Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
SassyLady Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, November 01, 2013 10:21:10 AM(UTC)
SassyLady

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/20/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,116
Location: Helena, AL

Thanks: 262 times
Was thanked: 824 time(s) in 398 post(s)
I have 10 Christmas cards cut out and can't wait to put them together this weekend. I am at work and I think that I will design a couple of cards on the CCR to cut out and put together. I need 100 cards for my Christmas list.

I also have 75 Christmas gifts all cut out and sorted but I need to emboss so I can start putting them together.... Just a little something to make these people feel special. So as you can see I have my hands full.

What up you, what are you doing now?
CowgirlUp Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, November 01, 2013 11:30:25 AM(UTC)
CowgirlUp

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 11/27/2009(UTC)
Posts: 2,992
United States
Location: USA

Thanks: 381 times
Was thanked: 897 time(s) in 729 post(s)
I am working on Christmas cards! I need about 100, my mom needs about 50, and my aunt ordered like 30 so I am going to be very busy this month.
 1 user thanked CowgirlUp for this useful post.
SassyLady on 11/1/2013(UTC)
jojoy Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, November 01, 2013 11:55:14 AM(UTC)
jojoy

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 4/20/2009(UTC)
Posts: 7,676
United States
Location: Midwest

Thanks: 12825 times
Was thanked: 12983 time(s) in 4058 post(s)
Christmas cards, I just finished my Halloween cards last weekend! Wink Now to start my Thanksgiving Day cards. But I do have an idea for my Christmas cards.
 1 user thanked jojoy for this useful post.
SassyLady on 11/1/2013(UTC)
dorichatelain44314a80 Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, November 01, 2013 11:55:48 AM(UTC)
dorichatelain44314a80

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/16/2012(UTC)
Posts: 309
Location: Oregon

Thanks: 35 times
Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 116 post(s)
My daughter and I are making greeting cards for 2 people this year for Christmas. We will be giving 100 (that is my goal) to her great grandma that loves giving homemade cards to people and 25 to a friend of ours that used to make her own but because of physical limitations now she can't make them any more.

 1 user thanked dorichatelain44314a80 for this useful post.
SassyLady on 11/1/2013(UTC)
PedalPower! Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, November 01, 2013 12:00:50 PM(UTC)
PedalPower!

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/30/2013(UTC)
Posts: 79

Thanks: 23 times
Was thanked: 62 time(s) in 26 post(s)
I've got six snowmen cards in non-traditional colors on my table today...I'm in the middle of Copic Coloring them! BigGrin
 1 user thanked PedalPower! for this useful post.
SassyLady on 11/1/2013(UTC)
SassyLady Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, November 01, 2013 12:36:33 PM(UTC)
SassyLady

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/20/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,116
Location: Helena, AL

Thanks: 262 times
Was thanked: 824 time(s) in 398 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CowgirlUp Go to Quoted Post
I am working on Christmas cards! I need about 100, my mom needs about 50, and my aunt ordered like 30 so I am going to be very busy this month.


That is amazing! I am having all I can do to get my 100 done!
southgirltexas Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, November 01, 2013 2:07:27 PM(UTC)
southgirltexas

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/16/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,291
Location: Texarkana, Texas

Thanks: 58 times
Was thanked: 569 time(s) in 341 post(s)
I found the cutest tag on Graphic 45 website, it is a shadow box halloween one. So I made a Christmas one, it turned out pretty BUT I gave all my Christmas paper away so....I foresee a trip to HL soon. I just made a get well card to go with a bottle of wine for my buddy who had a heart attack a few months ago. I did the heart shaped one in Wild Card and embossed the front with gears and put a bandaid on it. Inside I wrote "We can fix this".

Edited by user Friday, November 01, 2013 3:03:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

southgirltexas attached the following image(s):
007.JPG
008.JPG
009.JPG
010.JPG
011.JPG
 2 users thanked southgirltexas for this useful post.
SassyLady on 11/2/2013(UTC), RobinPineo1 on 11/5/2013(UTC)
scrapalette Offline
#8 Posted : Friday, November 01, 2013 2:43:36 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 7/12/2008(UTC)
Posts: 23,740
United States
Location: FB: Cricut Lovers Guide to Design Space

Thanks: 8542 times
Was thanked: 19029 time(s) in 8504 post(s)
Funny you should ask! I have another Mania weekend starting next Friday with 48 attendees, so my desk is full of pieces of different images and Cricut is still cutting away! I have name tags and some little table gifts for each day.

I'll be gluing things together over the next week! Flapper
 1 user thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
SassyLady on 11/2/2013(UTC)
jscraftylady Offline
#9 Posted : Friday, November 01, 2013 4:35:06 PM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 11/18/2006(UTC)
Posts: 3,721
Location: Alabama

Thanks: 552 times
Was thanked: 2308 time(s) in 1241 post(s)
A new mini album. I want to do a December Daily this year but I decided to practice first on a November Notables (did I make that up or hear it somewhere?) so I could get in the groove.BigGrin
 1 user thanked jscraftylady for this useful post.
SassyLady on 11/2/2013(UTC)
bugaloo Offline
#10 Posted : Friday, November 01, 2013 4:38:39 PM(UTC)
bugaloo

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 12/18/2006(UTC)
Posts: 932
Location: No. California

Thanks: 1217 times
Was thanked: 778 time(s) in 335 post(s)
My craft table is full of new goodies! I went to Scrapbook Expo today and bought lots of fun new things! It's time to get my cricut going!!

The first thing I'm going to do is something I saw at the expo today...I'm going to cut out a bunch of tags and use a metal ring to hold them together. On each tag, with a large stamp, they had stamped and labeled the color of the different Tim Holtz stamp pads they had. I love this idea since I never can tell what the colors are and end up not using them as often as I should.
 1 user thanked bugaloo for this useful post.
SassyLady on 11/2/2013(UTC)
go-go Offline
#11 Posted : Friday, November 01, 2013 6:21:45 PM(UTC)
go-go

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 6/14/2008(UTC)
Posts: 2,054
United States
Location: Texas

Thanks: 2084 times
Was thanked: 1728 time(s) in 715 post(s)
My table is piled high. It is full of stuff I pulled out to get ready for last weekend's retreat. And, things I brought home from retreat. I am hoping to clear it off tomorrow and start working on a December daily Elf on the Shelf mini album and a baby book.
-margo
 1 user thanked go-go for this useful post.
SassyLady on 11/2/2013(UTC)
SandraB. Offline
#12 Posted : Friday, November 01, 2013 6:49:17 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 2/24/2012(UTC)
Posts: 885
Canada

Was thanked: 276 time(s) in 235 post(s)
I have a couple of scrapbook pages just needing finishing touches on my table and Tim Holtz Creative Chemistry lessons on my counterBigGrin
 1 user thanked SandraB. for this useful post.
SassyLady on 11/2/2013(UTC)
JoyceG Offline
#13 Posted : Friday, November 01, 2013 8:12:22 PM(UTC)
JoyceG

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/17/2007(UTC)
Posts: 1,786

Thanks: 1313 times
Was thanked: 912 time(s) in 593 post(s)
Originally Posted by: southgirltexas Go to Quoted Post
I found the cutest tag on Graphic 45 website, it is a shadow box halloween one. So I made a Christmas one, it turned out pretty BUT I gave all my Christmas paper away so....I foresee a trip to HL soon. I just made a get well card to go with a bottle of wine for my buddy who had a heart attack a few months ago. I did the heart shaped one in Wild Card and embossed the front with gears and put a bandaid on it. Inside I wrote "We can fix this".


Love the tag. Why did you give all your christmas paper away??

Joyce


Mary R. Offline
#14 Posted : Friday, November 01, 2013 11:58:19 PM(UTC)
Mary R.

