Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

ilovacowsafd6d9f1 Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 05, 2013 8:16:50 PM(UTC)
ilovacowsafd6d9f1

Groups: Registered

Without using the Vinyl you can buy through Cricut, I've used Contact Paper instead and it's worked but...sometimes, it's hard to find different colored contact paper other than black or white or a print. What else can I use to get it to stick to the wall? Thanks.BigGrin
Rice Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 05, 2013 10:41:36 PM(UTC)
Rice

Was thanked: 90 time(s) in 81 post(s)
I recently discovered that The School Box sells contact paper in red, yellow, blue and green. They are much thinner than the Cricut vinyl, though, which causes problems if you have overlap. I just used the yellow to make a 4 foot tall giraffe (HERE) and was a little disappointed because you can really see where the pieces overlap. If I was doing it over, I would use a double layer (would still probably be cheaper). The red shows some overlap, but not as bad as the yellow. The blue is much darker and works fine. I haven't tried the green yet.

The only black contact paper I have found has subtle gray specks in it. (I still use it, though, especially for seasonal designs.) Have you found any solid black contact paper?
 1 user thanked Rice for this useful post.
JoyceG on 10/6/2013(UTC)
deleted Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 06, 2013 7:36:34 AM(UTC)
deleted

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 54 post(s)

There are many sources for vinyl. "Cricut vinyl" is WAY overpriced. I can buy the same vinyl for $1.89 for a 12x24" sheet. The Cricut vinyl works out to over $4.60 a sheet. That's just crazy.

You might want to be careful using Contact paper on walls. It is great substitute in crafting, but it might stick "too good" to walls and damage them.

Oracal 631 is the vinyl that is rated for use on walls, as it is removable. At one time this is what was used as "Cricut Vinyl", but I am not sure if they still use that brand.

I like EXPRESSIONS VINYL (Check out their helpful videos too!)

There is also Craftviny.com H&H Sign and many others.

If you want a larger quantity - vinyl on the roll is even cheaper!
 2 users thanked deleted for this useful post.
tabad069809acf9ad on 10/14/2013(UTC), dynadeb94028b9cc9 on 10/28/2013(UTC)