Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

anitas3965a6789f17 Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 17, 2013 10:17:00 AM(UTC)
anitas3965a6789f17

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I cut out a design in Craft Room, I have made it 15 inches long (it's a border), and it shows that it is 15 inches on the mat. But the finished product comes out 14 1/2. Why does that happen? It is very difficult understanding the Cricut sizing anyway. I have cut out different
snowflakes, all of which should be 5 inches across and some of them come out smaller. There is nowhere on the snowflake that measures 5 inches.
Olivia'sNana Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 17, 2013 10:36:11 AM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Was thanked: 877 time(s) in 415 post(s)
The size would be from the highest point to the lowest point of the image height. When you select the image (control A, to where the bracket is around it, what does the size say in the height and width size boxes right above the top of your virtual mat? is it cutting different than what that says?

If you are inputting your size in the box right under your mat, the size you input would be for the base height. If you are actually cutting a layer, rather than the base, the layer will cut in proportion to the base size.

Control A to select your image and then you can make your size anything you want by clicking on the link that is in the middle of the height and width boxes at the top of your screen and manually inputting what you want the height and the width to be. If you don't click on the link, you can enter one or the other (W or H) and the other will adjust proportionately. Your image should cut this exact size. your image must be on your mat first, active and then input your sizes.

For a 12 X 12 mat, the maximum size it will cut is 11.5" for a 12X 24" mat, the maximum size is 11.5 X 23.5 due to the margins that the blade will not cut into.

hope this helps

Edited by user Sunday, November 17, 2013 10:37:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

anitas3965a6789f17 Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 23, 2013 1:51:41 PM(UTC)
anitas3965a6789f17

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
yes, the boxes in the top left showed the border was 15 inches, but it still cut out at 14 3/4 inches. When I measure my cuts with a ruler, they are always shorter than the craft room mat shows they are. It's like Cricut uses a different measurement for inches. It's very frustrating and I have ruined tons of paper cutting and recutting to get a size I want.Confused
MaryStillman Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 23, 2013 6:02:11 PM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Was thanked: 1241 time(s) in 788 post(s)
Originally Posted by: anitas3965a6789f17 Go to Quoted Post
yes, the boxes in the top left showed the border was 15 inches, but it still cut out at 14 3/4 inches. When I measure my cuts with a ruler, they are always shorter than the craft room mat shows they are. It's like Cricut uses a different measurement for inches. It's very frustrating and I have ruined tons of paper cutting and recutting to get a size I want.Confused

I assume you are cutting on a 24" mat, and the project is 15 by something smaller than 12". Even with the 24" mat, there are still restrictions on how wide the project can be, so if your image is 15 by 12, it will end up being less then that to fit within the boundaries of the 12" mat. I think it's 11.5 inches or something like that.

Otherwise if your image is less then 12" wide, make sure you have the real size on so you do get the 15". If you layer, however, your layers will not fit together using the real size.

I have noticed what is happening to you has also struck me with my mini. It seems some sizes, just won't pony up to the correct size. It may be one of those tech things where an increase or decrease has to be in some kind of units that doesn't allow for accurate sizing by the user. I don't know. I try CCR for a while, and then basically give up when things like this happen to me.

Mary

Edited by user Saturday, November 23, 2013 6:03:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified