Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

jtyndall54a3c0f23 Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, November 22, 2013 3:20:00 AM(UTC)
jtyndall54a3c0f23

Groups: Registered

I'm making banners and need some glue recommendations. I'm cutting letters from cardstock and then attaching them to chipboard. I've tried Aileens and modge podge. They both work great but it's hard not to get bits of glue on the front of the cardstock. Then when the glue dries there's little drops of shinny on the front. I know there's got to be something better. I just don't know what it is. Thanks!
Olivia'sNana Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, November 22, 2013 4:25:03 AM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Was thanked: 886 time(s) in 423 post(s)
I always use spray adhesive that is in cans just like spray paint when I am working on larger projects that I need 100% glue coverage. Usually have Elmers spray but there are many brands and if it matters, most are acid free.
I use left over wrapping paper or those cheap $1.00 plastic table cloths to lay my glue pieces on to catch the over spray. Once the over spray dries, you can just fold up and reuse several times

Edited by user Friday, November 22, 2013 4:26:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TammyPuckett Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, November 22, 2013 10:23:30 AM(UTC)
TammyPuckett

Was thanked: 330 time(s) in 191 post(s)
I use several kinds of glue depending on what I am doing. I like the Scotch quick dry for little things. I 2 different sizes of the Zig 2 way glue. I also have an ATG gun that I use when I can do strips to attach to cards or layouts. It just really depends on what I am doing as to which adhesive I use.
JoyceG Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, November 22, 2013 1:08:46 PM(UTC)
JoyceG

Was thanked: 903 time(s) in 591 post(s)
I started using Tombow Mono aqua liquid glue blue bottle) for my cricut cuts. I love it and it's easier to use than my tape guns . I'm attaching a like to the one I use. I have had 2 bottles of this stuff forever and never used it until I needed glue for tiny parts on my cricut images. I love it! And IF you smear it when pressing the images together, it's easy to wipe off without a shine or gloss being left behind.

http://www.dickblick.com...0000187515&cadevice={device}&gclid=CLexvd-Y-boCFepQOgodqikAEQ

I have never ordered from that site, I was just showing what I use. But I do know it's sold in most craft stores and stamping up even sells it. I have big bottles and SU has small ones.

Joyce

Edited by user Friday, November 22, 2013 1:12:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified