Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
DeeScraps Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 24, 2013 7:12:35 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 727 time(s) in 558 post(s)
Hello and welcome to the next installment of the Wednesday Card Sketch Challenge. Hopefully the sketches will post. I actually had a few made from before my computer crash, and I tried to make a few more today, but I couldn't figure out how to change them to a jpeg so I could save them to Photobucket. LOL.

[img=http://][/img]

Edited by user Tuesday, September 24, 2013 7:13:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked DeeScraps for this useful post.
barbarastewart1 on 9/27/2013(UTC)
DeeScraps Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 24, 2013 7:21:25 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Sketch #2

DeeScraps Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 24, 2013 7:24:46 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Sketch #3

DeeScraps Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 24, 2013 7:31:49 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Sketch #4

DeeScraps Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 24, 2013 7:38:16 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

The week's colors: Christmas colors...Reds, Greens, and White.

If you need something else to keep you busy, the extra-credit will be a shaped Card.

Have fun! Dee

Edited by user Friday, September 27, 2013 5:04:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

*NanaDonna* Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 24, 2013 8:42:29 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2611 time(s) in 1370 post(s)
Dee thanks for jumping in and hosting. SO nice to see you back, sure missed you.
Great colors for this time of year for us to start thinking about those Christmas cards.

Wow I sure am going to get my Cricut fired up cutting out circles,LOL lots of them on these sketches. Who knows maybe I will turn a few into stars or flowers or something. Thanks for the sketches. As far as things go right I now I should be able to work on these tomorrow.

DeeScraps Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 25, 2013 6:33:53 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Thanks Donna, it's nice to have some craft time again.BigGrin

You can make the circles anything you want. They really are more for placement.

Can you tell me what size you set photobucket to for posting your cards? I sure miss my paint program!

Dee
*NanaDonna* Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, September 25, 2013 7:57:15 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Originally Posted by: DeeScraps Go to Quoted Post
Thanks Donna, it's nice to have some craft time again.BigGrin

You can make the circles anything you want. They really are more for placement. Ha ha ha just kidding LOL I will probably use some other shape anyways since we all know that our Cricuts can not cut a circle without leaving one side a bit flatAngry Confused

Can you tell me what size you set photobucket to for posting your cards? I sure miss my paint program!

Dee

Photobucket - I have my upload size set at 640 x 480. I never used Paint so not sure how it worked in comparison. I use Piacsa for all my photos on my computer and upload to PB only for the purpose of posting them on here, all other editing is done in Picasa.
DeeScraps Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, September 25, 2013 1:50:47 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Nana Donna.....thanks for the info on Photobucket. I had Apple on the phone today and found out how to change the card sketches I made from a pages document to a jpeg. In Paint I would go under "resize" and change it to about 15% of the original photo. I usually take them big, but if you upload a smaller file size, you would change to what works for you.

I've never tried Picassa, but I think I'll check and see if they have it for the Mac. I was just so used to Paint and that is what I used to make the boxes when I posted the color.

I'll be back later.....

Dee
Kiethann Offline
#10 Posted : Wednesday, September 25, 2013 3:17:28 PM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Was thanked: 649 time(s) in 489 post(s)
so good to see you back Dee. Thanks for hosting these two weeks of sketches. Also thanks for posting the add colors. Hope to get a few cards made from your sketches.
DeeScraps Offline
#11 Posted : Wednesday, September 25, 2013 7:11:03 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Thanks Kiethann. Hope you get to make some cards.

Here's my Sketch #3. I had a hard time getting a photo that wasn't too washed out. I hope it shows up OK.

It's a simple card using three Cuttlebug folders and a Spellbinder die. It's printed on the computer.

Thanks for looking, Dee

Edited by user Wednesday, September 25, 2013 7:15:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

JanisD on 9/27/2013(UTC)
DeeScraps Offline
#12 Posted : Thursday, September 26, 2013 6:39:10 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Good morning everyone. I'll be out most of the day, but I'll check in when I get home.

Dee
*NanaDonna* Offline
#13 Posted : Thursday, September 26, 2013 12:38:40 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

DEE - I love your rendition of sketch #3, love all the white and embossing. I may just have to scraplift the tearing partFlapper Love It!
DeeScraps Offline
#14 Posted : Thursday, September 26, 2013 5:31:31 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Thanks Nana Donna. The original idea came from Sue Nelson. I think she probably still has her blog...think it was called Heart Prints?

As soon as the glossy accents dries on my card, I'll take a photo and post it.

Dee

DeeScraps Offline
#15 Posted : Thursday, September 26, 2013 8:36:11 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Hello again...here is my sketch #1 and it's using the week's colors. Most of the papers were from my Christmas scraps folder. The cute Magnolia stamp is one I hadn't used before, but I just think it's adorable. I also used MFT dies to make the snowflakes and an old flower punch that I've had for years. The image is colored with Copics and Spectrum Noir pens.

TurtleBug Offline
#16 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2013 12:41:32 AM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Was thanked: 950 time(s) in 612 post(s)
Dee,
So happy to see you back!!ThumpUp
Thanks for the nice and challenging sketches.....I can use all those circles I always punch out of leftover cardstock, I must have a kazillion of them. The sketches looked too busy and hard to make, but after seeing your samples, they seem to come together really nice. Looking forward to the challenge. Thanks for the extra oomph to push myselfLOL

Nice Ad Color Challenge gearing us up for all the Christmas cards we will start making soon. Are we to use ALL the colors in the beautiful picture you posted??

Card #3 - Very pretty W-O-W card with a touch of silver. Very elegant and like the different embossed panels. Whoever sends this card out is bound to be forgiven.Smile

Card #1 in Ad Colors - Beautiful, looks like a store-bought card!! The cutie looks like she is climbing out of the panel, with just one leg out. Love the flower and all the co-ordinating Christmas colors and patterns.

Plan to get started soon on my sketches...busy Soccer week-end ahead of us!

Edited by user Friday, September 27, 2013 12:54:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DeeScraps Offline
#17 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2013 5:02:22 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Turtlebug...remember that the circles are really just for placement....they can be flowers or anything. The sketches are kind of busy, but I made a few very simple ones to go with them and those are the ones I couldn't figure out how change to a jpeg so I could post them on Photobucket. I'll save them for next time. :)

I guess I should of explained the colors better...I was thinking.....red, green, and white.

Glad you liked the card. I desperately need to some Christmas cards made for some special folks.

Enjoy your "sports" weekend.

Dee
TurtleBug on 10/2/2013(UTC)
barbarastewart1 Offline
#18 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2013 10:16:52 AM(UTC)
barbarastewart1

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 11442 time(s) in 3089 post(s)
Can I just tell you how INSPIRING you are... just beautifully wonderful. And, thanks Donna for pointing me in this direction. I wish there were a way to "bookmark" these as I am currently up to my ..... well, "eyes" in other projects that are taking up all the room I have AND THEN SOME
BigGrin BigGrin Cool BigGrin BigGrin
 1 user thanked barbarastewart1 for this useful post.
*NanaDonna* Offline
#19 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2013 2:05:35 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Originally Posted by: barbarastewart1 Go to Quoted Post
Can I just tell you how INSPIRING you are... just beautifully wonderful. And, thanks Donna for pointing me in this direction. I wish there were a way to "bookmark" these as I am currently up to my ..... well, "eyes" in other projects that are taking up all the room I have AND THEN SOME
BigGrin BigGrin Cool BigGrin BigGrin

OMG Barbara so nice to see you here,

I hope you can join us some day, even if you can't you can come back and chat with us
you bring so much fun to everyone. Also we would all love to see what else you are up to, we all like to share everything we do with each other.

Bring it on girl!
DeeScraps Offline
#20 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2013 3:01:17 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Hi Barbara. You'll always find us here under cards. Come back and join us when you can.

Dee
DeeScraps Offline
#21 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2013 7:45:31 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Does anyone know anything about the Spectrum Noir Pens having their design changed? I hope they make them a little smaller so they will fit in my home-made holder with my Copics!

See ya'll tomorrow.

What kind of temperatures is everyone having? We've finally cooled off a little. It's been 80 and beautiful.

Dee
*NanaDonna* Offline
#22 Posted : Saturday, September 28, 2013 1:16:57 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Hi Dee, I don't know anything about Nior markers but would love to see your Copic marker storageBigGrin
Finally it is cooling down a bit around here, at least we have not been in the 100s but the low to mid 90s.Flapper

Here is my sketch #4. I made it for one of our daughters whose birthday is next week. When she was a small child she took piano lessons and always enjoyed playing and would some day like to play again and have a grand piano. I had this perfect stamp set from Gina K that had this piano image and saying. The music paper was printed using my Imagine and the Vintage Papers cartridge. Notes and circles were cut using my "other" machine. I stamped the image on plain paper then scanned it into my computer and using an un-named software program was able to cut the shape and the shadow layers behind it. I love love that feature.

