Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Scrappy_Vee Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2013 2:17:43 PM(UTC)
Scrappy_Vee

Groups: Registered
New Zealand

Was thanked: 277 time(s) in 190 post(s)
I think I like the old ones better. Razz
 1 user thanked Scrappy_Vee for this useful post.
rhondah* on 9/20/2013(UTC)
scrapalette Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2013 3:09:45 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19134 time(s) in 8556 post(s)
Since I almost always cut with CCR, I don't use the overlays. But when I did, I used a handmade version of the universal overlay and just numbered the keys 1-50 and numbered the image pages in my handbook 1-50. I think it made it quicker to find the right key without having to search for a tiny image or count over and down on the keypad like some people had done.
 1 user thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
Scrappy_Vee on 9/19/2013(UTC)
Scrappy_Vee Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2013 3:25:42 PM(UTC)
Scrappy_Vee

New Zealand

I prefer to squint at the tiny images LOL
 1 user thanked Scrappy_Vee for this useful post.
cheryl d on 9/21/2013(UTC)
Maxluv Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2013 4:35:33 PM(UTC)
Maxluv

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 483 time(s) in 370 post(s)
Since i have a few newer carts i like it, dont have to put a different keypad on each time i change carts. And since they putting out carts every week now im sure i'll have plenty more of the newer ones so it will come in handy for sure.
 1 user thanked Maxluv for this useful post.
JoyceG Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2013 6:45:35 PM(UTC)
JoyceG

Was thanked: 923 time(s) in 597 post(s)
How many new carts do you have? You don't use CCR?

I don't use the overlays since I LOVE Love CCR :)

Joyce
 1 user thanked JoyceG for this useful post.
CowgirlUp Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2013 8:14:14 PM(UTC)
CowgirlUp

United States

Was thanked: 897 time(s) in 729 post(s)
I'm not sure how i feel about them. Sure they are easier to use but my dislike is because the boxes are a different size and when i go to put the stuff for my new cartridges away I keep looking for an overlay that isn't there.

But I understand why they aren't making a new overlay for each one anymore. since they are pushing CCR so hard that doesn't require an overlay, the new machines (e2 and mini) don't use them, so for a lot people they aren't needed. but I don't like change or technology for the most part. Heck i still use my second Gen iPod classic and don't have internet on my phone. lol.
 1 user thanked CowgirlUp for this useful post.
Scrappy_Vee Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2013 8:39:05 PM(UTC)
Scrappy_Vee

New Zealand

Originally Posted by: JoyceG Go to Quoted Post

Joyce

I Love CCR!! Love Love

But I do like to Cricut without my laptop so I am a fan of owning cartridges. ThumpUp ThumpUp

I also like being able to craft when CCR doesn't want to behave and I am also unable to buy digital content. International customers are not offered that luxury. I could do some serious damage on my Credit Card that's for sure BigGrin BigGrin

I don't like change when everything is just how I like it. Love my carts in their big boxes with their big handbooks and their individual overlays.
 2 users thanked Scrappy_Vee for this useful post.
theproc0a14c052 on 9/20/2013(UTC), krafty kate on 9/21/2013(UTC)
MarleneO Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2013 9:11:19 PM(UTC)
MarleneO

United States

Was thanked: 103 time(s) in 80 post(s)
I also don't like change if things are working well. I have 2 E's, an Imagine and an E2, 2 Gypsies, 175 cartridges and one of those other machines! I love my E's, my Gypsies and my Imagine and the other machine and HATE the E2 and CCR. I mostly design on the Gypsy using a few different cartridges at a time, so I rarely even used the overlays. just connect the Gypsy to the machine and cut. I don't like the Universal overlay. On a rare occasion when I use the cartridge in the E, I wouldn't even look at the book, just pick my image from the overlay and cut so with the universal I wouldn't know which one it was. I have 3 of the newer smaller cartridges and there really isn't much content to them like the older ones.
 2 users thanked MarleneO for this useful post.
BJR on 9/20/2013(UTC), JoyceG on 9/20/2013(UTC)
JoyceG Offline
#9 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2013 9:15:24 PM(UTC)
JoyceG

Originally Posted by: CowgirlUp Go to Quoted Post
I'm not sure how i feel about them. Sure they are easier to use but my dislike is because the boxes are a different size and when i go to put the stuff for my new cartridges away I keep looking for an overlay that isn't there.

