Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

rainbowbrite80173ce9 Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 28, 2013 9:57:52 AM(UTC)
rainbowbrite80173ce9

Groups: Registered

I just got a new computer and had to re-install the craft room software. I did that and can get in my account and I see all my bought and linked cartridges but I have two cartridges I had not linked yet. Create a Critter and Tags, Bags, Boxes and More 2. When I put them in my cricut expression 2 it comes up on my machine but when I try to link it in craft room I get the message that the cartridge is missing. I have tried disconnecting the machine from the computer and reconnecting and turning the machine on and off with no luck. Help please!
scrapalette Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 28, 2013 11:23:28 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19136 time(s) in 8557 post(s)
Try putting a different cart in your E2 and then turn it on {after you have CCR open}. Then try to link the carts, removing the original one you had in your E2 and inserting the cart you are wanting to link. I've had several occasions when CCR doesn't read the cart that is in my Cricut when I turn it on. But, if I turn my Cricut off, put in a different cart, turn it back on, CCR will read the other cart when inserted.
CricutGena Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 28, 2013 1:59:16 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 998 time(s) in 320 post(s)
Hello! I can recommend trying to cut using either of those cartridges. It should give you an option to link the cartridge once you put the image on the mat and try to cut. We have not had any issues trying to cut with these cartridges. If you are still having issues please call customer service at 877-7cricut.

-Cricut Gena
#4 Posted : Sunday, September 29, 2013 11:18:43 AM(UTC)
rainbowbrite80173ce9

Well now craft room isn't even recognizing that my machine is connected. We tried a different USB port in the computer and still isn't working. Also craft room keeps popping up with that it has stopped working and I should close it. I hit close on the pop up box but it doesn't close craft room and craft room still continues to work but it just keep saying my machine is not connected and to connect it. We have uninstalled the drivers and tried to re-install and it either does install or says it did not successfully install.

This is driving me nuts because I never had any of these issues on my old computer which was windows vista and now I have windows 7.
Scraplady2001 Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, September 29, 2013 5:14:02 PM(UTC)
Scraplady2001

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 39 post(s)
When you try to reinstall the driver do you use the automatic detect feature aka plug and play or do you manually locate the driver?

If you are using the plug and play let it try to find the driver if it doesn't click locate on computer. You will want to go onto your C drive then program files then craft room then drivers then e2. There will be a driver in there. I hope this helps. PM if it doesn't and I will try to think of something else.

Amy
#6 Posted : Sunday, September 29, 2013 6:42:11 PM(UTC)
rainbowbrite80173ce9

I did some google searches and while reading around I discovered cricut sync. I was totally unaware of the fact you has to update the machine. I had not done it at all since I got my cricut almost a year ago. So I downloaded that and it recognized my cricut and installed the driver automatically and then updated. After it was done I was able to cut via my computer which them have me the option to link the carts! All is well! :). Thanks!
Scraplady2001 Offline
#7 Posted : Monday, September 30, 2013 10:14:38 AM(UTC)
Scraplady2001

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 39 post(s)
Glad to hear that everything worked out. It is an amazing feeling when everything starts to work after things aren't.

Happy crafting!!!

AmyBigGrin
lombard360354f2 Offline
#8 Posted : Tuesday, November 05, 2013 7:57:59 PM(UTC)
lombard360354f2

I too cannot link my cartridges and am wondering if it is because they are linked in the Cricut Design Studio from years ago. Help! I love CCR and no longer use the Design Studio although both are currently installed on my computer.
Narelle Offline
#9 Posted : Tuesday, November 05, 2013 8:10:59 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7909 time(s) in 3707 post(s)
Originally Posted by: lombard360354f2 Go to Quoted Post
I too cannot link my cartridges and am wondering if it is because they are linked in the Cricut Design Studio from years ago. Help! I love CCR and no longer use the Design Studio although both are currently installed on my computer.

Design Studio didn't have a linking option so that won't be your problem.

Is you Cricut's firmware up to date? And have you installed the drivers for your Cricut onto your Computer? You do that from the Help menu in CCR.

Quick edit: Make sure you don't have CCR and DS open on your computer when you are trying to link carts or cut. Both programs use the same driver and will conflict with each other.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 05, 2013 8:12:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified