Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

DaniThomas Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 9:45:18 PM(UTC)
DaniThomas

Groups: Registered

I am trying to make a stencil with Plantin School Numbers and Letters for an Eagle Scout Project which involves using letters and numbers to go on a cemetery curb to help people locate their loved ones. My problem is when I do 4.6,8,9 the shape of the number comes out but the holes that I need to use for the numbers is not connected to the stencil so you cannot tell what the number is I am also having this problem with r,o,p,a,d,b if anyone can tell me how to make a stencil and what product you recommend so I am not using cardstock with spray paint or where to find something that will last longer then a few spray paints a plastic product or something more durable than paper I would appreciate the help.
Thanks
Dani
CricketCMV Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 7:51:36 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8270 time(s) in 4872 post(s)
I just take those cutouts and GLUE them onto my project. Do you know what I mean? Would that work for you?

Do you have any other font cartridges that let the letters stay intact?

Char

In your case, I guess you wouldn't want to glue them onto your project. Can you secure the extra pieces within your letters (after you lay them out on your project), securing them with some tape and then go ahead and spray paint (and/or paint) around those pieces as you're spray painting your other letters?

Edited by user Tuesday, November 12, 2013 7:56:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

jtyndall54a3c0f23 Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, November 22, 2013 3:14:11 AM(UTC)
jtyndall54a3c0f23

Hi Dani! You can find stencil blanks at most places stencils are sold. I know Hobby Lobby and AC Moore have them. They're pretty inexpensive. Walmart also has some small ones on occasion. I've not tried them on my cricut yet, but supposedly they work. I've been thinking about your other problem because I'm stuck at the same spot. The best idea I've thought of so far is to use a piece of tape to tape the inner circle in place and then another piece of tape on the opposite side to cover up the sticky. I think we can cut the tape small enough to make a bridge and hold the stencil in place. It may need to be reattached after cleaning the stencils though, unless someone knows a good waterproof tape. Hope this helps!