustrating to log in on this site anymore, I have given up so many times and finally I am in.

JCI.. looking forward to seeing what everyone's take on Timmy will be, including my own, lol! This should be lots of fun!

WISHING EVERYONE A VERY SAFE AND HAPPY HOLIDAY!!!!!! BigGrin
ksqueenb Online
#190 Posted : Sunday, December 29, 2013 6:44:42 PM(UTC)
ksqueenb

United States

Hi all, Hope Everyone had a great Christmas.

Just thought I would pop in and let you all know that Joanns is having a 40% off Tim Holtz plus 10% off purchase until Jan 4 in case you need to stock up on anything Laugh
 1 user thanked ksqueenb for this useful post.
JeanP on 12/31/2013(UTC)
LoriSjogren Offline
#191 Posted : Sunday, December 29, 2013 9:46:08 PM(UTC)
LoriSjogren

United States

Originally Posted by: ksqueenb Go to Quoted Post
I've been watching videos and more videos. What talent there is out there. I also am picking up some items along the way (not like I need anymore)LOL

Been doing the same! There are some seriously cool ideas out there!!!!!
ScrappinGwen Offline
#192 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 6:55:45 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

We are back from our cruise! Had a wonderful time! And I didn't even put a single extra pound on! lol Just goes to prove that you can eat like a horse, as long as you stay active all day long... lol Cuz we certainly ate well the entire week!

We visited 3 islands - Puerto Rico, St. Marteens and St. Kitts. St. Marteens was the best and just beautiful!

It was hard to come home, for sure....back to this cold snowy weather!

But here I am! So time to finish up some stuff in my craft room and get ready to move on to this swap this next week.

Like all of you...I plan on watching and studying and seeing what I can come up with for Maria!

Our goal this swap should be to experiment with his techniques and products and see what we can come up with.

Happy New Year!
ScrappinGwen Offline
#193 Posted : Wednesday, January 01, 2014 9:04:58 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

January 1st has arrived and it's time to make this swap active and official!

Please note that I changed the DD to March 1st, a Saturday (easiest day for me to mail). So that gives us 2 full months to craft away for this swap. Should be ample time for each of you to do a super nice job for your partner and still enjoy watching American Idol or the Olympics or join another easy swap or two...

I would like everyone to check in this week to get us started off properly on check ins please. I see that some are still having issues with logging in, so if I don't hear from each of you, I will email you this week. After that, it will be your responsibility to check in on time or email me or text me. Please do not expect me to babysit you experienced swappers.

Also, I highly suggest that you start putting $2 away each week in an envie so that you will have enough money to mail out by the DD. Every year it seems that money issues arise right around tax season, paying off Christmas bills, winter heating bills, etc. for many....so I'm asking you to be smart and plan ahead for the mailing expense of this swap.

So please check in and state that you have read this post and are aware of the changed Due Date and agree to check in regularly with me and mail on time and will have money saved up to do so on time too!

Thanks!

JeanP Offline
#194 Posted : Wednesday, January 01, 2014 9:15:35 AM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Originally Posted by: ScrappinGwen Go to Quoted Post

Please note that I changed the DD to March 1st, a Saturday (easiest day for me to mail). So that gives us 2 full months to craft away for this swap. Should be ample time for each of you to do a super nice job for your partner and still enjoy watching American Idol or the Olympics or join another easy swap or two...

I would like everyone to check in this week to get us started off properly on check ins please. I see that some are still having issues with logging in, so if I don't hear from each of you, I will email you this week. After that, it will be your responsibility to check in on time or email me or text me. Please do not expect me to babysit you experienced swappers.

Also, I highly suggest that you start putting $2 away each week in an envie so that you will have enough money to mail out by the DD. Every year it seems that money issues arise right around tax season, paying off Christmas bills, winter heating bills, etc. for many....so I'm asking you to be smart and plan ahead for the mailing expense of this swap.

So please check in and state that you have read this post and are aware of the changed Due Date and agree to check in regularly with me and mail on time and will have money saved up to do so on time too!

Thanks!

I am here and have read the postBigGrin I promise to check in regularly, mail on time and have money saved up to do so.

I have most of my ideas and I am working on a couple today. Sure hope they work out okay. Trying new stuff is sometimes intimidatingLOL

ScrappinGwen Offline
#195 Posted : Wednesday, January 01, 2014 12:01:46 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Just received an email from Jeri (bklynborn). She can read posts, but can't log in so that she can posts.

Guess I'd better send out a mass email to everyone!
ksqueenb Online
#196 Posted : Wednesday, January 01, 2014 2:08:18 PM(UTC)
ksqueenb

United States

I have read and agree to comply with everythingBigGrin Love that you extended our due date to get some fantastic projects done.

Edited by user Wednesday, January 01, 2014 2:09:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: picked wrong post to quote - oops!

maria2193 Offline
#197 Posted : Wednesday, January 01, 2014 5:01:15 PM(UTC)
maria2193

Gwynne, sent you a txt, extended due date sounds good to me, been working on the swap, have some projects in progress...nice to know I have some extra time. I plan on checking in on a regular basis. Mailing will not be an issue for me, made all of my purchases...so full steam ahead, lol!

Happy crafting everyone!BigGrin
planlady19 Offline
#198 Posted : Wednesday, January 01, 2014 5:19:48 PM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

Originally Posted by: ScrappinGwen Go to Quoted Post

Thanks!

Gwen glad that you had a wonderful time. Just don't understand why you did not bottle some of that wonderful weather and bring back with you????Confused I am cleaning my craft room today and getting things in order, finding things I forgot I had.LOL LOL and getting ready to unpack my "other" Christmas present. I have watched a couple of videos and now just need to get things in order to make them happen. Hope everyone survives this latest round of snow and cold brrrrrr.

Terri
ScrappinGwen Offline
#199 Posted : Thursday, January 02, 2014 5:33:11 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Lori also checked in thru email. She's also having issues with logging in.

Her good news is that she's started on this swap and has 2 directives completed and wanted to share that here.

ScrappinGwen Offline
#200 Posted : Thursday, January 02, 2014 5:36:53 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

So the only one I've not heard from yet is Rita. But Debbie (beanie'smom) is her friend, living in same area, so we have back up there.

So looks like we are all on the same page and ready to get crafting!

Thanks everyone!
DeniseE Offline
#201 Posted : Thursday, January 02, 2014 5:54:35 AM(UTC)
DeniseE

United States

Was thanked: 327 time(s) in 300 post(s)
I read the email and will comply with the new ship date. Things are finally getting back to normal here. Youngest was hospitalized with pneumonia and is home from school until monday.

hope all had a great Holiday.

Denise
ScrappinGwen Offline
#202 Posted : Friday, January 03, 2014 4:38:04 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

I received a text from Rita today. She too is having issues with logging in to post.

If anyone needs an email addy to be able to correspond with your partner, have questions for them etc., just let me know.

LoriSjogren Offline
#203 Posted : Saturday, January 04, 2014 3:48:40 PM(UTC)
LoriSjogren

United States

Hi everyone! I finally got in! I tried a different browser. Gwynne, thank you so much for emailing me. As Gwynne reported I have finished two projects. I am working on more. We got snowed in yesterday so I got lots done!
Kiethann Offline
#204 Posted : Saturday, January 04, 2014 7:37:01 PM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Was thanked: 651 time(s) in 491 post(s)
Gwenn, if you would pass this on to those who are having difficulty logging in. When they get to the cricut.com home page 1. click on the little gear icon at the top of the screen. A window will drop down. 2. Click on compatibility viewing. there will be another window drop down towards the left side of the screen. You should see a box which reads add this website and just below it you will the cricut.com website address Click on add then close. If you do not clear your browser, you should be able to log in each time you get to the home page. I use explorer and have to do this each time I log in (that is only because I clear my browser each night).
 1 user thanked Kiethann for this useful post.
JeanP on 1/10/2014(UTC)
maria2193 Offline
#205 Posted : Thursday, January 09, 2014 9:52:31 AM(UTC)
maria2193

JCI...

I have been working steady on this swap, have several projects completed and a couple that I will need a bit of time on. Looking forward to seeing everyone's creations!!Smile
ScrappinGwen Offline
#206 Posted : Friday, January 10, 2014 6:07:27 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Good for you Maria! I haven't started this swap yet, so you have lots of time to enjoy the process of completing your final projects.

I was just thinking this morning that it will be fun to see all the examples shown by Tim Holtz and his design team members that showcase the new products. I'm sure it will give us some ideas to scraplift for this swap.

So, between me getting a late start on this swap and CHA sneak peeks, I'm so very glad I extended the DD by a month. I will need that month!

JeanP Offline
#207 Posted : Friday, January 10, 2014 7:40:54 AM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

CHA starts tomorrow I think. Looking forward to some new TH projects. Love his sneak peeks!!!!

I still only have 2 directives finished but I do know what I am doing for the rest so that is a start.
bklynborn Offline
#208 Posted : Friday, January 10, 2014 4:25:20 PM(UTC)
bklynborn

United States

Was thanked: 129 time(s) in 123 post(s)
BigGrin BigGrin I back for now

a big hello to Debbie. starting this soon. have a few ideas rolling around
planlady19 Offline
#209 Posted : Saturday, January 11, 2014 11:30:20 AM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

Hello everyone .. I have been looking at some of the sneak peeks for CHA and I am finding them very interesting.LOL LOL

I am looking forward to seeing what they actual do with some of the new products.

Can't wait to get started on this project. I have been moving and reorganizing my craft room ugh what a disaster.. I guess it is a good thing DH and I have been married this long or he might have divorced me everytime I ask him about changing something. LOL LOL

But you know have to make room for improvements...(new things)

This is an unexpected day off for me as we did not have to work today because of the weather, not snow or cold but rain.... so I have been able to get some things sorted out and now with my son home unexpected also do to the water situation in his town I can really get things moved.LOL LOL

Ok I will talk to everyone later.

Terri
planlady19 Offline
#210 Posted : Sunday, January 12, 2014 1:51:41 PM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

If you want to see some of the new products from Ranger and TH check out the following

papperclipping.com, she has some great video of the new products..

This is not going to be good for my pocketbook. There is some that I really like and then just some great ideas for things.

Terri