Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

EstherWheat Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 24, 2013 10:29:58 AM(UTC)
EstherWheat

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 222 time(s) in 138 post(s)
I visited my local PO today to mail two things. One was to the UK which I knew would be a bit higher for shipping....I am totally OK with that.

My gripe is that a couple of years ago, I could put a little "happy" in the mail for my dear sis-in-law for just a few dollars and she would be thrilled to get it and life was good.

Today I thought, "Since I am going to the PO anyway, I will mail my bestie a little happy." I had made a Halloween tile with a witch on a broom with the caption, "Why, yes, I can drive a stick." She loved the picture so I wanted to mail it to her. It cost me over $5.00!!! Yikes!!! For one ceramic 6X6 tile! The postage cost more than the worth of the tile!

OK...venting done! I know she will be happy and it will all be worth it....just sometimes I wish for the good old days when you could do random happy things for people for much less!!! lol

Edited by user Tuesday, September 24, 2013 10:51:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked EstherWheat for this useful post.
TammyPuckett on 9/24/2013(UTC)
EnableMeForever Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 24, 2013 11:48:49 AM(UTC)
EnableMeForever

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 154 post(s)
I totally understand your frustration. But it was very kind of you to send a little happiness through the mail in spite of the high prices!
 1 user thanked EnableMeForever for this useful post.
EstherWheat on 9/24/2013(UTC)
Jooniper Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 24, 2013 11:40:48 PM(UTC)
Jooniper

Was thanked: 873 time(s) in 631 post(s)
Yep. Every time I send a card to someone it costs me $1.66. But I send in a 6x9 padded bubble mailer to make sure it arrives intact. I just see the $1.66 as a cheap way to brighten someone's day, which it does. I have a hard time letting my creations go to new homes, but I have made 3 cards for specific people, so it was not as hard to let them go. BigGrin
 1 user thanked Jooniper for this useful post.
BJR on 9/25/2013(UTC)