I am including what I did with the inside, the piano was cut using A Child's Year

Hope to get to work on another sketch today
LindaBelchuk Offline
#23 Posted : Saturday, September 28, 2013 4:13:14 PM(UTC)
LindaBelchuk

Was thanked: 298 time(s) in 166 post(s)
Hi everyone..this is my 1st time posting on this thread thanks to Nana Donna, she encouraged me to post my birthday card, as it is Sketch #3, turned sideways... so now that I know a little bit more about this challenge, I'm going to try and enter more often...maybe I'll work on a couple other sketches tomorrow...Thanks Nana Donna ! Guess I should tell you that I used Pack Your Bags for the card.

Edited by user Saturday, September 28, 2013 4:18:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

LindaBelchuk attached the following image(s):
bdaycheer.jpg
Gisele Offline
#24 Posted : Saturday, September 28, 2013 4:25:40 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Was thanked: 549 time(s) in 339 post(s)
Hello everyone! I am back. Sorry for leaving without a word back in the summer but with aging parents and a new job, I just ran out of personal time. So happy to see that the challenge is still going strong and seeing some new faces too. I have missed you all!

I am going to jump right in! Thanks Dee for the great sketches and ad colours! I am rusty but have tried to do justice to the sketches. As Thanksgiving is a mere 2 weeks away in Canada, I have focused on making these cards this weekend. And of course I am behind on making Christmas and every other celebration but will catch up in the coming days and week.

Here is my Sketch #4

Gisele Offline
#25 Posted : Saturday, September 28, 2013 4:37:08 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Kiethann – I haven’t had the pleasure of seeing your great creations but I am looking forward to it!

Donna – Beautiful card for your daughter! Love the paper, embossing and all of the other details. I look forward to hearing about the rest of your family too!

Turtlebug – You sound busy again watching your DGS in soccer! Can’t wait to see your cards this week!

Dee – Such a wonderful Christmas card for Sketch #1! Love your colouring and all of the layering! Boy I have missed this challenge and the inspiration! Love the white on white for Sketch #3! It might be simple but it is stunning!

Barbara – I an “oldie” that has been away for the past few months but I am jumping back in. I look forward to seeing your cards and creativity. This is a wonderful group on this challenge and I agree that they are all so inspiring. Hope you join in when you can!

Linda – Welcome to this wonderful group! You’ll find lots of encouragement here and some wonderful cards! Beautiful card for Sketch #3! Great frame shapes and wonderful drinks!
 1 user thanked Gisele for this useful post.
Gisele Offline
#26 Posted : Saturday, September 28, 2013 4:39:58 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Here is my Sketch #2 - the basket and apples are from Doodlecharms cart and "Give Thanks" from MS Seasonal Cake. A bit of embossing and added some ribbon.

Gisele Offline
#27 Posted : Saturday, September 28, 2013 4:42:47 PM(UTC)
Gisele

And my final card for today - I hope to get back in my craftroom tomorrow!

Sketch #1 - a real challenge with all of the layering. Pumpkin is from Damask Décor. I can't remember which cart had the leaves.

I will be back!
*NanaDonna* Offline
#28 Posted : Saturday, September 28, 2013 4:57:42 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

OMG Gisele so happy you are back!LOL

We were just talking about you last night and hoped everything was OK, sounds like you had
a rough patch, but you sure did come back with a bang with those wonderful cards.

LINDA I am so happy you posted your card here, I love it, it is so refreshing makes me want to go and have a cocktail right now, in fact it is 5 o'clock here time for a glass of wine LOL.Drool I hope you continue to play along, you will find so much inspiration here and lots of fun too!

Edited by user Saturday, September 28, 2013 4:59:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

LindaBelchuk Offline
#29 Posted : Sunday, September 29, 2013 6:23:50 AM(UTC)
LindaBelchuk

Was thanked: 298 time(s) in 166 post(s)
oh.....you guys are awesome and so are your cards !
 1 user thanked LindaBelchuk for this useful post.
DeeScraps Offline
#30 Posted : Sunday, September 29, 2013 4:29:23 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Gisele....So good to see you back. I was also out for a while do to family obligations and my computer crashing. Sad

What wonderful Thanksgiving cards you made. I love the fall colors and all the papers you used for the cards work great together. On #4....I especially like how you used the embossing folder on the background. On #2....I love how you used the basket of apples and how everything goes so well together. I know it' a very busy sketch. On #1.... you used a great choice of papers and cuts. How did you cut the corners? All the layering looks good and the embossing on the leaves looks great.

Nana Donna....What a great card for your daughter's birthday. She'll love it. The color combo is another favorite of mine. It's amazing how you print out your paper. It would take me forever to figure out which ones I wanted to print. LOL. The stamp and the piano cut inside work great.

Linda....Welcome and thanks for posting your card. It was a great idea to turn the sketch sideways. Good choice of cuts.

Dee