Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

kareason62dcdf61 Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 08, 2013 1:50:04 PM(UTC)
kareason62dcdf61

Groups: Registered

I want a Cricut. I am wanting to cut vinyl for wall decor and for window decor. I want to be able to print large fonts. I have heard that some use computer hook up, some dont? Are the additional cartridges expensive? Those are just a few questions to start with.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 08, 2013 1:50:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: didnt spell check

scrapalette Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 08, 2013 2:40:21 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19163 time(s) in 8570 post(s)
For large cuts, you'll want an Expression or E2. The basic mat is 12 x 12 and the larger mat is 12 x 24 inches.

All Cricuts can connect to your computer to use the free online design program called Cricut Craft Room. There are issues with the Imagine model and CCR, but not every Imagine has problems with CCR. You'll definitely want to use either CCR or a Gypsy {a handheld design program tht has been discontinued} so you can weld the letters to make the words cut as one image.

Carts vary in price depending on how popular they are. I've seen new {unopened} older carts go for less than $10 on ebay. High demand retired carts can go for $100! So it's best to shop around.

There are 200+ fonts on various Cricut carts. Check out Narelle's Cricut Font Guide to see a sample of what the fonts look like and which cart they are on.

http://thenon-craftycraf...ntaining-fonts-with.html
TammyPuckett Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 09, 2013 6:12:57 AM(UTC)
TammyPuckett

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 371 time(s) in 221 post(s)
Invest in an Expression! It is the most versatile machine & to me the most reliable machine that PC offers! I have an Imagine & had a Mini also, but always go back to my Expression for everything I do! I have never had any problems with it & you can use the 12x12 or 12x24 mat. I hope you enjoy whichever machine you buy!
azcreate20020a4e78be Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 09, 2013 7:09:50 AM(UTC)
azcreate20020a4e78be

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I agree the Expression or Expression 2 is the most versatile for the size you want to work with. I have a Cricut Create which is 6x12 so no large fonts there. I don't tend to go large. If that is what you want to achieve go for the Expression. I happen to have my Expression 2 for sale. Excellent condition,works great. Email me at azcreate2002@gmail.com if interested.
You could also look at the Cricut Craft Room to see the different cartridges and see fonts and images. That also would help you decide if you really need a lot of cartridges or not.
 1 user thanked azcreate20020a4e78be for this useful post.
PaperKrafter4Life on 10/9/2013(UTC)