But I understand why they aren't making a new overlay for each one anymore. since they are pushing CCR so hard that doesn't require an overlay, the new machines (e2 and mini) don't use them, so for a lot people they aren't needed. but I don't like change or technology for the most part. Heck i still use my second Gen iPod classic and don't have internet on my phone. lol.

It makes since because they are discontinuing the E. So the Mini and the E2 won't use them anyways. And since I do use CCR, I could throw away my 133 overlays, toss the carts all into one box or bag and shove it into some drawer, organize the handbooks I do have on a shelf and I'd have a little extra space for more stuff...Bahahahah

From you post CowgirlUp, I take it you don't keep your books, overlays and carts inside the containers they come in?

Joyce

CowgirlUp Offline
#10 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2013 9:26:17 PM(UTC)
CowgirlUp

United States

Was thanked: 897 time(s) in 729 post(s)
It makes since because they are discontinuing the E. So the Mini and the E2 won't use them anyways. And since I do use CCR, I could throw away my 133 overlays, toss the carts all into one box or bag and shove it into some drawer, organize the handbooks I do have on a shelf and I'd have a little extra space for more stuff...Bahahahah

From you post CowgirlUp, I take it you don't keep your books, overlays and carts inside the containers they come in?

Joyce

If i had the space i would keep them in the boxes, but my craft room aka spare bedroom aka store room for everything that doesn't have a home is tiny. so I store the over lay inside the handbook a photo box with the carts in a jewelry organizer thing i got a Michael's that hangs on a hook on the back of the door I have a couple of those. Plus that way I don't have to admit to having 200 or so cartridges. Haha!!!
rhondah* Offline
#11 Posted : Friday, September 20, 2013 6:26:53 AM(UTC)
rhondah*

United States

Was thanked: 15708 time(s) in 9098 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Scrappy_Vee Go to Quoted Post
I think I like the old ones better. Razz

I do like the new one. I don't have to count little squares anymore.BigGrin

Edited by user Friday, September 20, 2013 6:28:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MamaC Offline
#12 Posted : Friday, September 20, 2013 7:22:35 AM(UTC)
MamaC

United States

Was thanked: 1543 time(s) in 640 post(s)
Like many of the others, I don't really use the overlay. I use the Gypsy for designing. However, I always number the images in my handbook 1--50. Having the overlay numbered like my handbooks is a really great idea.

I think I am going to enjoy using the Universal Overlay, not only on the newer carts but on the older ones as well.
JoyceG Offline
#13 Posted : Friday, September 20, 2013 11:33:55 AM(UTC)
JoyceG

Originally Posted by: Scrappy_Vee Go to Quoted Post
I Love CCR!! Love Love

But I do like to Cricut without my laptop so I am a fan of owning cartridges. ThumpUp ThumpUp

I also like being able to craft when CCR doesn't want to behave and I am also unable to buy digital content. International customers are not offered that luxury. I could do some serious damage on my Credit Card that's for sure BigGrin BigGrin

I don't like change when everything is just how I like it. Love my carts in their big boxes with their big handbooks and their individual overlays.

I just have a few digital cartridges..ones I haven't been able to find any where else without paying an arm and a leg for it! So I am a fan of owning the physical carts too BigGrin

The reason I like having the physical carts...because we never know when they will stop the CCR program. Nothing lasts forever and I don't expect CCR to be any different. So when CCR gets discontinued..I will still have the physical carts and overlays and books to continue using my cricut machine.

I also love my carts, handbooks and overlays being in their big boxes. I only have one of the new small carts so far. I figure I will get a universal overlay some day...just to have one. But not in a hurry for one since I use CCR for now.

Joyce

JoyceG Offline
#14 Posted : Friday, September 20, 2013 11:40:42 AM(UTC)
JoyceG

Originally Posted by: CowgirlUp Go to Quoted Post
If i had the space i would keep them in the boxes, but my craft room aka spare bedroom aka store room for everything that doesn't have a home is tiny. so I store the over lay inside the handbook a photo box with the carts in a jewelry organizer thing i got a Michael's that hangs on a hook on the back of the door I have a couple of those. Plus that way I don't have to admit to having 200 or so cartridges. Haha!!!

Love that logic!! I will admit that it would look like ya own fewer carts by not keeping them in their boxes!!! Laugh I have been thinking about removing all the books from the boxes but I have them in sorted alphabetical order stored in over the door shelves and they are so easy to find in their boxes. Guess I'm gonna stay with the current way I have them. Why make more work for myself and I'm not one who likes much change.

Joyce

Annabella Offline
#15 Posted : Friday, September 20, 2013 12:16:44 PM(UTC)
Annabella

United States

Was thanked: 624 time(s) in 509 post(s)
I also am not a fan of CCR. The thought of having all of these digital images on a sight that is owned by a business that is not customer friendly makes me have second thought. Purchasing something that is only available at the whim of a company does not sit right with me.

What happens if this company goes belly up?

What happens if there is a huge storm in the mid-west and they are shut down for days?

What if you want to design and the connection is having a wonky fit and they decide to be down for the week-end for maintenance?

Need I mention more??

I am still a little shocked that the universal overlay and smaller box has not brought the price down for the carts. I am sure there cost to purchase and compile in China has gone down, so will we see a price reduction???

I'm curious to see what the price for a full cart, 700 images?????

Edited by user Friday, September 20, 2013 12:17:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: spelling!!!

scraphappy120 Offline
#16 Posted : Friday, September 20, 2013 12:31:18 PM(UTC)
scraphappy120

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I didnt know they were going to discontinue the Es????? does that mean that includes the Expression???? I want it still and only have the Create as of right now..........I guess If this is true I am gonna have to get on the ball and find my Expression machine soon, Hoping to have more time..........would like to wait until xmas time and get it then.........you guys are making me worry.........Confused
BJR Offline
#17 Posted : Friday, September 20, 2013 12:51:42 PM(UTC)
BJR

Was thanked: 446 time(s) in 327 post(s)
Rumor is yes the E will be no more. (E is the Expression) BJR.Crying
MotoMomof2 Offline
#18 Posted : Friday, September 20, 2013 7:36:56 PM(UTC)
MotoMomof2

Was thanked: 326 time(s) in 256 post(s)
I like the new boxes, much easier to sneak them in the house. Too bad I cant soak them in water and let them grow to match my other cases. As for the overlay would prefer the old way but I use my gypsy most of the time any way so I can live with it. Still wont use CCR, cant take it with me so no point of using it. I still have my $50 so that pretty much says what I think of digital
JoyceG Offline
#19 Posted : Friday, September 20, 2013 11:51:30 PM(UTC)
JoyceG

Originally Posted by: scraphappy120 Go to Quoted Post
I didnt know they were going to discontinue the Es????? does that mean that includes the Expression???? I want it still and only have the Create as of right now..........I guess If this is true I am gonna have to get on the ball and find my Expression machine soon, Hoping to have more time..........would like to wait until xmas time and get it then.........you guys are making me worry.........Confused

Yeah, vendors are saying they got notices that PC will no longer be shipping out the Expression machine for them to sell. But the Expression 2 will still be available (as far as I've heard). Rumor is they will be coming out with a new machine in January.

Joyce
Scraprageous Offline
#20 Posted : Saturday, September 21, 2013 4:28:25 AM(UTC)
Scraprageous

United States

Was thanked: 140 time(s) in 137 post(s)
Universal overlay? Guess I will get used to it. I don't use overlays very often, so it probably won't make a difference.

I don't use ccr (no intention of ever doing so since I don't have a computer near any cricut). I love the gypsy as I can design while waiting between kids activities.
 1 user thanked Scraprageous for this useful post.
theproc0a14c052 on 9/21/2013(UTC)
Maxluv Offline
#21 Posted : Saturday, September 21, 2013 9:32:51 AM(UTC)
Maxluv

United States

Was thanked: 483 time(s) in 370 post(s)

Joyce

I have 3 or 4 of the newer carts and there are at least 3 or 4 more that I will be purchasing. No i don't use CCR, not interested, i like having my machine across the room not near my computer BigGrin