Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

coolaspenguins17b77dfb3 Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2013 10:51:07 AM(UTC)
coolaspenguins17b77dfb3

Groups: Registered

okey dokey here is the issue. when I want to change the size of an item that has different layers to it I can't get it to layer up right...like say I do it 4"w by 3"l just for an example. now I do that for layer 1, 2, 3, and 4 ...if there are like 4 layers right...all the same size right...the 4x3 measurement for every layer correct? and then when I layer 4 would be on the bottom, then 3, then, 2 and 1. is that correct for some reason I just am not getting the hang of this as it just doesn't seem to come out right. I have a cricut classic personal I believe it is called, with the 6x12 mat. any help would be appreciatedBigGrin
Olivia'sNana Online
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2013 11:04:34 AM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Was thanked: 903 time(s) in 438 post(s)
you set your size for the base layer only. All the layers will cut in proportion to the base and fit correctly. If you start messing with changing the size of the layers, it will never work right.

If you are using ccr to design in, select the size that you want by inputting it in the size box at the bottom of your screen (the size is the height measurement, the width will again be proportionate). If you want to custom size your image, you can lay all of your pieces on your virtual mat, select ALL the layers to where the sizer is around everything, click and drag the bottom right arrow until you have the size you want by watching the base image until you have it about the size that you want.This will resize everthing at the same time while staying in proportion to the base. You can then click on just the base image to see exactly what size it is and then repeat the resizing step if you need to adjust the size more or less. After you have the size that you want, then spread your pieces around on your virtual mat to match your paper on the cutting mat.

Edited by user Thursday, October 10, 2013 11:06:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked Olivia'sNana for this useful post.
coolaspenguins17b77dfb3 on 10/10/2013(UTC)
coolaspenguins17b77dfb3 Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2013 11:12:04 AM(UTC)
coolaspenguins17b77dfb3

Originally Posted by: Olivia'sNana Go to Quoted Post
you set your size for the base layer only. All the layers will cut in proportion to the base and fit correctly. If you start messing with changing the size of the layers, it will never work right.

If you are using ccr to design in, select the size that you want by inputting it in the size box at the bottom of your screen (the size is the height measurement, the width will again be proportionate). If you want to custom size your image, you can lay all of your pieces on your virtual mat, select ALL the layers to where the sizer is around everything, click and drag the bottom right arrow until you have the size you want by watching the base image until you have it about the size that you want.This will resize everthing at the same time while staying in proportion to the base. You can then click on just the base image to see exactly what size it is and then repeat the resizing step if you need to adjust the size more or less. After you have the size that you want, then spread your pieces around on your virtual mat to match your paper on the cutting mat.

ok I get what you are saying to a point, but if I am using multiple colors of paper will this work with opening the individual layer tabs thing and then it will prompt me to insert another mat to cut the next layer?
Olivia'sNana Online
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2013 11:36:14 AM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Was thanked: 903 time(s) in 438 post(s)
yes it will. Or you can, to the extent they will fit, cut your papers to size for each image, place them on your mat at the same time and if you have all of your images on one layer, it will cut all at once or if you have them placed on different layers, it will prompt you to select each layer one at a time but you won't have to unload and change your mat each time.

Here is an example of how I designed an image on different mat layers, then spread them around on my mat and then placed appropriatly placed and sized papers on my mat. I did this is an an example so the colors on my mat are not exactly the colors on the virual mat. but this is the great thing about ccr - the flexibility you have that you don't have with just the machine
Olivia'sNana attached the following image(s):
DSCN1791.JPG
DSCN1790.JPG
DSCN1789.JPG
virginia authement Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2013 12:52:00 PM(UTC)
virginia authement

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 14 post(s)
BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin very helpful......thanks!!!!