Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

fletcherfam09d3b9ee5a Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2013 7:10:59 AM(UTC)
fletcherfam09d3b9ee5a

Groups: Registered

I am new to this whole thing and cant figure out for the life of me how to Copy and Paste a welded image... I want to cut a Image with a circle directly in the center of it and cant figure out..

1) how to center the image

and

2) how to copy and paste that centered image to cut 9 times!
Olivia'sNana Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2013 8:29:01 AM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 926 time(s) in 457 post(s)
hope I am not too late to help you. I just saw your post.

How to center - the way I do it is place your base layer on your virtual mat, size it like you want. You will notice when you have the brackets around the image there is a light gray + (plus symbol) in the exact center of the image. Place your image on your mat to where the cross is centered on any intersecting 1" lines on your virtual mat. It will be easier to see if you will change the mat color to the no color (click on your mat tab, color, and select the white box with the red diagonal slash thru it). Then place your cutout image over your base and line the + symbol in the same intersecting lines. Make sure that if the weld box pops up, you select no weld.
Now you have a centered cutout.

click control A to select both images, click "group". This is in the top tool bar above the virtual mat. Now you have one image and can be resized and moved around without messing up your centering.

To make multiple copies, move the image to the upper left corner of your mat, under shape properties (tool tabs on the left of your mat), the fifth box down says image quantity, type in the number of images that you want and click apply. If the number is to many to fit on one mat, it will ask if you want to add a mat.

To copy correctly, since there are images on top of the other, you must group them. Otherwise, your copies will not copy correctly.

Here are a couple of screen shots that may help since my explaining may be confusing and wordy.
Olivia'sNana attached the following image(s):
untitled1.JPG
untitled.JPG