Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Luvtoscrap Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2013 8:32:33 AM(UTC)
Luvtoscrap

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Since I can't use my computer with windows 8.1 I tried to cut with my previous laptop with windows 7 and I keep receiving message " Authorize Computer, You have 2 of 2 computers authorized on you Cricut Account. You will not be able to authorize any additional computers until Mon Dec. 2, 2013. Please contact cricut support.
Has anyone else had this problem? I have been on hold with cricut support for 25 minutes.
Narelle Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2013 2:09:06 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Was thanked: 7910 time(s) in 3708 post(s)
Stay on hold! They will need to deauthorize your computer so you can also use your Laptop.
AmyThomas3 Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2013 7:29:29 PM(UTC)
AmyThomas3

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
I get told this all the time. I have a desk top and a lap top and occasionally switch between the two. As soon as I do, I am on the phone asking customer support to unauthorize the computers so I can put my laptop back on. Wish there was a way around talking with customer support but so far I've not found a way around it...
Narelle Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2013 5:07:00 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Was thanked: 7910 time(s) in 3708 post(s)
It's weird that that is happening because we can have cutting rights on two computers at the same time. Huh
CricutNat Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2013 8:43:53 AM(UTC)
CricutNat

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 61 post(s)
Yep - struggled with this several times last week - closed all my windows on my MAC and had to restart 3+ times for it to get right - kept getting SERVICE ERROR and 2 of 2 computer authorized - if re-starting doesn't help then you have to call PC, which I did and it was pretty easy fix
Cool
Judy Ashmore Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, November 17, 2013 12:06:39 PM(UTC)
Judy Ashmore

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 37 post(s)
More PC bumblngs with the "authorized" computer problem.

Most company tech would change that immediately to allow any number of computers to be linked with our accounts, especially with the problems with W 8.1 and the Apple problem.

Getting very frustrated with the whole thing. I want every penny returned that I spent on digital cartridges. They do not work.

scrapalette Offline
#7 Posted : Sunday, November 17, 2013 3:05:58 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

United States

Was thanked: 19152 time(s) in 8566 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Judy Ashmore Go to Quoted Post
More PC bumblngs with the "authorized" computer problem.

Most company tech would change that immediately to allow any number of computers to be linked with our accounts, especially with the problems with W 8.1 and the Apple problem.

Getting very frustrated with the whole thing. I want every penny returned that I spent on digital cartridges. They do not work.

I don't think so. If PC did that {or any other company with proprietary software}, one person could and would buy the carts/images, link them to CCR and let lots of other family and friends login to their account on the other person's {unlimited} computers.

Having software on 2 computers is the industry standard. And we don't even have to buy CCR to use it on 2 computers. Plus, we can design on the software on an unlimited number of computers {only the cutting rights are limited to 2 computers}.
Judy Ashmore Offline
#8 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2013 8:24:06 AM(UTC)
Judy Ashmore

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 37 post(s)
Scrapalette, I appreciate your comments. I do know that the CCR is "FREE", but when you think about it, maybe not so "FREE" since we buy digital cartridges that can only be used with the "FREE" program.

I get your comment that people would abuse it if you could do more than 2 computers. Some folks are out to abuse everything they can.

I am very frustrated, I have bought 51 digital cartridges since the CCR was opened and I think that PC needs to be the first to get this problem with Windows 8.1 and Mac solved.

WE are the customers
scrapalette Offline
#9 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2013 10:09:46 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

United States

I totally agree there needs to be a solution for people who upgraded their systems.

1 user thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
Judy Ashmore on 11/19/2013(UTC)
nancywaldschmidt04c431a0 Offline
#10 Posted : Sunday, December 01, 2013 7:52:57 PM(UTC)
nancywaldschmidt04c431a0

So glad I'm not alone.

I am beyond upset. I received a Cricut Mini last Christmas. Set up (with difficulty) and used successfully last winter. The nice weather arrived and I put everything away for the summer.

Fast forward to the other day. Pulled everything out after a crop to finish titles etc. Downloaded CCR on my new laptop except I didn't realize CCR didn't play with Windows 8. I did everything suggested--compatibility mode, turn off antivirus, uninstalled one and installed a different one, uninstalled CCR, reinstalled CCR, tried to update drivers (no luck). So I tried with the laptop I used with success last year. Only to get this error:

you have authorized 2 out of 2 computers, this will reset in May 26, 2014

Frustrated because that was, until last week the only computer that I had authorized.

Contacted Cricut via email to find out that they can't do anything unless I call. I work during their business hours, and can't call.

So now I wait until May to use my Cricut. If it speaks Windows 8 by then.

And the digital cartridges I bought the other day--useless for 6 months.
scrapalette Offline
#11 Posted : Sunday, December 01, 2013 9:34:45 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

United States

Originally Posted by: nancywaldschmidt04c431a0 Go to Quoted Post
So glad I'm not alone.

I am beyond upset. I received a Cricut Mini last Christmas. Set up (with difficulty) and used successfully last winter. The nice weather arrived and I put everything away for the summer.

Fast forward to the other day. Pulled everything out after a crop to finish titles etc. Downloaded CCR on my new laptop except I didn't realize CCR didn't play with Windows 8. I did everything suggested--compatibility mode, turn off antivirus, uninstalled one and installed a different one, uninstalled CCR, reinstalled CCR, tried to update drivers (no luck). So I tried with the laptop I used with success last year. Only to get this error:

you have authorized 2 out of 2 computers, this will reset in May 26, 2014

Frustrated because that was, until last week the only computer that I had authorized.

Contacted Cricut via email to find out that they can't do anything unless I call. I work during their business hours, and can't call.

So now I wait until May to use my Cricut. If it speaks Windows 8 by then.

And the digital cartridges I bought the other day--useless for 6 months.

You can only have 2 computers authorized on your account at a time. PC will deactivate one computer so you can add another. But you do have to call them. It takes about 5 minutes.

CCR will work with windows 8 {and now with 8.1}.

#12 Posted : Tuesday, December 03, 2013 10:19:56 PM(UTC)
nancywaldschmidt04c431a0

Quote:
You can only have 2 computers authorized on your account at a time. PC will deactivate one computer so you can add another. But you do have to call them. It takes about 5 minutes.

CCR will work with windows 8 {and now with 8.1}.

I did the compatibility mode work around. I couldn't make it work. I had our computer guru change some settings with no luck.

To the best of my knowledge I should only have 1 computer authorized. Maybe the second when I was fighting with CCR although I don't remember that box popping up.

As I said I work during their business hours. Come May I will either try again or sell. Having to shelve a hundred dollar machine (not to mention the digital downloads I have bought) for 6 months is frustrating.
scrapalette Offline
#13 Posted : Wednesday, December 04, 2013 2:15:51 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

United States

Originally Posted by: nancywaldschmidt04c431a0 Go to Quoted Post
I did the compatibility mode work around. I couldn't make it work. I had our computer guru change some settings with no luck.

To the best of my knowledge I should only have 1 computer authorized. Maybe the second when I was fighting with CCR although I don't remember that box popping up.

As I said I work during their business hours. Come May I will either try again or sell. Having to shelve a hundred dollar machine (not to mention the digital downloads I have bought) for 6 months is frustrating.

I was only letting you know it's a quick call. PC customer service is open from 7 am to 6 pm MST, so unless you're also in mountain time, there are hours before or after a normal workday.

Regardless, it's your money tied up in the machine/digital carts and if you don't want to take the time to call them, that certainly is your choice.
#14 Posted : Wednesday, December 04, 2013 9:38:21 PM(UTC)
nancywaldschmidt04c431a0

Ouch.

Back to lurking.
emilyallcorn284bcfd3 Offline
#15 Posted : Sunday, August 24, 2014 10:39:53 AM(UTC)
emilyallcorn284bcfd3

I recently purchased a new lap top. I started a project on Craft room and was ready to cut the project when the error message came up saying that I have 2 of 2 computers authorized. This is very frustrating because I have only ever used my old lap top for my Cricut.
Where is this second computer that I do not own or ever used?

I am making all the flowers for my wedding and I can not wait till November to continue working on these. I tried calling support for help and they are closed. What kind of crafting support closes on a Sunday? This is my only day off and they are closed...

I am beyond annoyed right now... Mad
Cricut Tamara :) Offline
#16 Posted : Sunday, August 24, 2014 10:50:29 AM(UTC)
Cricut Tamara :)

Groups: Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator, Registered

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 141 post(s)
Originally Posted by: emilyallcorn284bcfd3 Go to Quoted Post
I recently purchased a new lap top. I started a project on Craft room and was ready to cut the project when the error message came up saying that I have 2 of 2 computers authorized. This is very frustrating because I have only ever used my old lap top for my Cricut.
Where is this second computer that I do not own or ever used?

I am making all the flowers for my wedding and I can not wait till November to continue working on these. I tried calling support for help and they are closed. What kind of crafting support closes on a Sunday? This is my only day off and they are closed...

I am beyond annoyed right now... Mad

Hello Emily,

I would be happy to help you out if you would PM send me your email address that you are trying to log in with. It usually takes up to 24 hours to get this reset but I will try my best to get this done for you as fast as I can.

Cricut Tamara :)