Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

DenverCdn Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, October 21, 2013 11:09:29 AM(UTC)
DenverCdn

Groups: Registered

Hello fellow crafters!

I have a picture that I want to use for our family Christmas card this year but I don't know how to create a card where I can use that picture. Can anyone help?

Many many thanks!

ShannonLaugh
Larkspur Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 8:35:53 AM(UTC)
Larkspur

United States

Was thanked: 2448 time(s) in 1712 post(s)
How about just an A2 card with a fancy frame around the pic??
CricketCMV Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 1:24:43 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8166 time(s) in 4788 post(s)
Denver.....I would pick out a pretty cardstock paper that looks good with your picture. Print your picture out on glossy photo paper (be sure you're using the proper settings on your printer...when you get ready to print, go to OPTIONS to choose the exact or near exact type of paper you're printing onto). Select the right size picture you want. You can decide the size you want your picture and make the card accordingly. You don't have to stick with just standard sizes (however, off-standard sizes may cost more at the Post Office...and you will need to take the card/s inside to see what rates you'll have to pay).

Use double backing tape to adhere your picture to the card. Embellish around the card as you wish...I like the OPs idea to FRAME the picture using a frame from one of your cartridges and in a flattering color to the photo. Then, you can decide if you want to place anything around the outside of the picture onto the cardstock itself.

I'll try to post a picture of a card I made a few years ago of a picture of our home. I did a "From our house to your house", I think! I may have to go to another computer to pull the picture in....hope this helps.

Char

Sorry, I guess I didn't get to take pictures of some of the cards I sent out last year....I have looked all through my files. It didn't take that long, but when I went to my OLD Windows XP computer, Norton, Windows and Adobe Air were all trying to do UPDATES which ties up my computer at 100% CPU, which slows everything to a crawl!!! Anyway, I hope you can get some ideas from me and the OP....hoping others give you some ideas, too.

Can't wait to see your creation!

Char

Edited by user Wednesday, November 13, 2013 3:54:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
MaryStillman on 11/13/2013(UTC)
tigger2000 Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 7:04:47 PM(UTC)
tigger2000

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 47 post(s)
Ladies, I think all of you in this forum are not only creative but also very kind, always willing to help a fellow crafter with your wonderful ideas. I come in here often to read posts and to look for inspiration and learn from you! Thank you ladies!Smile
 1 user thanked tigger2000 for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 11/13/2013(UTC)