Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
GypsyD Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 9:31:34 PM(UTC)
GypsyD

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1210 time(s) in 825 post(s)
This place used to have a ton of people on it. Where did they all go?
deleted Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 9:52:58 PM(UTC)
deleted

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 54 post(s)
Facebook
MaryScraps Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 4:14:33 AM(UTC)
MaryScraps

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 6875 time(s) in 2794 post(s)
I come here but don't post much. But you can find me on 2 peas.
There you can talk about all kinds of crafting products.
 1 user thanked MaryScraps for this useful post.
Scrapperdee on 11/12/2013(UTC)
BJR Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 7:20:25 AM(UTC)
BJR

Was thanked: 446 time(s) in 327 post(s)
All that and the fact that these boards are not being cared for doesn't help, some days there are more spam that threads we post. All they have to do is remove them at least once ina while. BJR.
FootballChick Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 8:38:27 AM(UTC)
FootballChick

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 40 post(s)
I agree -- where did all the people go? I used to be this board daily 3 to 4 years ago. Always great ideas back then! Now I log on about once a month. There used to be a girl on here named MandyFerg years ago. She was awesome!!
CricketCMV Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 11:23:17 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8072 time(s) in 4722 post(s)
We don't have to rely on those WHO USED TO BE HERE. They're probably not going to come back. WHERE ARE ALL OF YOU WHO ONLY COME HERE to lurk or check out what's going on here? WE NEED YOUR HELP to get things jumping on these MBs.

Because some chose (freely; and, of course, they have every right to do so....most of them leave because they do want to talk about other companies and what they offer and that's okay) to broaden their horizons, it kind of left the rest of us here by ourselves to try to carry on. THERE are a few who are trying to keep us going and I'm thankful they are still here.

WE NEED NEW BLOOD.....along with those who have stayed who keep us all going.

SO, if you don't particularly have to go somewhere else to ENJOY what is going on here, why not join in and try to help us get the INSPIRATION, MOJO BACK, INTEREST right here in RIVER CITY (PC country).

We don't all have time to go to FACEBOOK entries every day. I do peruse FB; but, I don't necessarily go to the CRICUT site or other crafting sites....I go there to keep up with family and friends over and beyond crafting. I don't have time to come here and go to FB for crafting, too.

I do feel PC stifled a lot of the crafters who are close to professionals and/or those who make money off their creations. I think we still have some of them here, but they are more low key than they used to be because of PC's restrictions on their customers. That was unfortunate for PC and for those of us who really LOVED all the inspiration we got from those who left us. Again, I'm very thankful for those who stayed and for their perseverance here with the rest of us.

I HOPE OTHERS WHO COME HERE TO LURK will start joining in, showing us your creations and helping to make this the site it once was a few years ago.

Char
 1 user thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
BJR on 11/13/2013(UTC)
MamaC Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 12:01:36 PM(UTC)
MamaC

United States

Was thanked: 1542 time(s) in 640 post(s)
I haven't been on the message board because I couldn't login!! For the past several weeks, I was only able to read this message board. I was not able to login to the Circle board or this one!

Seems there has been a glitch in the 'get-along' with cricut.com! Well, somebody got it right at cricut.com! I was able to login today with my PC and the MacBook Pro that I am using right now!

This is a good Cricut Day!!!!!
 2 users thanked MamaC for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 11/12/2013(UTC), BJR on 11/13/2013(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#8 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 12:11:18 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: MamaC Go to Quoted Post
I haven't been on the message board because I couldn't login!! For the past several weeks, I was only able to read this message board. I was not able to login to the Circle board or this one!

Seems there has been a glitch in the 'get-along' with cricut.com! Well, somebody got it right at cricut.com! I was able to login today with my PC and the MacBook Pro that I am using right now!

I've been wondering about you, MamaC. Glad to see you're having a good Cricut Day!!

Hope your problems are now fixed.

Char
MamaC on 11/12/2013(UTC)
SassyLady Offline
#9 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 3:01:50 PM(UTC)
SassyLady

Was thanked: 824 time(s) in 398 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
We don't have to rely on those WHO USED TO BE HERE. They're probably not going to come back. WHERE ARE ALL OF YOU WHO ONLY COME HERE to lurk or check out what's going on here? WE NEED YOUR HELP to get things jumping on these MBs.

Because some chose (freely; and, of course, they have every right to do so....most of them leave because they do want to talk about other companies and what they offer and that's okay) to broaden their horizons, it kind of left the rest of us here by ourselves to try to carry on. THERE are a few who are trying to keep us going and I'm thankful they are still here.

WE NEED NEW BLOOD.....along with those who have stayed who keep us all going.

SO, if you don't particularly have to go somewhere else to ENJOY what is going on here, why not join in and try to help us get the INSPIRATION, MOJO BACK, INTEREST right here in RIVER CITY (PC country).

We don't all have time to go to FACEBOOK entries every day. I do peruse FB; but, I don't necessarily go to the CRICUT site or other crafting sites....I go there to keep up with family and friends over and beyond crafting. I don't have time to come here and go to FB for crafting, too.

I do feel PC stifled a lot of the crafters who are close to professionals and/or those who make money off their creations. I think we still have some of them here, but they are more low key than they used to be because of PC's restrictions on their customers. That was unfortunate for PC and for those of us who really LOVED all the inspiration we got from those who left us. Again, I'm very thankful for those who stayed and for their perseverance here with the rest of us.

I HOPE OTHERS WHO COME HERE TO LURK will start joining in, showing us your creations and helping to make this the site it once was a few years ago.

Char

Char I agree.... sign in and post.... we want to hear from all of you!
 1 user thanked SassyLady for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 11/12/2013(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#10 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 3:21:42 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

RIGHT NOW....at the bottom of the Cricut Chat forum there are 88 Guests lurking. I realize many of you don't have the luxury of being here for long periods of time....but, is that true?

Why do you only LURK? We need a lot of you trying to make this the place it once used to be.

Thanks SassyLady....for your comment.

Char

P.S......To any lurkers who don't know they can enter into our conversations, just type in your email address to sign up and think up a really cool password to come here, create your profile (or not....you only need to enter your information you want there; don't give out personal information and you don't have to give your name if you don't want to do so and many of us just put down the name of the State we live in....rather than the actual town) and TALK, TALK, TALK!

I don't mean to sound patronizing....when I first came here in 2008 I had no clue how to get in on the conversations. That's the only reason I came back to mention this to all of you.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 12, 2013 3:25:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

rhondah* on 11/14/2013(UTC)
Sherri Kay Offline
#11 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 3:27:00 PM(UTC)
Sherri Kay

United States

Was thanked: 2395 time(s) in 2147 post(s)
I have the E2 and the "other" machine and use them both. I still come here to post. I just wish more people would post. It gets so booooooorrrrrriinngg!!
Di&Co Offline
#12 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 4:12:26 PM(UTC)
Di&Co

Canada

Was thanked: 21051 time(s) in 5245 post(s)
I agree with Char, you can't have a hopping board if you just lurk. Jump in and join us! Glad to have you back MamaC. I've also heard others trying to post but could not get on.

It's also hard to compete with 100 cartridges being released in one year. Im still trying to catch up buying all those that I wanted! It was exciting to always want to see what was new and being released. We just don't have as many. Im not sure how many carts there are now, but good gravy, we have lots and lots to choose from and share. No reason at all to not find creativity.

Lots of new faces, the previous members chose to leave and that's their choice, but that doesnt mean the rest of us who still love our machines cant provide inspiration!

I love my bugs.
 3 users thanked Di&Co for this useful post.
MamaC on 11/12/2013(UTC), CricketCMV on 11/12/2013(UTC), BJR on 11/13/2013(UTC)
jscraftylady Offline
#13 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 4:25:14 PM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Was thanked: 2305 time(s) in 1240 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MamaC Go to Quoted Post

I was able to log in, too. And without jumping through hoops.BigGrin
 1 user thanked jscraftylady for this useful post.
MamaC on 11/12/2013(UTC)
married05 Offline
#14 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 4:52:37 PM(UTC)
married05

Was thanked: 232 time(s) in 198 post(s)
Log in issues kept me away for a while. I wasn't able to log in on my Kindle or phone. I check here every now and then - I'm just way too busy now with an 18 month old and full time job to even craft anymore. :(
MaryStillman Offline
#15 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 5:48:45 PM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Was thanked: 1245 time(s) in 789 post(s)
Generally I don't have that much to say. But, I do enjoy reading what you ladies write.

Mary
DeniseE Offline
#16 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 6:08:17 PM(UTC)
DeniseE

United States

Was thanked: 326 time(s) in 299 post(s)
I log in several times a day and mostly post on the RAK and Swap threads, where I hang out. I get a lot of inspiration here on the Cricut Board. And though I do own other machines, Cricut is still my go to. It was my first electronic cutter And have 4 of them, the Personal, E, E2 and mini. The mini is always set up.
melodylanedesigns Offline
#17 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 7:49:52 PM(UTC)
melodylanedesigns

Was thanked: 1919 time(s) in 941 post(s)
Sometimes I feel like no one cares what I post because not many reply or even look at it. It's ok if your not interested I just don't post as much as I used too.
LaLaLand Offline
#18 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 8:04:26 PM(UTC)
LaLaLand

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 36 post(s)
I used to live for this board but when they started that Circle business this board crashed. Now it seems like there isn't much going on and some of the topics I'm just not into. Maybe people got blogs to promote their crafts so they don't post too much here. And yes I agree sometimes I post a thread then no one replies and then I feel like a a loser. Boo hoo
EstherWheat Offline
#19 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 8:27:00 PM(UTC)
EstherWheat

Was thanked: 222 time(s) in 138 post(s)
Originally Posted by: melodylanedesigns Go to Quoted Post
Sometimes I feel like no one cares what I post because not many reply or even look at it. It's ok if your not interested I just don't post as much as I used too.

I feel the same way. If I post something it would be nice to hear from others about what they think. Sometimes there will be tons of looks but only one or two comments.
ksqueenb Offline
#20 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 8:31:53 PM(UTC)
ksqueenb

United States

Was thanked: 367 time(s) in 233 post(s)
There are still lots of us here but when the board started getting nasty and you were afraid that no matter what you posted it would be taken out of context. it became a chore to post responses and comments. I've spent a lot more time of th RAK and Swap forum lately as I enjoy
the challenge and posts stay positive and supportive.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 12, 2013 8:33:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

scrapalette Offline
#21 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 8:39:43 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18987 time(s) in 8485 post(s)
For a while, anyone who posted anything positive about PC or their Cricut in this forum, took a beating in the comments from others who were mad about not being able to use 3rd party software or talk about competitor's cutters. So they left. A lot of them simply went to the project forums {cards, LOs, Vinyl, other Crafts} and post there because the people who went to those forums were looking for ideas and inspiration.

Some only post on their blogs to get traffic there. But if you don't post a little teaser on the MB, we don't know to go look at your blog.

Some went to FB. They are several Cricut groups over there that were started when we had the security code and "slow to load" issues on the forums.

Some moved on to other cutters or even other crafts.

But, like others have said, there are still lots of people who visit this forum and if they all posted only once per day, the conversations here would definitely increase.
CricketCMV Offline
#22 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 8:54:09 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

I, for one, love all the conversations. To me, that's what makes the MB.....while I do love mostly about crafting, I do love all the other conversations, too.

So, granted, we don't all like/LOVE the same things.

There were many times I have felt noone wanted to comment to my posts, too, and I felt very dejected here from time-to-time. BUT, since I've been here beginning in 2008, I have slowly built up the courage to feel OKAY if noone posts on a thread I've started or if they don't want to comment about a card I've posted.

I enjoy "running off" on a subject here and there and I don't really worry about how someone "takes me" or whether or not they might or might not comment. I don't really care anymore.

BUT, I do feel I get much better response after several years of repeatedly trying. It's for me; not for anyone else. Well, it's for those who care to comment on my threads/posts/cards/projects, also.

THIS IS MY ENJOYMENT EVERY DAY....when I can be here. I can't always be here every day; but most...I am.

When I worked (35 years), I hardly said anything to anyone all day long. I was always the "peon", the one sticking to my work all day long and always having plenty to do, never taking time to visit all that much (I was always kept plenty busy and I tried to do all my jobs 100%+) and NEVER snacking during the day. I think that saved me from gaining wayyyyyyyy too much weight over the years.

When I stayed home with my kids for nine years (when they were younger), I talked to kids all day long. When my DH came home at night, I talked and talked and talked.

Now, I talk to all of you. Whether or not you want to listen.

MAYBE SOME OTHERS OUT THERE NEED THAT SAME OUTLET IN THEIR LIVES.

If you do, come on along. Don't hold back. Keep trying. Someday, we'll all sit up and take notice!

