Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

jstarkey19638748f5eb Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, October 21, 2013 7:03:44 PM(UTC)
jstarkey19638748f5eb

Groups: Registered

Hi my name is Jenni and I am new here and new to the Cricut. I just bought the Cricut Expression 2 and am having trouble with cutting. I have went thru so many sheets of paper and still have nothing I could use. No matter what I try there is always a cut line or two that should not be on the finished image. Please advise :)

Thanks so much for letting me join the forum I know I will have a blast learning and sharing with all of you.

Jen
clpodolad997a54 Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, October 21, 2013 9:10:50 PM(UTC)
clpodolad997a54

I am new to Cricut also. Have had my Expression 2 for about a week, but not enough time right now to play with it a lot. I had the same problem that you did and all I can tell you is to read the manual and work with the pamphlets that are numbered 1 through 4. You have to make sure that the cut settings on the screen match the number dialed on the blade of the machine. There are also tutorials from Cricut and on Utube that you can watch. It was very frustrating to me also, but read and watch, and you will understand. I also had my husband help me out, who is more of a techy than I am. Don't give up, and practice on paper that you don't care about wasting.
southgirltexas Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 6:26:25 AM(UTC)
southgirltexas

Was thanked: 569 time(s) in 341 post(s)
It could be your blade, even tho it is new....change it and see. And the type of paper you use plays an important part in getting a smooth cut. I like CorDinations paper (found at Hobby Lobby). There is a learning curve to getting the cuts you want.
caricknerfca6448f Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2013 6:00:31 PM(UTC)
caricknerfca6448f

I too have just purchased the Expression 2 and am having the same cutting problem. I have tried the multi cut and does cut deeper but still not all the way thru. Have some Halloween projects that I really want to do but afraid to try as can't seem to get the trial one to cut. It's so frustrating as I upgraded from the original Cricut and had no problems. The other problem is as the blade goes across the paper to start to cut, makes a long scratch all the way across the paper is right across what you are trying to cut. I do have a new blade left from my other cricut and will try changing blade in morning. Good luck. Hope we get this figured out. Chris
scrapalette Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2013 6:43:40 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19029 time(s) in 8504 post(s)
Sounds like your E2s need to be updated. Go to the SUPPORT tab and download Cricut Sync. Then update your E2. If you're still having problems, call PC and the CS rep will troubleshoot with you.
felicia.galeaf397992e Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, October 26, 2013 1:04:23 PM(UTC)
felicia.galeaf397992e

Hi there, my name is Felicia and I just bought the Cricut Expressions 2, I've just set it up today and have been trying to test it out, but it won't cut, the first time I thought maybe the paper was to thick, had it on setting 6 heavyweight paper selected, even selected multi cut, there wasn't a single cut even on the paper, tried again with thinner paper, had lightweight paper selected, and set it to 5.. still no cuts. someone help!! Do you think I need a new blade?
Maxluv Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, October 26, 2013 5:17:16 PM(UTC)
Maxluv

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 481 time(s) in 368 post(s)
Originally Posted by: felicia.galeaf397992e Go to Quoted Post
Hi there, my name is Felicia and I just bought the Cricut Expressions 2, I've just set it up today and have been trying to test it out, but it won't cut, the first time I thought maybe the paper was to thick, had it on setting 6 heavyweight paper selected, even selected multi cut, there wasn't a single cut even on the paper, tried again with thinner paper, had lightweight paper selected, and set it to 5.. still no cuts. someone help!! Do you think I need a new blade?

Is your blade in correct? Is the blade even touching the paper? If not then sounds like maybe the blade isnt in correctly.