Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

SherrieStevens Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2013 7:25:28 PM(UTC)
SherrieStevens

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 151 time(s) in 144 post(s)
I'm wanting to make some recipe books for my family but I don't know how I'm going to do them yet any sugestions or can help me get started. Thanks
LazyBee Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2013 9:06:38 PM(UTC)
LazyBee

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 639 time(s) in 306 post(s)
Here is what I did for the kids. I took small photo albums (the kind that has 2 photos per page) and gently removed the plastic, leaving just the paper portion. I then printed up recipes and pasted the pages in the book. You can embellish what ever way you want. Unfortunately the kids have them so I don't have an example to share. The kids loved them and they hold about 100 recipes.

The other option is to use binders...but I really like the way the picture albums turned out...it was like getting a bound book. I did this for my recipes and for my MIL as the kids begged for years for to make them since they were calling me all the time for the recipes.
LaLaLand Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 31, 2013 9:29:37 AM(UTC)
LaLaLand

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 55 time(s) in 39 post(s)
I made both of my daughters recipe books. Actually it turned out to be a gigantic process but worth it. I used a small manila scrapbook and covered the front. Then I found recipes from my family ( like one that my sister gave me, ones from my mom, ones Bills mom had given me .) Then I found pictures of each person trying to find pictures that had the child with the person if I could. I wrote a small info about each person or what we used the recipe for. Like there are some recipes from my mom that are family Christmas traditions. Then I scrapped it all together. It turned out really darling but took forever. Hopefully they will have them long past when I'm around.
LazyBee Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 31, 2013 4:20:09 PM(UTC)
LazyBee

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 639 time(s) in 306 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LaLaLand Go to Quoted Post
I made both of my daughters recipe books. Actually it turned out to be a gigantic process but worth it. I used a small manila scrapbook and covered the front. Then I found recipes from my family ( like one that my sister gave me, ones from my mom, ones Bills mom had given me .) Then I found pictures of each person trying to find pictures that had the child with the person if I could. I wrote a small info about each person or what we used the recipe for. Like there are some recipes from my mom that are family Christmas traditions. Then I scrapped it all together. It turned out really darling but took forever. Hopefully they will have them long past when I'm around.

My cookbook project was not a quick project either. I made two books each for the kids...one of their grandmother's recipes and one of their favorites of mine. All in all it took me close to a year to complete the project with well over 200 recipes that had been passed downed or collected from friends and family over the years. While it was a big project to complete and took quite a bit of time to produce...it was well worth the effort. It was probably one of the best presents that they have received and it keeps on giving. Who knows I may decide to do it one more time in another 20 years to add any new recipes they ask me for.