Char
BJR on 11/13/2013(UTC)
Di&Co Offline
#23 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 9:09:05 PM(UTC)
Di&Co

Canada

About a couple years ago, it wasnt that unusual that several of us felt like thread killers...then it turned into a game. What actually happened is that the threads got longer and longer because there was always someone vying to be the thread killer. For a while, being the last one or the only one wasn't so bad. I guess it's all in the way you think about it.

I believe there is a daily thread or a chat thread on both sides. No thread killers there. BigGrin Why don't you try and join those, Im sure they would love to have you. When there was a daily thread on this side, I always posted on it as I did in the Circle. Many posted both boards, which is fine, the more the merrier.

I try and come every day, this fall has been especially busy for myself in my personal life, so I haven't posted on the boards as often. Things are starting to slow down for me, so Im posting a bit more often.

If we all posted on 5 threads (at least) every day, there would be a lot more traffic. The choice is yours.
Jooniper Offline
#24 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 10:06:11 PM(UTC)
Jooniper

Was thanked: 873 time(s) in 631 post(s)
Yeah, a couple of years back I was a thread killer. HA! Probably why I don't post much anymore.
MamaC Offline
#25 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 12:41:46 AM(UTC)
MamaC

United States

Was thanked: 1542 time(s) in 640 post(s)
I have checked this message board most days since I signed on in 2008. Although my avatar doesn't show it, I have posted thousands of times!! Between changes in the message board from Cricut and changing my email address, I have lost many of my posts. However, MamaC2 is still hanging out in some of the forums!

At one time, i was an active member of this message board and then the Circle message board. I still post more frequently in the Circle, but I do post here and read it daily. For the past few months, I have been more of a lurker than an active poster. Life is so busy that posting (even creating) is taking second place to the events in my life off the message board.

I check my email, check facebook, and then visit the message boards. I am not into Twitter or Pintrest. Shucks, I just now started texting on my really 'dumb' phone!! I did venture out and purchased a MacBook Pro (instead of a PC)! The 'jury is still out' on that decision!

The most pleasant thing about coming to both of the message boards is....how peaceful the boards are! Personally, I am glad that the group that is posting now, agree to disagree and move on (and that doesn't happen often)! It is wonderful to post and not be just a little bit afraid of what is going to be written in reply.

It is 2:40 AM!! I really need to go back to bed! If all goes as planned, I will have my arms wrapped around my little grandson, Luke, in a few hours after being away from him for over a week! Life is good, my crafty message board friends!

Good night!!
Di&Co Offline
#26 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 7:30:39 AM(UTC)
Di&Co

Canada

Originally Posted by: Jooniper Go to Quoted Post
Yeah, a couple of years back I was a thread killer. HA! Probably why I don't post much anymore.

Well you should post more, as you can see by this thread...you're not a thread killer anymore! No fears! Wink
Narelle Offline
#27 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 4:20:51 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Was thanked: 7858 time(s) in 3675 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GypsyD Go to Quoted Post
This place used to have a ton of people on it. Where did they all go?

I think they all went over to the discount kitchen websites.... Cool Seems to be where it's all happening these days.... Flapper
 1 user thanked Narelle for this useful post.
go-go on 11/15/2013(UTC)
Leanner Offline
#28 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 5:05:09 PM(UTC)
Leanner

Was thanked: 1550 time(s) in 1140 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Narelle Go to Quoted Post
I think they all went over to the discount kitchen websites.... Cool Seems to be where it's all happening these days.... Flapper

Lol Narelle! That gave me quite a chuckle.
MaryStillman Offline
#29 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 5:14:01 PM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Was thanked: 1245 time(s) in 789 post(s)
Originally Posted by: EstherWheat Go to Quoted Post
I feel the same way. If I post something it would be nice to hear from others about what they think. Sometimes there will be tons of looks but only one or two comments.

I agree there. But remember, to also make comments. You may have to comment on 10 projects before someone comments on yours, that's kind of what I have found.

Want a comment, give some comments! Which reminds me I have not been to the Card forum in awhile. I better go there and do some commenting myself!

Mary

I just went to the cards forum. There are some great cards there. Go there now and comment on at least 3 or 4!!! You will make someone's day.

Edited by user Wednesday, November 13, 2013 5:45:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked MaryStillman for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 11/13/2013(UTC)
Di&Co Offline
#30 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 6:59:01 PM(UTC)
Di&Co

Canada

Originally Posted by: Narelle Go to Quoted Post

Now that's funny! LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL