Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

dbowden656aab0f7b5 Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, October 28, 2013 4:24:12 PM(UTC)
dbowden656aab0f7b5

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Just got off the phone with someone at Provo regarding the CCR. I was told that if you are using Windows 8.1 CCR will not work. They are working on a fix but cant give a time frame. Very frustrated. They found a work around with Windows 8 but now with the update to 8.1 it doesn't work. So wanted to get some Christmas items done. Once again Provo disappoints users.
 1 user thanked dbowden656aab0f7b5 for this useful post.
Rice on 11/1/2013(UTC)
SherylRoberts749dd3e8ee Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2013 12:47:12 PM(UTC)
SherylRoberts749dd3e8ee

And that answers a lot of my questions! Thanks for this post! I just updated to 8.1 a few days ago, tried to use my E2 and it stopped. It stopped cutting mid-cut, then refused to start again. I was getting so frustrated! And while I will say I am disappointed they don't have a work around yet, I can't blame this all on Provocraft. Microsoft doesn't want to make anything easy for outside companies.
Narelle Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 31, 2013 7:29:52 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7869 time(s) in 3683 post(s)
Originally Posted by: SherylRoberts749dd3e8ee Go to Quoted Post
And that answers a lot of my questions! Thanks for this post! I just updated to 8.1 a few days ago, tried to use my E2 and it stopped. It stopped cutting mid-cut, then refused to start again. I was getting so frustrated! And while I will say I am disappointed they don't have a work around yet, I can't blame this all on Provocraft. Microsoft doesn't want to make anything easy for outside companies.

Definitely!!
Rice Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, November 01, 2013 11:30:34 AM(UTC)
Rice

Was thanked: 90 time(s) in 81 post(s)
I really appreciate those of you who have posted about this. I'm so sorry you had to find out the hard way, but I thank you so much for saving me from making the same mistake. I will wait to update until the fix is confirmed.
AngelaVanderlip Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, November 01, 2013 12:01:38 PM(UTC)
AngelaVanderlip

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
So glad I haven't updated to 8.1 yet. It was for other reasons but I'll add this one too! I was going to play around with CCR to see if I like it since I have a gypsy.
scrapalette Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, November 02, 2013 11:01:21 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19028 time(s) in 8503 post(s)
You might want to check the sticky at the top of the forum and send your info.
Judy Ashmore Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, November 05, 2013 12:24:26 PM(UTC)
Judy Ashmore

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 37 post(s)
I have the same issues but I really think that Provo Craft needs to be more aware of technology and keep up with the newest programs. I have spent tons OF MONEY on digital cartridges and I am so disappointed that I cannot use CCR.

Hope they get this fixed soon and surely it won't be like the gypsy link debacle.

You can do this PC!! Got for it.
curious george II Offline
#8 Posted : Tuesday, November 05, 2013 7:39:39 PM(UTC)
curious george II

United States

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 63 post(s)
Im going to step out on a limb and play devils advocate:
I know that it is difficult to understand why Provocraft and Microsoft and even for that matter Apple do some of the things they do but for all of them they are a business; profits are their chief motivator and to get people to buy their products. Now when the programmers develop the software for Microsoft and Apple they do just that develop it. While developing the operating systems as they are called they try to get as many known "compatible programs" to work with their operating systems. Until we the consumer report to the third parties(like Provo craft and others) that their programs don't work with the new operating systems then Microsoft and Apple don't sit down with these third parties to develop a fix. That is why Provocraft can't tell you a definitive date that there is going to be a fix. Its not that they aren't trying to fix a problem, I truly believe that they are they are just on someone else's timeline and they have to wait until it becomes known to them. The only reason I know this is because I am a little tech savvy and I deal with IT a lot on my job. Microsoft and Apple are trying to improve their operating systems to keep up with a growing demand for faster better, devices that can go faster than the speed of sound. So its a bit of a struggle for third parties to try to keep their computer dependent programs afloat. There I hope my playing devil advocate explains this somewhat although it may not make your crafting needs a bit more trouble free but hopefully you now know the process of troubleshooting the computer issues. But I would like to say to those who do update and keep Provo craft and other third party company abreast of the difficulties your comments are truly appreciated, because without you all saying something it may not be known what some of these problems are. HTH

Curious II