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/29/2010(UTC)
Posts: 1,018
United States
Location: CT

Thanks: 647 times
Was thanked: 497 time(s) in 349 post(s)
I've read the replies and must say 'gosh I'd go crazy having to do 100 Christmas cards. Obviously I'm not an over-achieverLOL kudo's to you all that can handle it. You are terrific.

In August I joined Scrapbooking_Grandma’s ‘Project Thread’ and I’ve been working on all occasions/generic cards to give family and friends as Christmas gifts. At least, 10 – 12 each. Various shapes and sizes, swing cards and pop-ups a few static cards a whole variety; I hope to have enough time to make Christmas cards for Senior center people to give to their family members. I may need to do OSW for the senior center cards because they go quickly.

As of today, I completed 20 generic cards. Have 3 more family Christmas cards to do for a total of 12; Mostly swing cards and pop-up cards. They’re so much fun to make. I finished two request from cousins to create a sweet 16 B'day & an 80th B'day card; finished 4 nieces B'day cards (Sept & Oct) and have one nephew card to do this month. Also, finished one wedding card for an October 2013 wedding I went to.

Thanks Sassy Lady BigGrin for trying to get the board moving.

Best, Mary R.

PS: Many of my cards are on my Pinterest boards (pinterest.com/maryr2012) if anyone cares to see them.

Edited by user Saturday, November 02, 2013 12:01:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

 1 user thanked Mary R. for this useful post.
SassyLady on 11/2/2013(UTC)
Momtozsm Offline
#15 Posted : Saturday, November 02, 2013 2:14:44 AM(UTC)
Momtozsm

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 5/25/2008(UTC)
Posts: 205
United States

Thanks: 304 times
Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Started to make up my own card and layout kits to have handy for crops and kid's practices.
BigGrin
 1 user thanked Momtozsm for this useful post.
SassyLady on 11/2/2013(UTC)
GARDENGYPSY Offline
#16 Posted : Saturday, November 02, 2013 3:40:47 AM(UTC)
GARDENGYPSY

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 10/10/2008(UTC)
Posts: 2,886
Location: Minnesota

Thanks: 1427 times
Was thanked: 1693 time(s) in 955 post(s)
Just finished my Halloween cards and November's Paperie In Bloom Marigolds bouquet...next is to create my gratitude or harvest cards and then ramp up for Christmas cards and gift ideas.

Michelle
 1 user thanked GARDENGYPSY for this useful post.
SassyLady on 11/2/2013(UTC)
ScraphappySC Offline
#17 Posted : Saturday, November 02, 2013 4:09:28 AM(UTC)
ScraphappySC

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/18/2006(UTC)
Posts: 191
Location: South Carolina

Thanks: 34 times
Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 31 post(s)
I just finished making the cards. Unfortunately, I only made 10 because of the postage and I am still unemployed. So, the cards will go to the people who appreciate my work. I can always upload a picture of the card on FB and people can see it.

Happy card making!
 1 user thanked ScraphappySC for this useful post.
SassyLady on 11/2/2013(UTC)
jenny dennis Offline
#18 Posted : Saturday, November 02, 2013 5:00:00 AM(UTC)
jenny dennis

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 8/5/2009(UTC)
Posts: 4,776

Thanks: 22990 times
Was thanked: 15892 time(s) in 3840 post(s)
A big messLOL I have been redoing my room Scared Hopeing to get it cleaned up today. Who knows what I will findFlapper
 1 user thanked jenny dennis for this useful post.
SassyLady on 11/2/2013(UTC)
~~TP98~~ Offline
#19 Posted : Saturday, November 02, 2013 6:21:27 AM(UTC)
~~TP98~~

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/24/2008(UTC)
Posts: 604
United States
Location: Virginia

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 430 time(s) in 121 post(s)
My desk, floor and space has stuff everywhere. I am sorting and organizing so I can play later today!
 1 user thanked ~~TP98~~ for this useful post.
SassyLady on 11/2/2013(UTC)
SassyLady Offline
#20 Posted : Saturday, November 02, 2013 7:36:12 AM(UTC)
SassyLady

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/20/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,116
Location: Helena, AL

Thanks: 262 times
Was thanked: 824 time(s) in 398 post(s)
Originally Posted by: southgirltexas Go to Quoted Post
I found the cutest tag on Graphic 45 website, it is a shadow box halloween one. So I made a Christmas one, it turned out pretty BUT I gave all my Christmas paper away so....I foresee a trip to HL soon. I just made a get well card to go with a bottle of wine for my buddy who had a heart attack a few months ago. I did the heart shaped one in Wild Card and embossed the front with gears and put a bandaid on it. Inside I wrote "We can fix this".


This is beautiful.... and yes you need to run out and get some paper, everybody has got great Christmas paper this year.
SassyLady Offline
#21 Posted : Saturday, November 02, 2013 7:37:53 AM(UTC)
SassyLady

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/20/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,116
Location: Helena, AL

Thanks: 262 times
Was thanked: 824 time(s) in 398 post(s)
Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post
Funny you should ask! I have another Mania weekend starting next Friday with 48 attendees, so my desk is full of pieces of different images and Cricut is still cutting away! I have name tags and some little table gifts for each day.

I'll be gluing things together over the next week! Flapper


That sounds like fun. I invested in some Crafters Companion spray glue and it is really helping out on those large projects. I love my Cricut!
SassyLady Offline
#22 Posted : Saturday, November 02, 2013 7:39:28 AM(UTC)
SassyLady

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/20/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,116
Location: Helena, AL

Thanks: 262 times
Was thanked: 824 time(s) in 398 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jscraftylady Go to Quoted Post
A new mini album. I want to do a December Daily this year but I decided to practice first on a November Notables (did I make that up or hear it somewhere?) so I could get in the groove.BigGrin


I have only done 1 mini album and admire those that make them as I find them difficult to make... yet I love them. Be sure to post it when you are done so we can all see it.
SassyLady Offline
#23 Posted : Saturday, November 02, 2013 7:40:43 AM(UTC)
SassyLady

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/20/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,116
Location: Helena, AL

Thanks: 262 times
Was thanked: 824 time(s) in 398 post(s)
Originally Posted by: bugaloo Go to Quoted Post
My craft table is full of new goodies! I went to Scrapbook Expo today and bought lots of fun new things! It's time to get my cricut going!!

The first thing I'm going to do is something I saw at the expo today...I'm going to cut out a bunch of tags and use a metal ring to hold them together. On each tag, with a large stamp, they had stamped and labeled the color of the different Tim Holtz stamp pads they had. I love this idea since I never can tell what the colors are and end up not using them as often as I should.


What a great idea! Thanks for sharing with us.
SassyLady Offline
#24 Posted : Saturday, November 02, 2013 7:42:17 AM(UTC)
SassyLady

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/20/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,116
Location: Helena, AL

Thanks: 262 times
Was thanked: 824 time(s) in 398 post(s)
Originally Posted by: go-go Go to Quoted Post
My table is piled high. It is full of stuff I pulled out to get ready for last weekend's retreat. And, things I brought home from retreat. I am hoping to clear it off tomorrow and start working on a December daily Elf on the Shelf mini album and a baby book.
-margo


Another mini album maker, I admire you too. Be sure to share it with us when you are done!
SassyLady Offline
#25 Posted : Saturday, November 02, 2013 7:44:18 AM(UTC)
SassyLady

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/20/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,116
Location: Helena, AL

Thanks: 262 times
Was thanked: 824 time(s) in 398 post(s)
Originally Posted by: SandraB. Go to Quoted Post
I have a couple of scrapbook pages just needing finishing touches on my table and Tim Holtz Creative Chemistry lessons on my counterBigGrin


I am a scrapbooker and find so much enjoyemnt in those completed pages, be sure to share them with us so we can admire your work.
SassyLady Offline
#26 Posted : Saturday, November 02, 2013 7:47:48 AM(UTC)
SassyLady

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/20/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,116
Location: Helena, AL

Thanks: 262 times
Was thanked: 824 time(s) in 398 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mary R. Go to Quoted Post
I've read the replies and must say 'gosh I'd go crazy having to do 100 Christmas cards. Obviously I'm not an over-achieverLOL kudo's to you all that can handle it. You are terrific.

In August I joined Scrapbooking_Grandma’s ‘Project Thread’ and I’ve been working on all occasions/generic cards to give family and friends as Christmas gifts. At least, 10 – 12 each. Various shapes and sizes, swing cards and pop-ups a few static cards a whole variety; I hope to have enough time to make Christmas cards for Senior center people to give to their family members. I may need to do OSW for the senior center cards because they go quickly.

As of today, I completed 20 generic cards. Have 3 more family Christmas cards to do for a total of 12; Mostly swing cards and pop-up cards. They’re so much fun to make. I finished two request from cousins to create a sweet 16 B'day & an 80th B'day card; finished 4 nieces B'day cards (Sept & Oct) and have one nephew card to do this month. Also, finished one wedding card for an October 2013 wedding I went to.

Thanks Sassy Lady BigGrin for trying to get the board moving.

Best, Mary R.

PS: Many of my cards are on my Pinterest boards (pinterest.com/maryr2012) if anyone cares to see them.


WOW Mary you have been a busy busy lady. I admire you for wanting to share your cards with others... you are truly a blessing to others. I would love to see your cards so I will check them out on pinterest but be sure to post some here to encourage others too! Thank you!
SassyLady Offline
#27 Posted : Saturday, November 02, 2013 7:49:34 AM(UTC)
SassyLady

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/20/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,116
Location: Helena, AL

Thanks: 262 times
Was thanked: 824 time(s) in 398 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Momtozsm Go to Quoted Post
Started to make up my own card and layout kits to have handy for crops and kid's practices.
BigGrin


Great thing to do.... I make my own little kits too and it is so nice and easy to be organized like that. Thanks for reminding us of this time saver!
SassyLady Offline
#28 Posted : Saturday, November 02, 2013 7:51:46 AM(UTC)
SassyLady

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/20/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,116
Location: Helena, AL

Thanks: 262 times
Was thanked: 824 time(s) in 398 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GARDENGYPSY Go to Quoted Post
Just finished my Halloween cards and November's Paperie In Bloom Marigolds bouquet...next is to create my gratitude or harvest cards and then ramp up for Christmas cards and gift ideas.

Michelle


Sounds like you are going to be very busy too. Be sure to share some of your harvest cards with us.... I never did those like I should but I always had so many Christmas cards to do that I never found the time... I just ooooo and ahhhhh over those that make them.
SassyLady Offline
#29 Posted : Saturday, November 02, 2013 7:53:35 AM(UTC)
SassyLady

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/20/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,116
Location: Helena, AL

Thanks: 262 times
Was thanked: 824 time(s) in 398 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ScraphappySC Go to Quoted Post
I just finished making the cards. Unfortunately, I only made 10 because of the postage and I am still unemployed. So, the cards will go to the people who appreciate my work. I can always upload a picture of the card on FB and people can see it.

Happy card making!


I would love to see your beautiful cards so if you get a chance do post here and I think it is a great idea to share them on facebook to your friends and family. I hope all will go well with you.
SassyLady Offline
#30 Posted : Saturday, November 02, 2013 7:54:48 AM(UTC)
SassyLady

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/20/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,116
Location: Helena, AL

Thanks: 262 times
Was thanked: 824 time(s) in 398 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jennydennis Go to Quoted Post
A big messLOL I have been redoing my room Scared Hopeing to get it cleaned up today. Who knows what I will findFlapper


Let's hope you find all kinds of goodies to scrap with and an nice big area to create on!
 1 user thanked SassyLady for this useful post.
jenny dennis on 11/2/2013(UTC)
Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 Pages12>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF | YAF © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 2.037 seconds.
nebo-cricut-04