Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
TurtleBug Offline
#31 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 12:47:48 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 974 time(s) in 635 post(s)
Originally Posted by: *NanaDonna* Go to Quoted Post
I am here peaking it. I have not been feeling to well the last few days but I did try and get in my craft room yesterday to make sketch #3. I cut everything out and it was so horrific looking that I did not even glue it together. Back to the drawing board today. Thanks Turtlebug for your inspiration on #3 I make have to lift a couple things from your card. I am trying real hard to get things done because Friday I am leaving to go to Colorado to pick up my Mom and bring her back here to spend the winter with us. I am looking forward to it because it is me and my son (42) & daughter(41) going and we have never done this just us together. We will be doing a lot of talking I am sure, it will be a fun 12 hour (one-way) drive.LOL

Donna,
Sorry you are still not up to par, hope you are feeling better by Friday and able to make the trip. I know how much you have been looking forward to it.
I HAVE INSPIRED YOU????...NOW THAT IS A BIG TIME SWITCH!! Now I know how bad you REALLY are feelingLOL LOL LOL All kidding aside, please get better soon!Love

Edited by user Monday, November 11, 2013 12:48:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

*NanaDonna* Offline
#32 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 2:46:42 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2645 time(s) in 1400 post(s)
OK, I hope I don't get in trouble here because there is no Cricut. If anyone this it is inappropriate for me to share here let me know and I will delete it. You ladies are where I share a lot of things I make and I want to share this t-shirt I made for Emma's Mommy.

1 user thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 11/13/2013(UTC)
BingoLady Offline
#33 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 3:40:40 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 994 time(s) in 679 post(s)
Donna I hope you are filling better. If not, I'm going to have to take your
place and get your mom.BigGrin BigGrin

Turtlebug, shame on you LOL LOL not a shape card, well I will forgive you.
Just kidding.They both came out nice.

Today is my bingo night, so I will be back.Cool Cool
I want to see more wonderful cards.

Tiffany will love her shirt.
Gisele Offline
#34 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 6:50:43 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Was thanked: 549 time(s) in 339 post(s)
Sorry no cards yet! I have Sketch #1 designed in CCR and I am still working on the others. I agree with skipping Dec 18th to the 31st.

Kiethann – Hope you are feeling better and it is good that you are taking it slowly to avoid any setbacks.

Carol – So glad that you will have offered to host! Don’t stress too much for your first time – it will go smoothly. Beautiful card for Sketch #1 with the nice embossing! What a great shaped card! Good idea to leave a strong base and such great layering!

Donna – a great sketch for #2! I am somewhat struggling with that one but hopefully with I will get inspired soon. Love sketch your Sketch #1 – it is so pretty and elegant! Hope you will feel better soon! A twelve-hour road trip with your two children sounds like a fun time. Will you make the trip back this weekend too? Love the t-shirt design for Emma’s mother – do keep on sharing your projects! My 19 year old son quickly glanced at my laptop and said: Wow, cool an infinity anchor!

Turtlebug – you found some great goodies on your shopping expedition! I see 2 nice embossing folders and pretty lace and ribbon! Great snowflake card – love the blue and silver combination! It actually snowed a bit on Sunday and today but the weather is still mild so it is melting as soon as it touches the ground. Lots of nice details on your Sketch #1 and it seems like another wonderful cut from the Winter Wonderland cart! Sketch #3 card is very pretty too – love how you embossed within the heart shape! Great extra credit – sometimes what we envision doesn’t quite turn out the way that we had hoped! I like the use of the lace and real buttons! A great girly card!

BingoLady - hope you won at bingo tonight! Thanks again for the great sketches and I will be posting later this week!

Edited by user Monday, November 11, 2013 6:51:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked Gisele for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 11/16/2013(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#35 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 8:23:08 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Would like to share a card I made last week that my friend ordered for her daughter's birthday next month. I used Plantin Schoolbook for the blue circle and a Spellbinder for the white circle. The Cuttlebug "Stars" folder for embossing the silver background.
I made it 5.50 X 6.50, the strip above the sentiment is in the same silver foil cardstock as the stars at the top and on the big star I used LOTS of glitter. Spellbinder for the white circle.
She LOVES the Dallas Cowboys, this is what I came up with:
TFL!!Smile

Front of card:

Inside of Card:

Edited by user Tuesday, November 12, 2013 12:54:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
LisaW. Offline
#36 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 9:44:05 AM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 102 post(s)
Hi ladies

Been feeling a little under the weather so working through my shifts and laying on the couch. Not really sick...just feeling blah and am sooo tired. Tonight is scrapbook night if I go and then maybe tomorrow my world will be right again and I can get to the sketches.

I think taking a break will be fine...either way is okay with me. I will use that extra time to get some sketches prepared so when it is time for me to host again I will be ready:).

Lisa
DeeScraps Offline
#37 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 11:07:28 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Was thanked: 776 time(s) in 606 post(s)
Taking a break will be OK with me.

Here's my AD Color card and Sketch #3. I had a hard time getting the colors to look right on the photo. The BG paper is black and gray and from Hobby Lobby. The hearts are from punches and also Spellbinder. Thread and bling from my stash.

I'll be back later to post my comments.

Dee

[img=http://][/img]
 1 user thanked DeeScraps for this useful post.
BingoLady Offline
#38 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 12:12:55 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Turtlebug , she is going to love it. I like all the decor, except for one thing.
The team LOL LOL It could of been the Raiders or the 49ers.LOL LOL

Dee, wonderful card with the ad colors, Like the way you did the hearts.
Hope to see some more of your nice cards.
Kiethann Offline
#39 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 12:38:24 PM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States
Location: master questionair page 16 post 465 new MQ page 1 post 6

Was thanked: 771 time(s) in 588 post(s)
Taking a break will work for me also.
*NanaDonna* Offline
#40 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 11:36:20 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Sorry Bingolady for not being more active. I felt so bad yesterday I only got off the couch to go to the doctor. Feeling better today, but losing a whole day yesterday I lost a lot of time, have some paperwork stuff I have to get done before I leave Friday morning. I hope I get it done today and get to work on my card. I do have a file all set up in CCR for my #3 but my Imagine is not cooperating, so I may have to scarp it and start over.
Just wanted to peak in and let everyone know why I have not been around,

So it sounds like most are in agreement to have a twoo week break around the holidays
CricketCMV Offline
#41 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 7:14:51 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8269 time(s) in 4871 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BingoLady Go to Quoted Post
And here is my extra credit. I'm mad you can't see the eyes

You can see the eyes when you ENLARGE! Very cute! - Char
CricketCMV Offline
#42 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 7:20:22 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8269 time(s) in 4871 post(s)
I haven't been over here for a very long time; just got too busy and you ladies are all so, so chatty (I LOVE THAT) and I just didn't feel I had the extra time to keep up with all of you.

BUT, I have missed you.

Looking at all your creations here just warm my heart. I will probably start coming here, again. Our MBs are so very slow. BUT, we had been very busy this year and I decided I spent way too much time on here, so I took a vacation. Things have slowed down for us (probably for the next three weeks, then they'll start hoppin' again). So, I hope to come here every day for a while.

YOUR CREATIONS are truly beautiful, creative.....keep it up ladies!

Char
BingoLady Offline
#43 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 7:50:58 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Donna, it,s okay, just take it easy so you will be okay for your long trip.
I know you will get them done. Have a safe trip.Love Love

CricketCMV, Oh we would love to have you join in. You can make one or all
of the sketches. We would love to see your cards.

Turtlebug, with me its okay if we do have a break. Or we can have one or two
sketches. Just so we don't get bored.LOL LOL
 1 user thanked BingoLady for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 11/16/2013(UTC)
*NanaDonna* Offline
#44 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2013 1:59:55 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

OK, I finally got my Imagine to behave and cooperate with CCR so I was able to finish my sketch #3 and in the ad colors too.
All papers and imagines are printed and cut using the Imagine cartridge Lori's Garden.

I really don't think I am going to get to extra credit just running out of time.Blushing
*NanaDonna* Offline
#45 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2013 5:39:34 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

I got another quicl card done for #3. I started it yesterday when my Imagine was not working so I just went ahead and finished it.
No Cricut
Gingerbread people are Dazzle stickers that I mounted om paper and cut out

Off to go packBigGrin
LisaW. Offline
#46 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2013 8:59:40 AM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 102 post(s)
it has been a chaotic week...something going on every night.

Just wanted to say Donna have a safe trip.
*NanaDonna* Offline
#47 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2013 9:45:54 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Hello, just wanted to let everyone know we made it safely to Colorado.
It was a rather rough trip and took us a couple hours longer than usual but we made it
safe and sound.
I am very tired and not feeling too great
TurtleBug Offline
#48 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2013 12:06:09 AM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Happy week-end everyone!

NanaDonna

#1 - Very pretty and elegant with the crisp white and touch of blue. Pretty glittery snowflake and like the addition of the glitter silver skittles.
Very nice t-shirt, you did a great job on it. Emma's Mommy will wear it proudly!
#3 and Ad Colors- Pretty!! Like the floral border, unique way to interpret the borders in the sketch. Like the layered frame and sentiment, nice touch with the tiny pearls.
Second #3 - Cute! Like the festive BG pattern paper and the Gingerbread Grandma and Grandpa.

CricutCMV
Thanks for peeking in and your nice somments. Very fun and caring group of ladies on here, please join us at anytime!

LisaW
Hope you are feeling better soon!ThumpUp

Dee
#3 & Ad Colors - Very pretty AC card, love the paisley BG paper. I can see the gray in the pattern and I like the ribbon that you used, perfect for this challenge.

Edited by user Saturday, November 16, 2013 12:10:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TurtleBug Offline
#49 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2013 12:18:06 AM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Originally Posted by: *NanaDonna* Go to Quoted Post
Hello, just wanted to let everyone know we made it safely to Colorado.
It was a rather rough trip and took us a couple hours longer than usual but we made it
safe and sound.
I am very tired and not feeling too great

Donna,
Glad you made it safely, did you run into bad weather? Oh Donna, am wondering if maybe you should have delayed the trip till you felt better??Unsure Unsure Unsure. Get to feeling better soon and have a safer trip back home.

Edited by user Saturday, November 16, 2013 12:18:53 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

*NanaDonna* Offline
#50 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2013 9:33:07 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Originally Posted by: TurtleBug Go to Quoted Post
Donna,
Glad you made it safely, did you run into bad weather? Oh Donna, am wondering if maybe you should have delayed the trip till you felt better??Unsure Unsure Unsure. Get to feeling better soon and have a safer trip back home.

Yes we did run into a bit of bad weather, it started to snow a bit when we were about 50 miles from Moms, luckily the temperature was above freezing so it was not sticking too bad. Just a couple hours before that we got attacked by blowing tumble weeds there was hundreds of them blowing across the road, craziest thing I ever saw.

Feeling much better today, I think I had a fever last night and it broke. Didn't want to put off the trip any longer as the weather would have just got much worse, plus want Mom home for Thanksgiving.

BingoLady Offline
#51 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2013 12:00:43 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Hello ladies, hope all of you are having a nice weekend.
Donna I,m glad you got their safe. Have a good time.
Joyful Carol Offline
#52 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2013 9:36:53 PM(UTC)
Joyful Carol

Was thanked: 661 time(s) in 306 post(s)
Sketch #3 The horse is cut at 3" from the Old West Cartridge with its layer. Inked around the edges and used a black marker to put in the eyes, nostril, mouth, & hooves. I cut a second horse and placed foam squares between the two & then used more foam squares to pop them both off of the card front. The words Horsin' Around were from Country Life cut at 1 1/4". I used the shadow feature and adhered the base letters to the shadow and used my black marker to write in the letters. I used just the "N" and "O" from the layer for the words to spell the word NO. I stamped Get Well Soon inside of the card and heat embossed it. The ribbon was some I bought off of a mark down rack ages ago, I folded it in half across the bottom to go through the buckle brad. I also added a few matching tiny brads on the right side of the card.
Joyful Carol attached the following image(s):
No Horsin' Around.jpg
No Horsin' Around.jpg
BingoLady Offline
#53 Posted : Sunday, November 17, 2013 11:59:42 AM(UTC)
BingoLady

Hello

Carol, what an nice card, love the horse. Thankyou for posting your wonderful card.

Gisele Offline
#54 Posted : Sunday, November 17, 2013 3:13:13 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Hi gang! Sorry I haven’t been on the boards much. I had hoped to get more of the sketches done but I’ve been spending time on my first mini album for my daughter’s birthday at the end of the month. I decided to start BIG with an album using a tutorial that I purchased from Kathy Orta from Paper Phenomenon. I have spent several hours and sadly I am only 2/3 complete. It is looking great but just takes a lot of time. I guess that’s why I stick to making cards!

Turtlebug - Wow! Great Dallas Cowboys card! Love the silver foil cardstock!

Donna – Wow despite not feeling well, you still managed to get Sketch#3 done with your Imagine. Very pretty card! Cute Gingerbread card! Happy to hear that you made it safely to pick up your Mom despite the snowstorm! I can’t even imagine blowing tumble weeds on the roadway.

Dee – Lovely card in the ad colours – pretty Spellbinder doily and great background paper!

Char – hope you will join in!

Joyful Carol – That’s a great extra credit card! Love the embossing and ribbon that you chose!
 1 user thanked Gisele for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 11/17/2013(UTC)
Gisele Offline
#55 Posted : Sunday, November 17, 2013 3:17:10 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Here is my Sketch #1 in the ad colours!

I welded the Sleigh from Teresa Collins Dec 25th with a frame from Elegant Edges. Poinsettia is also Dec. 25th cart.

*NanaDonna* Offline
#56 Posted : Sunday, November 17, 2013 8:25:40 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

hello ladies, still here is chilly Colorado but having a great time. Will be heading home on Tuesday, miss my hubby haven't been apart from him in many years. Still not 100% but a little better everyday. I will attempt to make my comments,

Thanks everyone for the kind words on my cards and the shirt I shared.

Carol your pumpkin card is wonderful I love all the inking and shadowing. Your ex credit is adorable, what a cute chipmunk and I love the leaves nice touch #3 cool card I love the western theme, the horse cut is so cute.

Turtlebug - fabulous #2 I love all the sparkle and glitter very pretty card. #1 very nice Christmas card I love all the details and perfect sentiment to use with those bells. #3 lovely, I love the sheer ribbon and the two brads in the corner very nice. Great embossing I love your button card, that paper is fabulous and love the play on words, great job. Great Cowboy card, I am sure they will love it. I know my son-in-law would

Lisa I hope you start to feel better

Dee - very pretty card, I love the way you used the ad colors in this card.

Gisele - awesome card, great job welding that all together, Love the pink flowers

I hope I didn't miss anyone and I hope I did not have too many typosBlushing

I think we should take the two week break and most have indicated that that is what they want.
 1 user thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 11/18/2013(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#57 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2013 12:42:39 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Hope everyone had a great week-end!

Please Note****
It looks like everyone is liking a 2-week break from December 18th to December 31st. I will be Hosting the week of January 1st to 14th, 2014. No sure what the family has planned for New Year's Eve/Day, but I definitely will have the new sketches posted by New Year's Day. Looking forward to Hosts Joyful Carol and NanaDonna's sketches leading up to the Christmas Break. Lets finish the year out with some awesome cards, Ladies!
Anyone wanting to Host after January 14th, please do.

Joyful Carol
#3 - Great western-themed card! LOVE the ribbon pattern and metal buckle. Nice work on the horse image... the "NO Horsin Around" sentiment is too cute, like the technique you used to create it. It is perfect to give for a Get Well card!

Gisele
Very pretty! Like the welded silhouette sleigh and frame and how you popped it. Like the poinsettias with the glittery silver centers and the BG paper works perfect as a nighttime effect.

Edited by user Monday, November 18, 2013 12:49:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

BingoLady Offline
#58 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2013 1:06:35 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Hello to all of you wonderful ladies.

Gisele, oh my what a beauitful card. Love the way the sleigh came out.

Donna I'm so glad your having fun, Away from GrumpyLOL LOL LOL
*NanaDonna* Offline
#59 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2013 5:13:15 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Bingolady - What's wrong you don't like my 2 sketch #3sSad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
DeeScraps Offline
#60 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2013 5:52:39 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Was thanked: 776 time(s) in 606 post(s)
Hi everyone.

I had some shaped cards that came with a magazine I bought last year, so I thought I'd adapt it for the extra-credit card. I'm not thrilled with it, but I have several friends who love cats, so I think I'll find it a good home. I used scraps from my #3 card, so it also uses the Ad Colors.

Thanks for looking,

Dee

[img=http://][/img]